• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richardson and Ingram are epic busts.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ss::boink:

:pop2:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden is a starter because the starter got injured. He is absolutely horrible. Andy Dalton never played in the Big 12 so he doesn't count.

Bradford has a top 10 NFL draft WR and one of the most athletic TEs in the NFL. He hasn't done anything in the NFL and he was the #1 overall pick. Other conferences have at least a couple of QBs that are either very good or elite, the Big 12 has 1 borderline very good one with RG3.

Tannehill is doing quite well. Bradford is more than held his own. There are very few conferences with elite QBs. Geno has actually been a positive surprise, though it is way too early to judge. I was laughing at your comment that Big 12 fans can not comment. The local high school here will have more starters this Sunday at QB than Ohio State, but you can comment and no Big 12 fan can.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to say Richardson is a bust. He did some good stuff in there tonight, and has a good skill set.

That being said, if I was an NFL GM, no way I'd take a RB at #3 overall. RBs are a dime-a-dozen, and it's more about getting two guys in your rotation who can learn and perform in your system.

The game has indeed changed. Big time, carry the load RB's are very, very rare. You need several on hand.

The game today is all about the QB. Basketball on grass is spreading. It's even encroaching into the SEC. What's next, look for Hell to start freezing.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just the Big12 when you're talking QB's PodSox. It's the state of Texas. Just look at how many QB's in the NFL are from Texas. Then look how many college QB's the past few years are from the state.

It has to do with 7 on 7. It has become a way of life in the state, for better or worse. It has effected the RB population, and how RB's are used.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill is doing quite well. Bradford is more than held his own. There are very few conferences with elite QBs. Geno has actually been a positive surprise, though it is way too early to judge. I was laughing at your comment that Big 12 fans can not comment. The local high school here will have more starters this Sunday at QB than Ohio State, but you can comment and no Big 12 fan can.

Meh, we've got one. QB hasn't been our thing. But the B1G overall has produced 2 of the 3 most elite QBs currently in the league. The Pac and SEC have produced elite QBs, and even the ACC has put in a few very good ones.

Tanny is doing fine but nothing amazing. Bradford has only "held his own" because the Rams can't give up on that huge of a financial investment. His career best season of 21 TD/13 INT isn't that becoming of a 4 year vet former #1 overall pick. 58:37 career TD:INT numbers are crap.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, we've got one. QB hasn't been our thing. But the B1G overall has produced 2 of the 3 most elite QBs currently in the league. The Pac and SEC have produced elite QBs, and even the ACC has put in a few very good ones.

Tanny is doing fine but nothing amazing. Bradford has only "held his own" because the Rams can't give up on that huge of a financial investment. His career best season of 21 TD/13 INT isn't that becoming of a 4 year vet former #1 overall pick. 58:37 career TD:INT numbers are crap.

13/3 so far this season.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometime it takes talent and time. Rams have time, but not a lot of offensive weapons. Big 10 QBs are retiring shortly, so don't get too excited. One barely played in the Big 10, he was a 3rd baseman's back-up. There are only 4 elite QBs Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Bree's, so i am not sure where you are going with this. Most of the Big 12 guys are under 4 yrs experience, way too early to make a call.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometime it takes talent and time. Rams have time, but not a lot of offensive weapons. Big 10 QBs are retiring shortly, so don't get too excited. One barely played in the Big 10, he was a 3rd baseman's back-up. There are only 4 elite QBs Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Bree's, so i am not sure where you are going with this. Most of the Big 12 guys are under 4 yrs experience, way too early to make a call.

Well, Brees and Brady are from the B1G. Wilson had by far his best season as a college QB at Wisconsin. You want to talk about lacking weapons? Look at what Pryor is dealing with.

I don't know why you Big 12 fans are getting upset that I'm calling out the poor quality of your QBs. No QB from any Big 12 team ever has won a SB. VY was an enormous bust, Bradford is bordering on bust status, and while I think RG3 is a good QB, he may end up having injuries derail his career. Point is, right now the Big 12 is very clearly the lowest rated Big 5 conference when it comes to producing NFL QBs. That was my original point.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Brees and Brady are from the B1G. Wilson had by far his best season as a college QB at Wisconsin. You want to talk about lacking weapons? Look at what Pryor is dealing with.

I don't know why you Big 12 fans are getting upset that I'm calling out the poor quality of your QBs. No QB from any Big 12 team ever has won a SB. VY was an enormous bust, Bradford is bordering on bust status, and while I think RG3 is a good QB, he may end up having injuries derail his career. Point is, right now the Big 12 is very clearly the lowest rated Big 5 conference when it comes to producing NFL QBs. That was my original point.

Claiming Wilson is a major stretch. Looking overvthe QBs of the last 5 yrs its hard to call the Big 12 a flop. When was the last successful Big 10 QB produced? 12-15 yrs ago? You are basing it on 2 QBs that are close to 40 yrs old. Basically a different era in college football

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread derailed, i win:lol:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fan of a Big 12 team can criticize nobody on producing QBs. There is nobody from a current Big 12 school worth a damn at the position outside of RG3.

