• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's 1st Eagles Mock Off Season & Draft (4 Rnds)

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was frustrating at times but after all was said and done, he was the third most productive back in the league. We don't have many players who were third best in the league at their position.

I need a believable replacement before I get rid of that.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was frustrating at times but after all was said and done, he was the third most productive back in the league. We don't have many players who were third best in the league at their position.

I need a believable replacement before I get rid of that.

Productive is a relative term ... the plus side is his total rushing yards, but then again when you get the 2nd most carries in the league, a good amount of total yards is to be expected. But let's look at yards per carry? 4.2 is very average ... especially when Chip rarely gave him carries in short yardage situations. His 5 rushing TD's is a below average ratio for as many carries as he was given. At this point in his career Shady has lost a step and he wasn't the fastest Back to begin with. RB is a position where fresh legs are a must and even though Shady is young in age, he has some mileage in those legs.

The big thing however is the usage in Chip's system. When the coach takes you out in short yardage or goal line situations on top of taking you out on 3rd downs ... are you really worth a 10+ million cap hit? In the end it doesn't matter what myself or Wings thinks about the situation ... Chip's actions speak louder than any words I can type here. Towards the end of the year Chip began to lean more on Polk in short yardage and Red Zone (will probably carry into this season). He leaned all year on Sproles in 3rd downs and even Red Zone over Shady. So while Shady is a solid Back, why use 12 mil in cap space for a 2 down guy who's showing signs of slowing down?

And even though we can fit Shady under the cap ... we sure as heck could use an extra 10 mil or so in cap space to snag the bigger free agents in my Mock example ... not to mention Maclin is going to cost a bunch, we have Cox, Kendricks and Boykin whom we can use some of that money to extend. Foles, should he have a good year will cost a bunch. We don't have an endless supply of cap space and we have a good deal of positions to fill.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we sure as heck could use an extra 10 mil or so in cap space to snag the bigger free agents in my Mock example

You act as if they will use that extra 10 million for something.

You are familiar with this team and realize they can have 50 million under the cap and will just carry it over correct?

They ALWAYS forward money. Enough of the "we could use the money to sign so and so bullshit" cause this team can ALWAYS sign who they want.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my Mock example is contingent on using that money to sign guys ... if not then I would just keep Shady. This is all hypothetical anyhoo trying to stir up a dead board a bit till the Combine rolls around :)

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it. This board IS dead.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it. This board IS dead.

Not much to talk about right now. The draft is in almost 3 months, no playoffs, and no Desean doing stupid stuff to give us something to talk about.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I've been watching a ton of vid this morning on MLB'ers and I revise my opinion on which MLB I would take first. Even though McKinney has the look and the tools to be a beast, he still has a ways to go for his actual game play to match his physical tools. When he plays decisive he's a 6'4" 250 plus pound heat seeking missile who will lay ball carriers out. But he's too indecisive which causes too much hesitation ... also his quickness to change direction isn't that great. My rating on him has changed from the 20's to early 2nd round. Not that I've soured on him as I think he still has the potential, but at 20 I would like more of a plug and play starter. Which brings me to Mr Perryman ... the more I watch the more I want this cat in Eagle Green. Is he worth the 20th pick in the draft? I don't see anyone ranking him that high ... but I would be just fine with it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that there are several ILBs available throughout the draft, so if Chip signs a vet FA ILB, and then drafts a development guy in the later rounds, I'm fine with that. Here are some names to consider later on:
Stephone Anthony, Ga.
Max Valles, Va.
A.J. Tarpley, Stan.

I think Perryman is a solid 2nd round pick. McKinney - a late 1st rd pick; Eric Kendricks - 2nd rd.; Paul Dawson - 2nd rd.; Trey DePriest - 3rd/4th; and several other mid/late rd picks.

