• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL- Who would you start week 1?

Who would you start week 1

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) Cant wait to see the comments after Rams game if Sanchez plays well and the other two suck it up. Will be entertaining for sure.

That's just it though as it seems like our opinion of who should start could be changing weekly. These guys have such a small window to impress that one great play or one terrible play completely change how a player looks. If Siemian doesn't throw that interception he is looking like the clear starter for week 1 with his very accurate short passing game. If Sanchez doesn't fumble then he looks like the guy who can push the ball down the field and really back off the defense a bit. If Lynch doesn't throw that last second interception and maybe leads the team to a game tying touchdown then we would all be going ballistic today for Lynch getting the shot.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it though as it seems like our opinion of who should start could be changing weekly. These guys have such a small window to impress that one great play or one terrible play completely change how a player looks. If Siemian doesn't throw that interception he is looking like the clear starter for week 1 with his very accurate short passing game. If Sanchez doesn't fumble then he looks like the guy who can push the ball down the field and really back off the defense a bit. If Lynch doesn't throw that last second interception and maybe leads the team to a game tying touchdown then we would all be going ballistic today for Lynch getting the shot.
Except Lynch isn't going against top competition. If he gets nod after Simian vs Rams, then I think that would be the reason. See how he performs vs the top of the order.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Lynch isn't going against top competition. If he gets nod after Simian vs Rams, then I think that would be the reason. See how he performs vs the top of the order.

Yes Lynch isn't playing against the best competition but not like he is playing with the best either. I would say Lynch made the throw of preseason so far where he was being hit and threw off his back foot and hit our WR in stride to then just have them drop the football. If that is Sanders running that route then that is a touchdown. SAme with a 3rd and 2 play where he hits the receiver between the numbers to have them drop an easy first down. Haven't even started talking about the OL yet.

To me if it is still a true competition between Sanchez and Siemian then Sanchez gets the nod in the #2 spot. That gives the coaches a good look on equal footing between the 2. If they put Lynch in that spot as long as he doesn't go out and play down right terrible then I think Sanchez would be out of the competition for the starting gig and maybe have his roster spot in question.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there are a few reasons...

1) Salary Cap. Right now Mark Sanchez is our 12th highest paid player on the team. If we cut him we save around $3.5 million. That kind of savings could be what helps us up the offer to Sanders and get him locked up long-term. That seems to be the last on the to-do list for Elway this off season.

2) If say they love what they are seeing in Lynch then it makes sense. If Sanchez gets booted down to 3rd string then it doesn't make as much sense to keep him around because even if you have an injury or if Siemian plays terrible Sanchez still isn't the next guy in.

3) As DC said draft pick. I do think we get our draft pick back if Sanchez is not on the 53-man roster week 1. Yes it is a 7th round pick which isn't worth much but sometimes that is what teams trade before those final cuts to make sure they get the player they want. So Broncos could see a team that is getting ready to cut say an OG that would add good depth to the Broncos. That team would be willing to trade them for a 7th round pick to at least get some kind of value.

4) It could be a huge boost of confidence to our young guys knowing the team trusts them that much that they are willing to cut the veteran.

5) Roster spot. With our team having so much depth at so many positions those rosters spots are pretty precious. So being able to keep another player that would actually stand a chance of playing and helping this team over that of a 3rd string QB that would sit on the bench makes sense.
None of those are compelling enough reasons to cut him, and none of those things were even mentioned in the post I was replying to, it was simply "he's shellshocked cut him" which is asinine.

Cutting Sanchez at this point would be a colossal mistake. Going into the season with only two quarterbacks, neither of whom have taken a meaningful snap in an NFL game, is beyond stupid. And Elway's smart enough to know that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those are compelling enough reasons to cut him, and none of those things were even mentioned in the post I was replying to, it was simply "he's shellshocked cut him" which is asinine.

