• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams That Can Make the Playoff (11/6)

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon and Texas are already in front of Bama and Texas has the H2H. Georgia won't lose and stay in.
I'd say Michigan has one slot locked up. OU and UW winner has one slot locked up. Alabama and Georgia winner has one slot locked up. Then it's a horse race for the last spot. Here is my order for that last spot:

1. FSU if they win, then
2. Georgia, if they lose to Alabama
3.Texas, if they win
4. Ohio State

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Michigan has one slot locked up. OU and UW winner has one slot locked up. Alabama and Georgia winner has one slot locked up. Then it's a horse race for the last spot. Here is my order for that last spot:

1. FSU if they win, then
2. Georgia, if they lose to Alabama
3.Texas, if they win
4. Ohio State
Georgia losing to Bama is going to be below Bama. And Bama won't be higher than Texas. Pretty easy.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU isn't getting in, even if they win the ACC. They simply are no where near being the fourth best team. I'd predict:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Oregon
4. Texas
I agree that FSU isn't a top 4 team, but I can't imagine the committee keeping an undefeated power 5 conference champion outlined favor of a one loss team

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas won head to head in Tuscaloosa. It's not happening.
I really hope you're right! I would love to see the SEC get shut out of the playoffs for once. I just can't imagine the committee would be willing to do so, even if it is the easy call. Fingers crossed for Alabama!!

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope you're right! I would love to see the SEC get shut out of the playoffs for once. I just can't imagine the committee would be willing to do so, even if it is the easy call. Fingers crossed for Alabama!!
No one wants the Sec in because they can't beat 'em.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's all but cooked at this point. Here is your expected playoff seeding.

1. Georgia (win SEC)
2. Michigan (win B1G)
3. Washington (win Pac)
4. Oregon (win Pac)
5. FSU (win ACC)
6. Texas (win Big 12)

7. Bama (win SEC)
8. Georgia (lose SEC)
9. Michigan (lose B1G)
10 Ohio State
11. Washington (lose SEC)

I don't think it can mathematically go further than that. My money is on bolded.
you still like FSU over Bama?

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan
Texas
Alabama

#4 is a toss up if Florida State loses. Based on SOS, fan draw, past ranking, and personal bias, I say Ohio State.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the ESPN playoff predictor says with what happened today:

1701578920849.png

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it is obvious that FSU got stiffed because of one injury. I was watching so talking heads on ESPN. One made comment. Florida is out because committee thinks without the QB they are not one of the best teams. If that is the case the 4 teams in playoff might as well be announced at the start of the season.

Using the committee's concept that they want the best teams to play for the championship, then if Washington beats Texas in a close game but Pennix goes down to injury, should Texas go on the Championship game if he can't play? That would be in keeping the logic they used to stiff FSU.
After all, without Pennix, they could not beat Michigan nor Alabama.

But cutting to the chase, this was done to keep the SEC in final four. To do that, they were trapped. They could not put in Alabama without Texas (because of the head-to-head).
Bowing to the SEC alter is reason for this aberrant decision.
If Alabama or Texas wins it all and FSU wins its bowl game, there will be a 1 loss champion and zero loss power five champion, go figure.

From a public relations view, they better hope none of final four teams lose their QB during any upcoming practice. If that were to happen, there are not enough eggs in the world.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it is obvious that FSU got stiffed because of one injury. I was watching so talking heads on ESPN. One made comment. Florida is out because committee thinks without the QB they are not one of the best teams. If that is the case the 4 teams in playoff might as well be announced at the start of the season.

Using the committee's concept that they want the best teams to play for the championship, then if Washington beats Texas in a close game but Pennix goes down to injury, should Texas go on the Championship game if he can't play? That would be in keeping the logic they used to stiff FSU.
After all, without Pennix, they could not beat Michigan nor Alabama.

But cutting to the chase, this was done to keep the SEC in final four. To do that, they were trapped. They could not put in Alabama without Texas (because of the head-to-head).
Bowing to the SEC alter is reason for this aberrant decision.
If Alabama or Texas wins it all and FSU wins its bowl game, there will be a 1 loss champion and zero loss power five champion, go figure.

From a public relations view, they better hope none of final four teams lose their QB during any upcoming practice. If that were to happen, there are not enough eggs in the world.
I mean I know and have known that ESPN has their finger on the scale. But I never thought that the power brokers would be THIS obvious about rigging the system. CFB is now no better than professional wrestling. It was clearly set up to keep the SEC in play. And the fact that FSU dropped to below Bama but not to below Georgia is all the evidence you need. If FSU is that bad without their QB then they aren't a top 10 team. It's complete bullshit.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jawja would spank F State and Washington, and prolly beat Meeshigan.
Jawja got screwed, NOT F. State.