My opinion.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I've been watching a ton of vid this morning on MLB'ers and I revise my opinion on which MLB I would take first. Even though McKinney has the look and the tools to be a beast, he still has a ways to go for his actual game play to match his physical tools. When he plays decisive he's a 6'4" 250 plus pound heat seeking missile who will lay ball carriers out. But he's too indecisive which causes too much hesitation ... also his quickness to change direction isn't that great. My rating on him has changed from the 20's to early 2nd round. Not that I've soured on him as I think he still has the potential, but at 20 I would like more of a plug and play starter. Which brings me to Mr Perryman ... the more I watch the more I want this cat in Eagle Green. Is he worth the 20th pick in the draft? I don't see anyone ranking him that high ... but I would be just fine with it.
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...2662-2014-15-college-eagles-draft-talk-3.html

He was my first rd pick back in September....Love Perryman.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that there are several ILBs available throughout the draft, so if Chip signs a vet FA ILB, and then drafts a development guy in the later rounds, I'm fine with that. Here are some names to consider later on:
Stephone Anthony, Ga.
Max Valles, Va.
A.J. Tarpley, Stan.

I think Perryman is a solid 2nd round pick. McKinney - a late 1st rd pick; Eric Kendricks - 2nd rd.; Paul Dawson - 2nd rd.; Trey DePriest - 3rd/4th; and several other mid/late rd picks.

My opinion.
This is why we have to wait and see what happens during free agency before we go trying to do mocks.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why we have to wait and see what happens during free agency before we go trying to do mocks.

I know, but I am an old man, and free agency and the draft are what I live for until TC. I have very little interest in baseball, especially with the Phils, and all, so I wait for the next Sixers draft, and hope they can stop tanking, and then wait again until late July for the Birds and Penn State.

Bored.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wingman, do you consider Perryman good enough to take with the 20th pick in the draft? After watching the film on him I highly doubt he makes it to our pick in Rd 2.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ILB is not our major need. That first pick needs to plug a hole. IMO, it's gotta be a DB.

I'll take Kendricks in round two.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't force the issue by drafting for need. We've been down this road before, even with last year's 1st rd pick - Smith. No, we have to solve the DBs in free agency, then take the BPA in the 1st. It would be great if the BPA equals our need, but we still can't force it. Maybe we go OL in the first, especially if Scherff is still there. So many mocks have him going in the top 10, but you never know.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ILB is not our major need. .

Say what???!!!!! ILB is absolutely a major need! Ryan's was just about cooked before his major injury!!! We absolutely need to draft ILB early in this draft!

Rey to answer your question I think the combine will answer that. I rarely think the combine helps decide on a player, but with Perryman I think the 10 and 20 yard shuttle will tell a lot as well as the position drills. They will tell us if he can play ILB in a 3-4 or he is a 2 down 4-3 Mlb. Same thing with Kendricks who I think maybe to slow to play ILB in a 3-4. We will see.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of some Hurricanes- Perryman, Duke Johnson, Phillip Dorsett. I love the downhill speed and aggression Perryman brings, but at times his aggression causes him to whiff on tackles - he'll have to clean that up.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the Combine will be important for Perryman ... if he shows well in the agility drills and runs a solid time ... his chances of going at the tail end of Rd 1 increase. I love his range, tenacity and recognition skills. It seems he's always in the right place at the right time ... that shows me instincts.

As far as CB in Rd 1 ... I wouldn't force it if it isn't there. I see only two Corners with 1st Rd grades who fit our scheme (Waynes and Peters). One I see very likely to be gone by our pick (Waynes) and the other even though a better player imo (Peters) has a few attitude questions he needs to answer and may not even be on the Eagles board as an option in Rd 1. I think the Eagles address CB in free agency though and eliminate that immediate need to fill CB through the draft.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Chip bankrupts the # of picks in order to move up for MM, I think he will still draft at least 1 S and 1 CB at least later in the draft. But, yes, we need to get the secondary fixed in free agency so we can draft the BPAs.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perryman is who Ive wanted. Hopefully we can get him in rd. 2. Dude is a beast. He is high on my target list.

I remember wanting Ray LEwis back in the day. Reminds me of him a bit. Imagine Perryman paired with Kendricks. Could be best tandem in NFL.

Bring in a vet CB like Maxwell, maybe S Rolle, draft another CB like IFO or Shaw etc. & we are in business on Defense.

Marcus SMith has to develop though. Need a pass rush too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greenbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help I can't start a post or access my user CP keep getting a message that says I don't have permission