• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN front page story on Snyder and Goodell

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not shocked at the story to say the least, but surprised this was printed. Many posters here stated that Snyder was going to attempt to blackmail the league or threaten the owners. If these sources are valid (it appears many are unnamed). Here are my thoughts:

1. It makes sense that Snyder was behind the leak. He wanted to distract the NFL and media away from his actions, as such, he thought he could come off as the hero and savior of the NFL by exposing racism with Gruden. Racism or homophobia cannot be tolerated, but let's be clear, Snyder didn't leak the emails in the name of social justice. Gruden was a means to end and would be sacrificed so that Snyder could walk away clean.
2. If true, this does not paint Goodell in a good light. The theory that Goodell was intimidated by Snyder might actually be true. It does seem that Goodell did NOT fall for the phony act of repentance of Snyder and did not let him back in the owners meeting after the leak. The fact that the owners apparently didn't act on any of this until the end is sickening. It appears Goodell and his office lied and or kept the truth from some owners. If the "blackmail slide" story is true, I have lost all respect for the NFL...the little I had. I don't want to hear anymore cracks on Irsay...he was the only owner with guts here.
3. I will say it again and will take some heat on here, but if this was printed and no sale was finalized, I would be gone. You can call me weak or "not a true fan" like Dean has, but I could not support an organization with Snyder as the owner. We have lost fans for a number of reasons, but what Snyder has done cannot be overlooked. I don't care what Dean says about Snyder not being the reason for the fans not coming back and that we should "focus on what is on the field". That is not true at all. Ignoring the actions of the front office to make you feel better as a fan is irresponsible.
It is impossible to support a team and not support the owner in my opinion. It is not "our" team...it is a business and owned by the owner. We are simply fans or "fanatics" of that business. You have to take away emotion and look at it as a business. No other sports organization has had an owner like Snyder and hopefully, they won't. Snyder makes Stirling and Richardson look like boy scouts. Needless to say, I am ashamed of this organization.
4. Harris/Magic have a massive uphill climb and I hope they can do it. I think they should start from day 1 to clean up everything Snyder touched. That does include getting rid of Rivera and other front office leftovers from Snyder. We need a clean break and must sever ties that Snyder had. THis is much deeper than what our team does this year. Kinda reminds me of the Marshall football team the year after the plane crash. That is overkill but if this story is true....we have literally had the most corrupt organization in American pro sports history. I am cheering for Harris/Magic!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not shocked at the story to say the least, but surprised this was printed. Many posters here stated that Snyder was going to attempt to blackmail the league or threaten the owners. If these sources are valid (it appears many are unnamed). Here are my thoughts:

1. It makes sense that Snyder was behind the leak. He wanted to distract the NFL and media away from his actions, as such, he thought he could come off as the hero and savior of the NFL by exposing racism with Gruden. Racism or homophobia cannot be tolerated, but let's be clear, Snyder didn't leak the emails in the name of social justice. Gruden was a means to end and would be sacrificed so that Snyder could walk away clean.
2. If true, this does not paint Goodell in a good light. The theory that Goodell was intimidated by Snyder might actually be true. It does seem that Goodell did NOT fall for the phony act of repentance of Snyder and did not let him back in the owners meeting after the leak. The fact that the owners apparently didn't act on any of this until the end is sickening. It appears Goodell and his office lied and or kept the truth from some owners. If the "blackmail slide" story is true, I have lost all respect for the NFL...the little I had. I don't want to hear anymore cracks on Irsay...he was the only owner with guts here.
3. I will say it again and will take some heat on here, but if this was printed and no sale was finalized, I would be gone. You can call me weak or "not a true fan" like Dean has, but I could not support an organization with Snyder as the owner. We have lost fans for a number of reasons, but what Snyder has done cannot be overlooked. I don't care what Dean says about Snyder not being the reason for the fans not coming back and that we should "focus on what is on the field". That is not true at all. Ignoring the actions of the front office to make you feel better as a fan is irresponsible.
It is impossible to support a team and not support the owner in my opinion. It is not "our" team...it is a business and owned by the owner. We are simply fans or "fanatics" of that business. You have to take away emotion and look at it as a business. No other sports organization has had an owner like Snyder and hopefully, they won't. Snyder makes Stirling and Richardson look like boy scouts. Needless to say, I am ashamed of this organization.
4. Harris/Magic have a massive uphill climb and I hope they can do it. I think they should start from day 1 to clean up everything Snyder touched. That does include getting rid of Rivera and other front office leftovers from Snyder. We need a clean break and must sever ties that Snyder had. THis is much deeper than what our team does this year. Kinda reminds me of the Marshall football team the year after the plane crash. That is overkill but if this story is true....we have literally had the most corrupt organization in American pro sports history. I am cheering for Harris/Magic!
I just finished reading the article. There are few surprises to me. Snyder was assumed to be the leaker on the emails between Gruden and Allen.

