• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's 1st Eagles Mock Off Season & Draft (4 Rnds)

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care who you draft. He isnt a sure thing. You dont cut/trade Shady until you know you have replaced him.

Earliest you could do it is next offseason AFTER picking a RB fairly high in this years draft. That way you get to see him for a year. Even then its pretty risky.

Again..you guys all forgetting Donald Brown, Beanie Wells, Shonn Greene etc.?

Chips system is good but it isnt good enough to make crap players really good. No system is.
Swat there is NO Fuckin Way on this planet the Eagles are paying him 12 Million this year! It's not gonna happen. So unless Shady will take a HUGE pay cut 1 of 2 things is gonna happen, and neither one is gonna make you happy bro.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swat there is NO Fuckin Way on this planet the Eagles are paying him 12 Million this year! It's not gonna happen. So unless Shady will take a HUGE pay cut 1 of 2 things is gonna happen, and neither one is gonna make you happy bro.

They arent paying him 12m now. He is due 9.75m. His cap hit is 12m because SB proration. All he has to do is restructure. Thats it. No need to take a paycut & he shouldnt have to. They signed him to the deal and he is doing his part.

We'll see how it goes.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAZ I think any good rb can run for 1500 in Chips system, it needs to be more than that, the guy needs to be able to block, catch and run away from people and Go Beast Mode when needed not get tackled by their shoelaces.

Here is one of my favorite backs in this draft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp4z48CtCfU
He can juke, he can fly, he can catch and he can flat out run people the Fuck over! We could draft a kid like that in rd 3 and pay him 400K a year for the next 4 years.

Couldn't agree more ... Lane is a good one. This is one of the best RB classes I've seen in a while. RB isn't a position where players need seasoning. It's about opportunity, decent QB play and solid blocking. If a rookie has those he can certainly thrive in a committee approach like we would have here.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They arent paying him 12m now. He is due 9.75m. His cap hit is 12m because SB proration. All he has to do is restructure. Thats it. No need to take a paycut & he shouldnt have to. They signed him to the deal and he is doing his part.

We'll see how it goes.

Restructuring only means more future "guaranteed" money tied up ... it's a short term band aid that increases the problem in the future.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice write up bud, i just see alot of mocks with guys you have in round 3 kevin johsnon going round 1, and others going MUCH higher

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings and Rey are you trading/cutting McCoy for performance reasons or for salary?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings and Rey are you trading/cutting McCoy for performance reasons or for salary?

His Cap figure does not match his role on the team or his production. Polk is in line to become the short yardage / goal line Back as well as see an uptick in carries; Sproles returns as the 3rd down Back. Shady's roll has become the 1st and 2nd down back ... his roll is to consistently pick up positive yards to keep us away from 3rd and longs. That role doesn't need a player to take up as much of the cap as Shady's cap figure does. Now, if Shady was a hard, between the tackles runner who you can count on in short yardage situations "aside" from being a big play runner ... then by all means, take up that cap space. But Shady taking up the cap space when he's a 2 down roll player who averaged slightly over 4 per carry despite rarely getting the ball in short yardage situations ... it doesn't make much sense.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Deano you have a serious man crush on Tucker....:lol:

I'd love to see what he can do. The guy performed big time every chance he got.

And lets be clear, you are the undisputed King of Man Crushes on this board. Draft is coming up.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent the whole year yelling at him to just hit the hole. If he does not take a team friendly contract I have no problem moving him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have 4 Super Bowls and rotate Backs on a yearly basis. Every year they have 2 or 3 Backs, go with the hot hand at the time and have specialty roles.

The Patriots have this guy named Tom Brady playing QB. He's pretty good. Maybe you've heard of him.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Cap figure does not match his role on the team or his production. Polk is in line to become the short yardage / goal line Back as well as see an uptick in carries; Sproles returns as the 3rd down Back. Shady's roll has become the 1st and 2nd down back ... his roll is to consistently pick up positive yards to keep us away from 3rd and longs. That role doesn't need a player to take up as much of the cap as Shady's cap figure does. Now, if Shady was a hard, between the tackles runner who you can count on in short yardage situations "aside" from being a big play runner ... then by all means, take up that cap space. But Shady taking up the cap space when he's a 2 down roll player who averaged slightly over 4 per carry despite rarely getting the ball in short yardage situations ... it doesn't make much sense.

