• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richardson and Ingram are epic busts.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were both great at Alabama helping them win National Championships. How they do in the NFL means what to me? Just wondering how trolling how they are doing in the NFL has to do with their Alabama years. What type team, line and philosophy has a lot to do with that success. Ingram hasn't even started yet and Richardson's second year. Big big time trolling!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont tap into this argument except to say if you look at how many RB's the Saints have had in the last several years, you will see they are expendable items to that team, their bread and butter is Breeze and his cast of receivers. They run about 33% of the time and pass the rest. This is about the same average they have had, within a few points up or down, for the past few years. You can see that having RB's to them is only meant to account for a third of the offensive production, and having a couple of undrafted backs, with a couple of veterans should also tell you something. This is not as important a part of their offense as pass blockers and high flying, sure handed receivers are. JMO
That makes no sense. Are you trying to tell me that a guy like Jamaal Charles would rotate for the Saints? RB has no value for the Saints, but they spent a 1st round pick on a RB? How do you make sense of that?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, DeMarco Murray has already broken Emmitt Smiths single game rushing record. He a top 5 back in the league right now.

Tony Romo set a Cowboys record for passing in a single game. Think anybody is ready to put him in the Staubach/Aikman class? Murray is out once again with an injury. That top 5 will be history in January.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense. Are you trying to tell me that a guy like Jamaal Charles would rotate for the Saints? RB has no value for the Saints, but they spent a 1st round pick on a RB? How do you make sense of that?

I make sense of it in that they took what they thought was the best player available at the time. you dont believe they value RB as an expendable portion of the offense, then why do they have two undrafted backs on staff when they could have picked up any number of drafted backs in the draft or free agency market. The thought they were getting a stud back, but they dont use him like one nor do they use their other backs like one either. They throw 66%(+/-) of the time. Giving a plattoon of backs a few carries each a game is not utilizing a 1st rounder in the correct manner. They did this with Reggie Bush as well as others, so its not hard to see its the system that N.O. runs that is not friendly to the RB position.

Its not uncommon for a team to leave its draft board if they feel there is a player that is better than all the others at that particular time, much the same as teams that pick kids that no one else even had on their boards at all. Its all a crap shoot, but RB is becoming a less important slot in todays offensive schemes, unless he can block and catch the ball coming out of the backfield.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make sense of it in that they took what they thought was the best player available at the time. you dont believe they value RB as an expendable portion of the offense, then why do they have two undrafted backs on staff when they could have picked up any number of drafted backs in the draft or free agency market. The thought they were getting a stud back, but they dont use him like one nor do they use their other backs like one either. They throw 66%(+/-) of the time. Giving a plattoon of backs a few carries each a game is not utilizing a 1st rounder in the correct manner. They did this with Reggie Bush as well as others, so its not hard to see its the system that N.O. runs that is not friendly to the RB position.

Its not uncommon for a team to leave its draft board if they feel there is a player that is better than all the others at that particular time, much the same as teams that pick kids that no one else even had on their boards at all. Its all a crap shoot, but RB is becoming a less important slot in todays offensive schemes, unless he can block and catch the ball coming out of the backfield.
-
I think as a Bama fan you are just rationalizing this,. It is cool. We disagree.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're busts.....

Now, Alabama QBs, that's another story. Hell damn near all SEC QBs for the most part are busts.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now, Alabama QBs, that's another story. Hell damn near all SEC QBs for the most part are busts.
-
No tone Bama QB has been a high draft pick. Hard to say they are busts.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, without shining examples like Vince Young and Colt McCoy, we wouldnt know what an NFL QB should look like.:noidea:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, without shining examples like Vince Young and Colt McCoy, we wouldnt know what an NFL QB should look like.:noidea:
-
one is a 2 time pro bowl QB and the other is a 3rd round pick..

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
one is a 2 time pro bowl QB and the other is a 3rd round pick..

Pro bowl is a beauty contest and neither is what i would call a top flight starter for any team. Backups, both of them. But who cares because Bama doesnt graduate starting QB's, although that could change this year with McCarron. He is being talked about as a possible 2nd or third round pick. He has the tools and can make all the throws and is very smart in his decision making. I dont really care about any of this, just making conversation on a down week. What any of them do once they go on to the NFL is of no concern of mine, its all on them at that point.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fan of a Big 12 team can criticize nobody on producing QBs. There is nobody from a current Big 12 school worth a damn at the position outside of RG3.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro bowl is a beauty contest and neither is what i would call a top flight starter for any team. Backups, both of them. But who cares because Bama doesnt graduate starting QB's, although that could change this year with McCarron. He is being talked about as a possible 2nd or third round pick. He has the tools and can make all the throws and is very smart in his decision making. I dont really care about any of this, just making conversation on a down week. What any of them do once they go on to the NFL is of no concern of mine, its all on them at that point.

Werd. I like to see ex Bama players do good but, at the end of the day, I really don't give 2 shits about much of anything having to do with the NFL. :noidea:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you're saying; it makes perfect sense. But I think N.O. took another chance to draft a RB in the 1st round to be the premier, every down back, otherwise, why draft one in the 1st round when you can find a quality RB in the later rounds just to split carries? You're right, though, maybe Ingram needs to be traded to another team where he can flash his talents better, the way Bush did when he was traded.

Considering the offense they run, I have no idea why they would spend a 1st round pick on any RB. But they do, so :noidea:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fan of a Big 12 team can criticize nobody on producing QBs. There is nobody from a current Big 12 school worth a damn at the position outside of RG3.

Just ridiculous.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many pass happy teams with RB by committee to call either a bust yet. The glory days of the RB have been left by the wayside.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't just discount RGIII and Sam Bradford is having a solid year despite a terrible line and no name wide receivers. Brandon Weeden is a starters as well as Andy Dalton.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free advice to Bama fans ... here is how you should respond to this type of trolling post:

"We've won 3 of the last 4 NCs. This is a college football board. We don't give a shit about how our players play in the NFL because it doesn't change the fact that we won 3 of the last 4 NCs. So, stick that up your OU/NFL ass."

You are welcome.

It's not trolling if it's true.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't just discount RGIII and Sam Bradford is having a solid year despite a terrible line and no name wide receivers. Brandon Weeden is a starters as well as Andy Dalton.

Weeden is a starter because the starter got injured. He is absolutely horrible. Andy Dalton never played in the Big 12 so he doesn't count.

Bradford has a top 10 NFL draft WR and one of the most athletic TEs in the NFL. He hasn't done anything in the NFL and he was the #1 overall pick. Other conferences have at least a couple of QBs that are either very good or elite, the Big 12 has 1 borderline very good one with RG3.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...those lines at Alabama must be good.

Although I get why some would call this trolling.. I do think there is truth to the general point.

The offensive line of teams can make a RB looks better than they are... and simultaneously bad lines can ruin a good RB's career if he never gets a shot.

Look at Denver all those years... running backs were studs... then they get traded and you never hear shit from them again.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden is a starter because the starter got injured. He is absolutely horrible. Andy Dalton never played in the Big 12 so he doesn't count.

Bradford has a top 10 NFL draft WR and one of the most athletic TEs in the NFL. He hasn't done anything in the NFL and he was the #1 overall pick. Other conferences have at least a couple of QBs that are either very good or elite, the Big 12 has 1 borderline very good one with RG3.

The Rams are horrible and the tight end is average at best. I guess we could claim Blaine Gabbart too but I don't really want to....