From the beginning of the investigation into Snyder or at least when we knew they were not going to present Wilkerson's report you had to know Goodell, the league were in cover up mode.

Always wondered how DeMaurice Smith stayed head of the NFLPA so long. He rarely did right by the players..

Pretty glad JayZ is not part of the new group.

I hope Gruden keep rolling with his lawsuits ... Goodell needs to be gone. In the end you know they are all Richards.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This almost read like a scene from The Godfather. It was laughable at times.

I don't think Goodell and the owners are choir boys, but some of this stuff is insane. I still respect Irsay for standing up, but I don't understand why Davis did little to nothing.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This almost read like a scene from The Godfather. It was laughable at times.

I don't think Goodell and the owners are choir boys, but some of this stuff is insane. I still respect Irsay for standing up, but I don't understand why Davis did little to nothing.
Especially knowing how his father felt about the NFL.

LOL, yeah the NFL Godfather. It is the way rich powerful men do business, they lie, they cheat all while smiling and telling you all the good things they do.

I'd rather be honest or have someone be honest with me. If we disagree we can roll around on the ground for awhile until one gives. LOL Reminds me of a meme I saw a couple of years ago ... two old guys get in a fight ... one takes a swing at the other then falls on his ass and it goes on and on like that. Every time one of them would go on offense they would fall on their ass. Too funny.

I hope this last story leads to the end of Goodell being Commish. I don't like him, he is a liar from the get go. You have to wonder why the NFL ever voted Snyder in. He was this same dude when he was the head of Snyder Communications. Now it looks like Goodell helped keep him in power all along.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially knowing how his father felt about the NFL.

LOL, yeah the NFL Godfather. It is the way rich powerful men do business, they lie, they cheat all while smiling and telling you all the good things they do.

I'd rather be honest or have someone be honest with me. If we disagree we can roll around on the ground for awhile until one gives. LOL Reminds me of a meme I saw a couple of years ago ... two old guys get in a fight ... one takes a swing at the other then falls on his ass and it goes on and on like that. Every time one of them would go on offense they would fall on their ass. Too funny.

I hope this last story leads to the end of Goodell being Commish. I don't like him, he is a liar from the get go. You have to wonder why the NFL ever voted Snyder in. He was this same dude when he was the head of Snyder Communications. Now it looks like Goodell helped keep him in power all along.
Is this being picked up by major news outlets? Seems like the media and sports media protects the nfl, while the nfl protects snyder.

Make no mistake about it, snyder isn't leaving because of the women who were victimized, intimidated, and harassed: he is leaving because of money. Clearly the owners didn't care about the victims here and they only got involved after money issues came to a head.

What I dont get is how the owners, minus irsay it appears, just sat there and watched snyders goons give a blackmail slide presentation and they did nothing? You mean to tell me that nobody said...that's enough!

Something is not adding up. Again, these guys are not perfect, but being bullied by snyder makes no sense. 31 owners vs snyder doesn't seem like a fair fight to me...but apparently it was.

I am still not counting my chickens before they hatch on this and not celebrating until the ink is dry. The owners should have called a special meeting once the finances were cleared to be rid of snyder. Also, why did this expose get leaked now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when the name change thing came about i said here on this board that the new team had to EARN my fandom . and what i mean by that is the absolute passion i had for the team called the redskins . i also said that i couldnt become a passionate fan as long as snyder was the owner .

nothing has changed , they have to earn my fandom , and now i think we need another name change because this is a snyder BS name

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this being picked up by major news outlets? Seems like the media and sports media protects the nfl, while the nfl protects snyder.

