• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's 1st Eagles Mock Off Season & Draft (4 Rnds)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuts
Todd Herremans (Save around 2.8 mil)
Cary Williams (Save around 6.5 mil)
Demeco Ryans (Save 6.9 mil)
Trent Cole (Save around 8.4 mil)
Total: around 24.6 mil saved

Trade:
LeSean McCoy to Buffalo Bills
* The Eagles receive the Bills 3rd round pick. Rex Ryan already has a good defense and is likely going to go ground and pound for his Offense. McCoy will become his primary option; Fred Jackson at 34 years old will probably be cut and always injured free agent CJ Spiller is likely gone. Anthony Dixon and Bryce Brown will spell Shady. As for the Eagles, trading McCoy frees up over 10 Mil in cap space … you combine that with the 24.6 mil you free up in cuts and we would be in excellent cap space to sign free agents. The trade also frees up future money for guys like Fletcher Cox and Mychal Kendricks who are free agents after the 2015 season.

Own Free Agents Re-signed
Jeremy Maclin (5 years, 50 Mil, 11 Mil SB, 28 Mil Guaranteed)
Casey Matthews (cheap back up)
Cedric Thornton (restricted tender)
Chris Polk (restricted tender)

Free Agency

Byron Maxwell CB
  • I would overpay if need be to bring Maxwell in. Our front 7 is good enough to make the grade, but our 2ndary as everyone is aware was just putrid. Our Defensive scheme needs the Corners to play single man quite often and Maxwell can do that much better than anyone we had this past season. He's in his prime and ready to be a team's #1.
    Terms: 5 years 42 Mil, 8 Mil SB, 20 Mil Guaranteed.

Da'Norris Searcy S
  • This is just a good all around Safety who can play either Free or Strong. Very under rated, gave up only one catch per 43 snaps and zero TD's this past season even though he's considered better in the box. He's 26 and just hitting his prime … he and Malcolm Jenkins would be a solid duo. Unlike Maxwell, he can be had for a reasonable contract.
    Terms: 4 years 18 Mil 4 Mil SB, 8.5 Mil Guaranteed
Jason Worilds OLB
  • Rumor is that Worilds would have been an Eagle last year if not for being tagged. With Cole being cut and Graham a free agent, it's the perfect time to bring in Worilds who not only brings pass rush ability, but an upgrade in coverage opposite Conner Barwin. He won't come cheap, but they get a stud about to hit his prime who's a perfect fit for what we need.
    Terms: 5 years 48 Mil 12 Mil SB 25 Mil Guaranteed

Tramon Williams CB
  • While the Packers would like to have Williams back, they are likely to resign fellow free agent Davon House as he's only 25 as opposed to Williams who will be 32 to start the following season. Williams still has a couple of good years left in him though and should step right in and start opposite Maxwell.
    Terms: 2 years 8 Mil 2 Mil SB

Other notes:
1.Mark Sanchez: While I think Chip would like to keep him as the vet back up, I think someone out there may pay him more to be a stop gap type starter.
2.Brandon Graham: If we can't sign Worilds then the Birds will likely bring him back, but I think we get Worilds.

Draft

Rd 1: Benardrick McKinney ILB
  • McKinney steps into Demeco Ryans' vacated spot next to Kendricks as the starter. A huge, athletic player with speed (6'4” 250 lbs 4.6 speed)… McKinney has the tools to become a top notch starter. He is a little rough around the edges with technique, but that can be worked on. He's a thumper in the run game which was what we lose in Demeco.
Rd 2: Tre Jackson OT/OG
  • Jackson will move inside one spot from his RT position at FSU and immediately start for us at RG. Athletic with good power and NFL ready. RG is the current weak link on the OL; no excuses for Nick Foles this year … it's put up time.

Rd 3 (from Buffalo for McCoy): Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest
  • Long, athletic and reads QB's very well. I think the reason he doesn't get talked up more is because he's light at 175 to 180, but he's a very willing tackler who isn't afraid to lower the shoulder. What we need are good Cover Corners who can man up on an island and I think Johnson can develop well in that area. He will be groomed behind Tramon Williams.