Cutting Sanchez at this point would be a colossal mistake. Going into the season with only two quarterbacks, neither of whom have taken a meaningful snap in an NFL game, is beyond stupid. And Elway's smart enough to know that.

Oh I think he is still on the team. I was more just listing the reasons why the team might think about letting him walk. I would rather still have the added security of a veteran more so than anything else to have a voice that can speak to the young guys of what they maybe should be seeing on film. Maybe Sanchez isn't the best guy for that job but he is still a better voice than no voice at all.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sanchez face palm.jpg Who's next up???.
Put me in coach I know I won't turn the ball over.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any way that Elway could suit up for just one game? Give the rookie a little more time to develop.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think he is still on the team. I was more just listing the reasons why the team might think about letting him walk. I would rather still have the added security of a veteran more so than anything else to have a voice that can speak to the young guys of what they maybe should be seeing on film. Maybe Sanchez isn't the best guy for that job but he is still a better voice than no voice at all.
7:noidea:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got no issue with Siemian throwing the pick - it happens, and will continue to happen as it does with every QB

I hated how he went into a shell - he was completely thrown off his game, and this is a guy whose forte is supposedly staying even keel and calm .. It spilled over to how the entire team played - everything went flat .

Lynch is the only one of the three that, after throwing a pick, seems like he would want to get right back out there and make up for it - and that fire should not be underestimated as to how it effects the entire team and flow of the game ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would rather not. He can do some but his main job is the building of the team not being at every QB meeting. And Kubiak can't do it as he has the entire team to think about not just the QB position. Those two jobs are full time jobs in themselves. So this comes down to the OC and QB Coach in my opinion and then Sanchez if he stays on the team. So Sanchez can still be a valuable piece of the puzzle just not on the field.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stat today from Andrew Mason. Now given this is preseason but so far in 70 career preseason plays (that includes attempts/rushes/sacks) Siemian has fumbled or been picked off once every 35 plays. NFL average since 2000 is once every 24.2 plays. Now given this is a very small sample size but it does show that Siemian for the most part hasn't been this turnover prone guy. Again that interception is blown up because of the few opportunities.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sanchez wins the starting QB I will root for him and will be his best fan . I will root for him this week end to do his best ..

My deal is simple when in trouble step up and look back down the field or run either way get it done don't look like he did giving up on the play .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sanchez wins the starting QB I will root for him and will be his best fan . I will root for him this week end to do his best ..

My deal is simple when in trouble step up and look back down the field or run either way get it done don't look like he did giving up on the play .

I would say Sanchez's 2 biggest issues are 1) Not always having the best pocket presence. More so than his interceptions it is his number of fumbles throughout his career that should be concerning. On top of that he doesn't do a great job of keeping 2 hands on the ball when not throwing allowing an easy avenue for a defensive player to swipe at the ball. 2) He can lock onto a WR before the ball is even snapped and has trouble adjusting to the fact that his WR is covered. When he is reading a defense well and he and his WR are on the same page the guy is a very good QB. When he doesn't read a defense well though it leads to some huge plays. Now while I do think he probably figures out the defense on say 85% of the plays run that still leaves 15% of the plays during a game where he is making a bad choice. Needs to be better at adjusting on the go.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say any Qb that still locks on to a wr ( continuously ), has had at least " 3 years " as a starter or extensive snaps in this league and very good coaching to boot, will never be a qb that can guide your team to a SB. Period.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sanchez now is gone. He can't be trusted to protect the ball and can't be coached not to fumble

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sanchez now is gone. He can't be trusted to protect the ball and can't be coached not to fumble

I still think his veteran presence can be a good thing for the young QB's. He is the guy that can give them advice about real game action and what they are seeing and will experience. I think he can be a good mentor on just how to act like a professional. I mean honestly the guy seems like one of the nicest guys in the world from the interviews and interactions I have watched him have. Heck did anybody watch his recent video where he went and played guitar on the street trying to make a name for himself as an artist?