• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No that we are pretty much halfway through (when you count conference championship games)...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts about who will be the Final Four playoff teams? What scenarios do you see playing out over the next 7 weeks?

Teams who are the front runners:

Georgia - I don't see a team on their schedule that can touch them. LSU or Bama are the only teams that may be able to knock them off
Michigan - It all comes down to the matchup in November.
Ohio State - It all comes down to the matchup in November.
Oklahoma - Oklahoma St and what could be a rematch with Texas are the biggest things standing in their way. I'm shaky on them though.
FSU - They fortunately won't see Louisville or UNC till the ACC championship game. Miami or Florida may give them a decent game.
Washington - They have a tough remaining schedule that could finish with a rematch against Oregon

Teams that have to win out to be in the playoffs:
Texas - Their only hope is to get back to a matchup with Oklahoma, beating Alabama is a big feather in the playoff hat and being a one loss conference champ should be enough
Alabama - It looks like their last two hurdles will be LSU and Georgia.
Oregon - They got a tough road ahead of them too, which could end up with a Washington rematch

Teams that I personally don't think stand a chance of a playoff spot:
Penn State - I think they are just a year too young. 10-2 is a great record with a team that will mostly be returning in 2024
Oregon St - I just don't see them beating Oregon and Washington in back to back weeks
Utah - They too have Oregon and Washington left to play and I don't see them winning either game, but if they lose just one, I think they are out.
Missouri - I think they get exposed against Georgia in their next game
UNC - I just don't see how they can recover from losing to Virginia
Louisville - I just don't see how they can recover from losing to Pitt

Thanks for playing, but even if undefeated, they don't deserve a spot:
Air Force
James Madison
Liberty

I can't get it down to 4 teams yet. I combined some of them to two teams in one spot because I think it will come down to the winner of their conference:

Georgia
Michigan
Ohio State
FSU
Texas/Oklahoma
Oregon/Washington
Bama (if they win the SEC)

I'm sure I missed a few, so let me know!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska. - wins out, beats Michigan in the rematch, becomes the first 3 loss team to make the playoffs.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss is an LSU win over Alabama next week (plausible result) from very quietly controlling its destiny afterwards.

I dont see them beating Georgia, but the pathways becomes extremely straightforward if LSU beat Bama.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprised no one has commented on a big scenario we haven't seen since 2006. It's possible OSU and mich. go into THE Game as 1 and 2........ very possible.

and if it's a close game till the end I could see both getting in the CFP.