Rd 3: Phillip Dorsett WR
  • Dorsett provides the much needed deep threat we lost when Djax flew the coop. Maclin and a 2nd year Matthews provide a very good 1-2 punch, but having that speed threat gives the Backs and TE's a bit more room to work with Safety's being more cautious about sneaking up on the LOS. Riley Cooper will eventually be phased out and Josh Huff needs to show more than he did as a rookie to see snaps aside from special teams.

Rd 4 (from Buffalo for B Brown): David Cobb RB
  • Cobb is a no nonsense type runner who can get the job done between the tackles. Very hard to bring down with excellent balance and also has good hands out of the backfield. He played behind a bad OL in Minnesota yet averaged over 5 yards per carry the past 2 years. He and Polk will handle most of the work with Sproles returning in his 3rd down role.
    Note: It's a deep and good RB class, if Cobb is gone at this point there are other like David Johnson, Jeremy Langford or Mike Davis who also project to go around this area.

Rd 4: Blake Sims QB
  • While I don't think Sims is the next coming of Russell Wilson, I do think a kid like Sims could do well in Chips system. He's raw, but he has good wheels and a good arm. I think Sims is a guy Chip can mold in his system and bring around slowly. He'll be the #3 behind Matt Barkley whom I'm hoping is ready to step up to the Primary backup behind Foles.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the focus on defense. However I cannot give away McCoy for a 3rd rounder. I know some will argue that we won't get much more than that but LeSean isn't some scrub that any team could snag in the middle rounds. I do not see the Eagles making this type of move unless it benefits them greatly.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shady has already said that while he's fine with a restructure, he's not taking a pay cut. I don't think Chip wants the RB position taking up so much cap space ... especially when he likes to divide roles. I see Polk's role increasing in 2015 as he showed he's a good short yardage / between the tackles option. Sproles returns as the 3rd down guy and averaged 5.8 per carry. What Shady gave this team last year was solid, but not irreplaceable. I think Polk getting more carries and a rookie like Cobb can do the job while saving a ton to help with adding free agents ... that savings to help add guys like Maxwell and Worilds is the big benefit.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, i like your ideas very much, although I agree with Los Eagles about Shady. If we get a 3rd, with potential to become a 2nd, or plus a 4th next year, then I'm OK. It is a risk though, to count on a rookie RB paired with a small all-purpose RB, and an injury-proned RB, to replace the phenomonal stats of Shady. I like the ideas, but the RB situation does cause me some concern, with the heavy load of the running game that Chip utilizes. I love McKinney as the 1st pick, and you have covered the secondary needs in free agency. Instead of Williams, I would rather have Kareem Jackson though. And instead of Blake Sims, I would rather draft Grayson or Bennett to groom behind of Foles.
Great work.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think McCoy has more value than a 3rd. No problem trading him but not for a 3rd.
I think the Eagles and Cole will work out a deal for him to play another year.
Can't argue with your FA signings, all are good moves except Williams and the immediate need for quality OL depth and youth.
As far as the draft goes I'm still in research mode although I like Cobb and Jackson.
I'm not sure Maclin would get $10M per for 5 years.
I'm OK with your cuts except Cole.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a "per carry" basis Shady was just average ... yards per carry were very average considering he's not a guy who's given many short yardage carries between the tackles. He also only scored 5 times despite getting the 2nd most carries behind Demarco Murray. Sproles had more rushing TD's. As far as trade value goes ... maybe we can get a 2nd, but RB's are so easy to find and replace that not many teams are going to give up a ton in trade "and" pay a high salary. Heck, look at the Patriots ... picked up somebody's backup who was let go, plugged him in and he got them to the Super Bowl.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 4 round mock right now would go something like this:
1. McKinney
2. Q. Rollins
3. Phillip Dorsett
4. Donovan Smith
4. Adrian Amos