Make no mistake about it, snyder isn't leaving because of the women who were victimized, intimidated, and harassed: he is leaving because of money. Clearly the owners didn't care about the victims here and they only got involved after money issues came to a head.

What I dont get is how the owners, minus irsay it appears, just sat there and watched snyders goons give a blackmail slide presentation and they did nothing? You mean to tell me that nobody said...that's enough!

Something is not adding up. Again, these guys are not perfect, but being bullied by snyder makes no sense. 31 owners vs snyder doesn't seem like a fair fight to me...but apparently it was.

I am still not counting my chickens before they hatch on this and not celebrating until the ink is dry. The owners should have called a special meeting once the finances were cleared to be rid of snyder. Also, why did this expose get leaked now.
I have the radio on, not the TV ... ESPN is big and I Googled it a couple of hours ago and other outlets are reporting it but of course they got scooped by Van Natta and Wickersham @ ESPN.

Agree, Snyder is not leaving because of sexual harassment.

My read on this is not that other owners just sat there initially but at this point you can draw up your best Godfather theories. I am sure they have plenty of stuff on Snyder. Congress was not going to let this sit, the Mary Jo White report hasn't come out, Dan is heavily leveraged and most of all he is not wanted. I think Dan in his usual manner tried to bully the other owners and since then all the things you are seeing is them responding. In my mind I am glad Dan pulled the power play, he might still be here otherwise. Who are the leakers? Other owners? Execs just below the owners? Clemenza might be in the back seat with piano wire.

Because Dan is the turd he has always been you are wise to wait until the deal is signed, not just voted on. Hard to answer why now ... do we ask ESPN now? The NFL?

I have to give Irsay credit for a set of balls.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Van Natta will be streaming with Craig Hoffman for two or three segments starting at 5:00.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
snyder is an asshole but so is gruden.snyder ruined the commanders.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think there was much in that article that was surprising.

Goodell is a sleazebag, so is Snyder, Davis is impotent, and Gruden was the stoolie.

I also hope Gruden gets Goodell fired, and after reading about Roc Nation’s involvement with Snyder, I’m glad Jay Z isnt part of this ownership group too.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think there was much in that article that was surprising.

Goodell is a sleazebag, so is Snyder, Davis is impotent, and Gruden was the stoolie.

I also hope Gruden gets Goodell fired, and after reading about Roc Nation’s involvement with Snyder, I’m glad Jay Z isnt part of this ownership group too.
The whole blackmail slide presentation does surprise me though. I didn't think snyder had the guts.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets hope that snyder is a former nfl owner by the next league meeting.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris is trash. A worthless **** that let the NBA walk all over Philadelphia's team while he did nothing.

Dan Snyder would have never allowed that. He would have told Adam Silver and Jerry Colangelo to go fuck themselves and then he would have leaked more Tim Donaghy info. Snyder has balls and Harris is a joke.

The grass is not greener.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris is trash. A worthless **** that let the NBA walk all over Philadelphia's team while he did nothing.

Dan Snyder would have never allowed that. He would have told Adam Silver and Jerry Colangelo to go fuck themselves and then he would have leaked more Tim Donaghy info. Snyder has balls and Harris is a joke.

The grass is not greener.
explain the NBA walk over thing

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
explain the NBA walk over thing
Adam Silver and Jerry Colangelo schemed to make his son Brian Colangelo the GM of the Sixers so he could ruin their chances to win during the Embiid/Process window.

Besides squandering assets, and making boneheaded trades, he had fake accounts on Twitter where he would talk shit on Joel Embiid. Lord knows what else he did that he got away with.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yikes
I am concerned and I agree with sportster.
It ain't over till it's over.

This is a big deal and you had to think snyder had 1 last card to play. He was never going to go quietly. I figured this thread would get more hits actually as this appears to be very real.

If the sale falls through and snyder keeps the team out of spite, I am gone.