• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh to the Chargers

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day's W/L record is damn good. I'm not sure if he's lost a game to an unranked opponent yet. And I think it's kinda odd JH couldn't beat the Buckeyes until after Connor Stallions arrived.
Day has done very well, but there are more than a few boosters/fans who are not happy losing 3 straight. I think he's boosted his staff in a very smart way this year with the changes coming to the B10. FWIW - I have no issues against Day. A good majority of my OSU friends wanted him gone yesterday.

As for Stallions - if you think Michigan is the only one bending rules in sports to win...I mean...they just weren't smart enough to hide it better.

If that makes some OSU fans feel better about the losses - great - but for me as an outsider (not an OSU guy, not a Michigan guy) it doesn't hold a lot of water, personally. Every program is doing what it can to win at the highest level. Too much money at stake and the repercussions are minimal.

I mean - let's say they find all kinds of things wrong under Jim at MU - think anyone really cares? They'll still talk about that Championship. That's all anyone will ever really care about outside of some OSU fans who will need to point that out in any discussion. The other 99% of college football won't care - just like it doesn't care when teams in basketball get the banhammer and take down banners. No one cares - they still remember the games won - and that's all that matters to them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be correct about not losing to an unranked team...let alone a middling team like his predecessor had against Purdue and Iowa. UM is the only BIG team to beat him.

meeeechegan fans know the writings on the wall. The momentum has shifted back to Ohio State. Pretty sure the entire time JH was in ann arbor he never had a top 5 national recruiting class.

He's a damn good coach, his W/L record is proof of that. But his replacement obviously isn't as good of a coach. They'll take big step backwards in '24.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce is an up and coming young head coach, Vita.

The players responded to him and the results were a lot better than under McDaniels.
Las Vegas now has had 4 HC in as many years as in Sin City.

One of the Raiders Divisional Rivals just hired thee hottest name in the HC open market.

Meanwhile, of the two other Divisional Rivals, your Raiders will go against 2 Future HOF HC's twice a year too. If Jimbo continues to do what he has done everywhere else he has gone, he too will be a Future HOF HC.

And while all Raider fans love Pierce, with 6 games vs this trio every year it puts a lot of pressure on the remaining 11 games, especially those few remaining AFC contests.

It's quite a tall order for a guy that has never been an HC, an OC or DC before & who doesn't have a legit QB to lean on, don't ya think DJ?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day has done very well, but there are more than a few boosters/fans who are not happy losing 3 straight. I think he's boosted his staff in a very smart way this year with the changes coming to the B10. FWIW - I have no issues against Day. A good majority of my OSU friends wanted him gone yesterday.

As for Stallions - if you think Michigan is the only one bending rules in sports to win...I mean...they just weren't smart enough to hide it better.

If that makes some OSU fans feel better about the losses - great - but for me as an outsider (not an OSU guy, not a Michigan guy) it doesn't hold a lot of water, personally. Every program is doing what it can to win at the highest level. Too much money at stake and the repercussions are minimal.

I mean - let's say they find all kinds of things wrong under Jim at MU - think anyone really cares? They'll still talk about that Championship. That's all anyone will ever really care about outside of some OSU fans who will need to point that out in any discussion. The other 99% of college football won't care - just like it doesn't care when teams in basketball get the banhammer and take down banners. No one cares - they still remember the games won - and that's all that matters to them.

It's not a coincidence that JH couldn't beat Ohio State until after the cheating started. And of course UofM isn't the only program breaking the rules. But they got caught.

F-gRd6_XEAABDF3.jpg

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....Harbaugh Bolted out of Ann Arbor...for the Bolts?

Los Angeles Football GIF by NFL On Prime Video
The one thing all Bolt fans should remember right about now.... So far, Jim Harbaugh has been to Football what Larry Brown is to Basketball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meeeechegan fans know the writings on the wall. The momentum has shifted back to Ohio State. Pretty sure the entire time JH was in ann arbor he never had a top 5 national recruiting class.

He's a damn good coach, his W/L record is proof of that. But his replacement obviously isn't as good of a coach. They'll take big step backwards in '24.
does he have a replacement yet?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does he have a replacement yet?

I believe so. Remember the coach that took over for JH while he was suspended and after the Penn State game he was crying and said- coach harbaugh I f'n love you man? Don't care enough to look his name up. :heh:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh steps into a positive situation. He inherits a roster that is more talented on both sides of the ball than their record otherwise indicates. He'll have the 5th pick in the draft and 7 picks total. While it seems their defense needs more bolstering than the offense, it's a good guess that they will choose either a WR (Malik Nabers/Rome Odunze) or pass catching TE (Brock Bowers) to give Justin Herbert another weapon.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh steps into a positive situation. He inherits a roster that is more talented on both sides of the ball than their record otherwise indicates. He'll have the 5th pick in the draft and 7 picks total. While it seems their defense needs more bolstering than the offense, it's a good guess that they will choose either a WR (Malik Nabers/Rome Odunze) or pass catching TE (Brock Bowers) to give Justin Herbert another weapon.
Bullseye. He's setting himself up for success by picking the right situation. Like you said, the draft will help him, as the LAC are in good position to land top talent at a position of need, and the cap issues the team has can be cleared up in a year or so imo. Either way, he'll be in good position to have a better record next year than this year and an even better record the year after.

Will the LAC take a WR early in rd 1 after having already taken a WR in rd 1 last year? Is taking Bowers at 7 a reach? Can they move down some and still get a Nabors, Odunze or Bowers?

is there any word yet on who Harbaugh will be bringing in as his coordinators?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think their talent might be roughly where their draft position suggests. They basically have 4 older players that will get cut or overpaid. So probably 3 or 4 cut.

What they do have is Herbert, a decent oline, and Derwin James. And maybe 1 of those older players.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think their talent might be roughly where their draft position suggests. They basically have 4 older players that will get cut or overpaid. So probably 3 or 4 cut.

What they do have is Herbert, a decent oline, and Derwin James. And maybe 1 of those older players.
You could very well be right. If the Chargers cut some of their older players/large contracts (Khalil Mack?), they could be stripping themselves of some talent to where their 5th place finish might seem more in line.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What they do have is Herbert, a pretty decent Oline, a good WR corps, and a couple of pieces on defense. I keep wondering if this is the year they decide to play hardball with the cap, and let Ekeler walk, cut/pay-cut/restructure Bosa, cut Mack and start to clean things up. Harbaugh might be smart to do so.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could very well be right. If the Chargers cut some of their older players/large contracts (Khalil Mack?), they could be stripping themselves of some talent to where their 5th place finish might seem more in line.
They are still in a good position to build. Teams with a QB like Herbert generally dont end up picking top 5 so you can give him a star to work with on a rookie contract at an important position. Or trade down and rebuild the defense.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe so. Remember the coach that took over for JH while he was suspended and after the Penn State game he was crying and said- coach harbaugh I f'n love you man? Don't care enough to look his name up. :heh:
Dude was a huge asset to Jimbo, he may likely bring with to LA.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was a huge asset to Jimbo, he may likely bring with to LA.

That wouldn't surprise me. I think his name is Sherrod Moore. He's expected to replace JH but nothing official outta ann arbor yet.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38-27 Post season record, all three reaching the Super Bowl.
That wouldn't surprise me. I think his name is Sherrod Moore. He's expected to replace JH but nothing official outta ann arbor yet.
I'd actually be more surprised if he was named the HC at U-M.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38-27 Post season record, all three reaching the Super Bowl.

I'd actually be more surprised if he was named the HC at U-M.

As a completely unbiased CFB fan I just want ann arbor to pick the wrong guy to replace you know who.