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't complain too much about this one. Shady probably is only worth a 3rd at his contract. My only complaint and its a slight one is who else was available at 20 if Waynes is there I would go in that direction and look at Josh Hull in the 4th or 5th round. Just me though. Also Sims I don't think will be a qb in the pros he looks like a RB to me.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taz, if we get the secondary solved in FA, Rey has hit it on the head with McKinney. He's the perfect compliment to Kendricks, and I think he'll be a beast. If we don't get him in the first, then I want Perryman in the 2nd/3rd. He's not big like McKinney, but is a real good tackler. McKinney is the whole package, IMO.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan at all. I'd actually be fuming if we did this. QB & RB positions are worse.

Can't see Chip cutting all those guys. I think Cole & Ryans are back at reduced rates.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taz, if we get the secondary solved in FA, Rey has hit it on the head with McKinney. He's the perfect compliment to Kendricks, and I think he'll be a beast. If we don't get him in the first, then I want Perryman in the 2nd/3rd. He's not big like McKinney, but is a real good tackler. McKinney is the whole package, IMO.

That would be a mistake to think its solved in free agency. Williams is older what happens if he gets hurt? Like I said it's hard to dispute what Rey did and I would be dancing the jig if this all went down. But I want Conner fixed once and for all

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it Rey! The only thing I was not a fan of was Tramon Williams. I mentioned in another thread awhile back i'd love to see Davon House, however if they decide to Keep House over Williams then I'd sign Chris Culliver or Walter Thurmond both are under 28 years old. I love the Mccoy trade and I absolutely see something like that happening.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it Rey! The only thing I was not a fan of was Tramon Williams. I mentioned in another thread awhile back i'd love to see Davon House, however if they decide to Keep House over Williams then I'd sign Chris Culliver or Walter Thurmond both are under 28 years old. I love the Mccoy trade and I absolutely see something like that happening.

I'd take Culliver over Williams as well, but I think he will get much more than what Williams will cost. Walter Thurmond is a decent option though if available.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culliver has huge character risks. Wont be seeing him as an Eagle.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy as hell if we added that much Defensive talent to this D. That would be unfuckin real.

I also don't like Shady for a 3rd. Thats basically giving him away.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still trying to figure out why some of you are so hell bent on making making major changes to the offense. This team was an average secondary from playing for home field advantage. The Eagles had one one of the best offenses in the NFL and you want to get rid of one of it's best offensive players? Makes no sense.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still trying to figure out why some of you are so hell bent on making making major changes to the offense. This team was an average secondary from playing for home field advantage. The Eagles had one one of the best offenses in the NFL and you want to get rid of one of it's best offensive players? Makes no sense.

PG,
I don't look at trading McCoy as a bad thing, since his career is not on the upswing. Let's get something good for him while we still can. With that in mind, I don't want to give him up for just a 3rd round pick either. As long as we replace him with a young stud RB, which is vital in Chip's offense, then I'm OK with it, as it will give us more picks to work with. That's my take anyway.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why spend the #4 on a RB when his description sounds just like Tucker who is already on you PS? That said, I give Pllk an increased role, but with his injury record, theres no way I expect him to start all season. Better get a RB earlier if you get rid of Shady.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG,
I don't look at trading McCoy as a bad thing, since his career is not on the upswing. Let's get something good for him while we still can. With that in mind, I don't want to give him up for just a 3rd round pick either. As long as we replace him with a young stud RB, which is vital in Chip's offense, then I'm OK with it, as it will give us more picks to work with. That's my take anyway.

Ditto.:agree:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG,

Who do you replace him with? That is my thing. Defenses game planned to stop McCoy and he was still 3rd in the NFL in rushing. He may not be on the upswing but he is still the type of player that teams fear and try to stop. Trading the #3 rusher in the NFL for a 3rd round pick because he is not on the upswing is not a smart football decision. He is not my favorite player and IMO he is a complete ass but he is still a very good RB. If we do not have a replacement for him on the team is makes no sense to trade him. It is basically creating a new need on the team even though we have more glaring issues.