• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh to the Chargers

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the Lions game against the Chargers this year in LA. He's gonna love those facilities.

The Chargers got a salary cap mess to clean up, but they do have some great pieces in place. A good draft or two, replacing these older expensive guys with younger cheaper and Harbaugh could have a SB contender in no time. We'll see if Harbs can waive his magic wand again.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the Lions game against the Chargers this year in LA. He's gonna love those facilities.

The Chargers got a salary cap mess to clean up, but they do have some great pieces in place. A good draft or two, replacing these older expensive guys with younger cheaper and Harbaugh could have a SB contender in no time. We'll see if Harbs can waive his magic wand again.
perfect situation for him.don,t see how he could turn it down.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the smart move by Harbaugh. If he was going to go to the NFL, this was the job to take. Franchise QB already in place, some good pieces elsewhere on the team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL > CFB

There is a reason Day doesn’t interview for jobs that are open. And it isn’t loyalty.
No disagreement there......but he is a lot younger and has no NFL experience. That could be it, no?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the smart move by Harbaugh. If he was going to go to the NFL, this was the job to take. Franchise QB already in place, some good pieces elsewhere on the team.
also losing a number of key players on what was his current team and facing some sort of major punishment that he helped create.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce is an up and coming young head coach, Vita.

The players responded to him and the results were a lot better than under McDaniels.
Yep....he's also won some games without an elite HOF QB.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the team who gave signs directly to an opponent before we played them, and then we still beat your ass without stallions, that dog dont hunt, muster another excuse inbred

My bad clown-boy. I posted this at the end of my comment- :heh:. Apparently you can't spot a joke when it's right in front of you.

From now on since you're obviously stupid I'll use this so you don't take a joke personally. sarcasm2.gif

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also losing a number of key players on what was his current team and facing some sort of major punishment that he helped create.
True. Just had a wildly successful season, won a natty. Yet there are sanctions coming down the pipe for the school. Best time to leave for the NFL. Pete Carroll approves.

In all seriousness, if Harbaugh was gonna leave for the NFL, this was a very good time to do it. The Chargers are a very good landing place for him. It'll be interesting to see how much power Harbaugh has over the roster, draft, FA, etc. in relation to the GM.

Last edited:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move by the Chargers. Not only is he a quality head coach and good with QB's, he has watched much of the best talent coming out of college first hand. They'll need to draft well with their cap situation and he may be able to help them identify some quality players in the later rounds of the draft

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kroenke spends all his money to build this beautiful stadium and is forced to share it with the Chargers. Talk about bs.

Not sharing, renting. That's a solid return for otherwise empty Sundays.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the OSU fans happy with this news, but Ryan Day is still the HC - and that is, IMO, part of the problem OSU has had with Michigan (and in genera) for the last few years.

Maybe the new focus on the staffing changes will help (Hired new OC with solid experience) and they have been shelling out NIL money like crazy to land some highly rated guys.

Going to be interesting with the new Programs coming to the B10 this year. Probably another factor in Jim wanting to get out - going forward it's not just beating OSU for the top spot, it's beating OSU, Oregon, USC, in addition to the 1 or two teams that seems to have their once a decade jump up in having an above year to compete for the B10 title.

Not to mention, the lack of divisions going forward as well. This hurts the west division (or whatever they call it) more so than the OSU/MU side since it all but assures places like NW, Wisc, Nebraska will likely never win another B10 title outside of some random year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the OSU fans happy with this news, but Ryan Day is still the HC - and that is, IMO, part of the problem OSU has had with Michigan (and in genera) for the last few years.

Maybe the new focus on the staffing changes will help (Hired new OC with solid experience) and they have been shelling out NIL money like crazy to land some highly rated guys.

Going to be interesting with the new Programs coming to the B10 this year. Probably another factor in Jim wanting to get out - going forward it's not just beating OSU for the top spot, it's beating OSU, Oregon, USC, in addition to the 1 or two teams that seems to have their once a decade jump up in having an above year to compete for the B10 title.

Not to mention, the lack of divisions going forward as well. This hurts the west division (or whatever they call it) more so than the OSU/MU side since it all but assures places like NW, Wisc, Nebraska will likely never win another B10 title outside of some random year.

Day's W/L record is damn good. I'm not sure if he's lost a game to an unranked opponent yet. And I think it's kinda odd JH couldn't beat the Buckeyes until after Connor Stallions arrived.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think reasonable OSU fans likely are happy Day is still the HC.....I get forums like this are filled with Blame the Coach Guys so they put every loss on the coach and even when there are only 1-2 show incredibly angst.

Has he lost a few to UM? Yep. But compared to his predecessor (who was also a fantastic coach) wouldn't you say Day has been up against far better UM teams for the most part? No Brady Hoke or Rich Rod led teams or a team stacked with their guys. Day has also never most to a bad or even mediocre team like Meyer did a few times.

He's maintained being a top recruiter and could even say he's been a lot better at the most important position - QB - when it comes to recruiting.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day's W/L record is damn good. I'm not sure if he's lost a game to an unranked opponent yet. And I think it's kinda odd JH couldn't beat the Buckeyes until after Connor Stallions arrived.
You would be correct about not losing to an unranked team...let alone a middling team like his predecessor had against Purdue and Iowa. UM is the only BIG team to beat him.