A fan of tOSU can criticize no Big 12 fan who is criticizing anybody on producing QBs. tOSU has never produced a quality NFL QB and probably never will.

Just thought I would fire back, but really, Big 12 QB's haven't fared well in the NFL.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claiming Wilson is a major stretch. Looking overvthe QBs of the last 5 yrs its hard to call the Big 12 a flop. When was the last successful Big 10 QB produced? 12-15 yrs ago? You are basing it on 2 QBs that are close to 40 yrs old. Basically a different era in college football

Brees and Brady are still orders of magnitude better than anyone from the Big 12. Wilson didn't truly break out until he got to Wisconsin and actually got some decent position coaching and had some weapons.

Hell, Chad Henne has been more productive than the likes of VY, Gabbert, and Weeden.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fan of tOSU can criticize no Big 12 fan who is criticizing anybody on producing QBs. tOSU has never produced a quality NFL QB and probably never will.

Just thought I would fire back, but really, Big 12 QB's haven't fared well in the NFL.

:bawling:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees and Brady are still orders of magnitude better than anyone from the Big 12. Wilson didn't truly break out until he got to Wisconsin and actually got some decent position coaching and had some weapons.

Seems like a bit of a stretch since he led the ACC in passing in 2010 and has 8500 career passing yards there. How many other QB's has Wisconsin got playing in the NFL?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, Chad Henne has been more productive than the likes of VY, Gabbert, and Weeden.

let me know when Henne gets to the playoffs or a Pro Boel. Peopke forget that VY had some solid yrs and then an amazing fall from grace. Henne has never been much of anything. Weeden and Gabbert are 2nd yr players. Gabbert likely a disaster, but way too early to judge

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a bit of a stretch since he led the ACC in passing in 2010 and has 8500 career passing yards there. How many other QB's has Wisconsin got playing in the NFL?

And people hardly knew who he was. There's a reason he didn't set the all-time QB rating record until he got to Wisconsin. When you have talent around you, it makes a huge difference.

let me know when Henne gets to the playoffs or a Pro Boel. Peopke forget that VY had some solid yrs and then an amazing fall from grace. Henne has never been much of anything. Weeden and Gabbert are 2nd yr players. Gabbert likely a disaster, but way too early to judge

Dude anyone who isn't a UT homer knows Tennessee got to the playoffs despite VY. They won so many games that year despite the fact that VY played like complete and total shit. He rode his college reputation to the ROY over more deserving players like Colston and MJD. He was a Pro Bowl alternate, and in 09 it was only because 2 other QBs turned down the option. That doesn't mean shit. Hell, Derek Anderson was a Pro Bowl alternate and he's fucking horrible. Right now, there's no second that Henne would start on every team in the league over VY. Hell, VY is having to take to Twitter to try and find a job while Henne is starting and actually looking fairly decent, much better than Gabbert has, and I'd easily take Henne over Weeden as a Browns fan.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IN ALL YOU FACES!
1033detroit-lions-joey-harrington-posters.jpg

EAT THAT!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And people hardly knew who he was. There's a reason he didn't set the all-time QB rating record until he got to Wisconsin. When you have talent around you, it makes a huge difference.

What in the WORLD are you talking about?? Plenty of people knew who Russell Wilson was. Just because you may not have recongized how tallented he was, doesn't mean others didn't. After his sophomore year (where he threw 60% and for over 3000 yards) the media was saying he could go pro in football or baseball.

He threw 58% for almost 3600 yards at NCST as a jr, while still playing baseball.

You're correlating his improvement to Wisconsin when, yes, they may have had better WR, but in reality, it's much more likely that not playing baseball in the offseason and totally focusing on football, as well as the basic college maturation process is what lead to his SR year stats.

Wisconsin by no means made Russell Wilson. He was a pro caliber qb the whole time he was at NCST.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the 'real QB coaching' at Wisconsin?? RW was a pro qb regardless of whether he went to Wisconsin for a season or not. How many current starting QBs in the NFL has Wisconsin developed? NCST has 3.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the WORLD are you talking about?? Plenty of people knew who Russell Wilson was. Just because you may not have recongized how tallented he was, doesn't mean others didn't. After his sophomore year (where he threw 60% and for over 3000 yards) the media was saying he could go pro in football or baseball.

He threw 58% for almost 3600 yards at NCST as a jr, while still playing baseball.

You're correlating his improvement to Wisconsin when, yes, they may have had better WR, but in reality, it's much more likely that not playing baseball in the offseason and totally focusing on football, as well as the basic college maturation process is what lead to his SR year stats.

Wisconsin by no means made Russell Wilson. He was a pro caliber qb the whole time he was at NCST.

I knew who he was. I remember his INT-free streak. I also remember many folks saying that, while he was a good college QB, he may not be able to actually make it in the pros due to his size and that baseball would be his better path. That was pretty much what he was known for. When he came to Wisconsin, he got to play on the big stage and really move his game up. He showed he could play behind an NFL-caliber offensive line and play well vs. better teams. I'm certainly not saying he wasn't good at NC State, but he took the next step when he got to Wisconsin. That's all I'm saying.