• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodgers injury

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I admit that I am no doctor, but. . .

i (1).jpeg

I don't think your leg is supposed to do that

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I admit that I am no doctor, but. . .

View attachment 340167

I don't think your leg is supposed to do that

Yah I posted that in the game thread and it doesn't look very nice at all.

I don't know if an Achilles tear is a career ender or just a season ender. It sounds like a pretty lengthy recovery though with a lot of physical therapy. From what I read it sounds like sometimes you can regain mobility but other times it may impede your walking for life. Course Rodgers will get the best medical attention and physical therapy money can provide, but yah.

Either way, OUCH. What was it like 3-4 plays one and done? And the contract fully guaranteed... man. I wonder even if he gets things fixed up if he'll just hang it up after this.

Yes I get he is not going to pay for any of this, but that's gonna suck to have to go through multiple surgeries, be in and out of hospitals, but laid up in them and at home, etc. I don't believe he can travel with the team with something like this.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury was my fault. I deadass joked yesterday with a friend of mine who likes the Pat McAfee Show about how crazy its gonna be that the first Aaron Rodgers weekly show appearance will be cancelled because he got hurt in his first game. Then this happens.

My bad

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I posted that in the game thread and it doesn't look very nice at all.

I don't know if an Achilles tear is a career ender or just a season ender. It sounds like a pretty lengthy recovery though with a lot of physical therapy. From what I read it sounds like sometimes you can regain mobility but other times it may impede your walking for life. Course Rodgers will get the best medical attention and physical therapy money can provide, but yah.

Either way, OUCH. What was it like 3-4 plays one and done? And the contract fully guaranteed... man. I wonder even if he gets things fixed up if he'll just hang it up after this.

Yes I get he is not going to pay for any of this, but that's gonna suck to have to go through multiple surgeries, be in and out of hospitals, but laid up in them and at home, etc. I don't believe he can travel with the team with something like this.
What is important right now are the REAL victims of this tragedy. The Packers get a 1st round pick if Rodgers plays at least 65% of offensive snaps this year!

In all seriousness, if it is as bad as it looks, it is hard to imagine him coming back. I mean, you have a Superbowl, MPVs, are a first ballot HoF, and rich as hell. What else do you have to prove? Is it really important enough to go through all of this again?

But, of course, professional athletes often don't think like normal people. Would not surprise me to see Rodgers give it another go next year

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the Jets sticking with Wilson. They have to move for another QB.

Reactions: DJ

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury was my fault. I deadass joked yesterday with a friend of mine who likes the Pat McAfee Show about how crazy its gonna be that the first Aaron Rodgers weekly show appearance will be cancelled because he got hurt in his first game. Then this happens.

My bad

Rodgers has no problem talking to the media when he's injured. He even went on with Conan O'Brien and told a story about how Anthony Barr gave him the "Suck It" sign after injuring him.

Seriously, what injured player goes on a talk show in the middle of his team's season?

Injured players doing any media appearances bothers me to no end.

My hope was that Rodgers was going to come out and look totally washed up after all of the shit that he talked. It was not for him to get hurt. I find this very unsatisfactory.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 40 years old, I can't see any way he comes back from this. Shitty way to go out. Not just for him but more for us out here who would rather have seen Succky McSuckerson douchebag throwing people under busses. Now he gets to play the sympathy card. Oh well. He can hang them up now and walk into the HOF the year after Brady.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the Jets sticking with Wilson. They have to move for another QB.
carson_W.jpg

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's destiny

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets gotta roll with Zach again. Nothing to be done. Too much money being wasted on Rodgers.

That defense will keep them in games, like last year (and like the last two decades). They'll draft too high for a QB again.

Rinse. Repeat.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets gotta roll with Zach again. Nothing to be done. Too much money being wasted on Rodgers.

That defense will keep them in games, like last year (and like the last two decades). They'll draft too high for a QB again.

Rinse. Repeat.
they can't dump draft capital after what they paid for rodgers, which I thought was too much...