So football reasons it is. I am and have been on board with moving on from shady but the caveat is if it creates another hole and the money is not used like the DeSean Jackson situtation then I would just as soon keep him. Now if we are replacing him with a rotation of Sproles, Polk and a solid rookie running back and using the money to re sign Maclin, Cox and Kendricks then I am fine with that, but if you are cutting him just to save the money and are not going to use it then why bother, just cut back his snaps and use the other backs more.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So football reasons it is. I am and have been on board with moving on from shady but the caveat is if it creates another hole and the money is not used like the DeSean Jackson situtation then I would just as soon keep him. Now if we are replacing him with a rotation of Sproles, Polk and a solid rookie running back and using the money to re sign Maclin, Cox and Kendricks then I am fine with that, but if you are cutting him just to save the money and are not going to use it then why bother, just cut back his snaps and use the other backs more.

Yeah, I'm not advocating trading him for the owners to pocket the money ... you trade him to improve your football team overall by using that cap space to sign your own and other free agents; especially on the defensive side. You also don't just ask Polk to carry the mail on his own ... you draft a Back within the first 4 rounds of this deep draft class and you split carries with Polk and Sproles.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sooner trade Shady, save all that money and throw that money into fixing our Defense. We can draft a Rb and let Barner, Tucker and the rookie and an undrafted rookie FA or 2 battle it out in camp for Shadys spot.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have this guy named Tom Brady playing QB. He's pretty good. Maybe you've heard of him.

I won't disagree you need top QB play to win a Super Bowl, just don't need a great RB (not that I think Shady is a "great" RB anyhoo). Good QB play, a very good Defense, a top OL ... when you have that, all you need is a "solid" running game and I think we can have that without Shady.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to be surprised if McCoy is a goner this off-season….and I personally wouldn't have much of a problem with that. RBs are a dime a dozen and McCoy's play fell off this past year. Yes we had o-line issues, but McCoy rarely hits the hole hard, nor does he grind out the much needed tough yards. Having an offense that too often get into 2nd/3rd and longs won't be very consistent. McCoy's contract is huge at a position that is rapidly decreasing in value. We will need the cap space to resign Maclin and give out extensions to players like Cox and Kendricks. We also need money to go after other free agents -- that thing called defense, which we're all dying for. We need two starting CBs and a starting SS. Getting a player like Jason Worilds would also be great for our defense, especially with Graham possibly out the door to a 4-3 team. McCoy should take a pay cut, but he won't and that might be the end of his being an Eagle. McCoy was one of my favorite prospects and gave us a few spectacular seasons. While he's not the same back he used to be, he's still a nice RB, but not 9-12mill nice. There's very few RBs in the league that are worth that money. McCoy is not one of them.

RBs have a short shelf life -- If we can trade him and get a mid round pick I'm all over it.

Love me some Duke Johnson. Overall this is a very good draft to get a RB as well.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't disagree you need top QB play to win a Super Bowl, just don't need a great RB (not that I think Shady is a "great" RB anyhoo). Good QB play, a very good Defense, a top OL ... when you have that, all you need is a "solid" running game and I think we can have that without Shady.

All I'm saying is the Patriots are a pretty irrelevant example. They can run, because they blow teams out and their short passing game is amazing.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that if you have very good QB play and a solid Defense ... you can win a Super Bowl. Also, as long as you have a good OL, you can have a successful running game. You simply don't need to pay a RB 10 mil a year unless he's top notch in "every" aspect of the game which Shady isn't. Now, if we can get all those free agents like I had in my mock as well as resign our own guys and be able to afford Shady? Then by all means ... but from what I can calculate, we would need that cap space to help afford those "other" team's free agents.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have some sort of salary cap related sickness. I have no idea why you aren't able to fit Shady under the cap as is so easily done. You gotta get Wings to pay you back that money for his math tutoring.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have some sort of salary cap related sickness. I have no idea why you aren't able to fit Shady under the cap as is so easily done. You gotta get Wings to pay you back that money for his math tutoring.

Clearly it is you that can't compute that a 2 down back is not worth 9.75 million or 12 mill against the cap. This is not rocket science. Lesean McCoy does not block, he has no power, and he runs all to often east and west and that drives Chip fuckin insane! So you stay in denial, while some of us who see the NFL for what it is now, and Rb's are a dime a dozen. I don't care if you zig zag,juke, dipsy do, whatever 4.1 yards a carry is 4.1 yards a carry and in Chips system that is weak! We can pay a young rb 400K a year and use Mccoys cap money to sign possibly 2 huge impact free agents, or lock up other soon to be free agents like Cox who will be free agent next year.