• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL- Who would you start week 1?

Who would you start week 1

• Total voters

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that Lynch isn't ready.

I mean I will be the first and probably not many who will admit that I wasn't a huge fan of Lynch coming out on tape not because of the tools, but I felt he was a ways off from being able to start in the NFL. I hope he is ready sooner then expected though because we really need him to be.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already getting tired of the Lynch mob. its like tebow again. All i can judge is the tape... and by no means am i a scout... but i watch a lot of tape and do have an inkling of technique and what to watch for... and lynch isn't ready. his footwork needs a lot of cleaning. so many flat footed throws. and needs to work on the mental aspect.

I do agree that he does make a lot of bad throws in the sense of mechanics but at the same time I am impressed that many of those bad throws still seem highly accurate. I mean his deep pass down the right sideline when he was being hit and throwing off his back foot was to me the throw of the preseason by any of our QB's. Too bad the WR dropped it but that one was impressive.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting to see a QB over throw a QB instead of under throw for a change. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting to see a QB over throw a QB instead of under throw for a change. ;)

Been a while since we have seen that. Or how about the idea of a QB having a ton of zip on their pass. We haven't seen a fastball thrown in Denver for quite some time.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this isn't really fair. He came out for one series after the interception. Here are the plays.

View attachment 147223

So he threw 2 passes after the interception. The first one was an overthrow that he clearly was a little too cautious about, the second hit Latimer in the hands and he either dropped it or it was knocked away (I can't remember at the moment). Regardless, I don't think it's really fair to judge him post interception based on two throws, especially considering those throws came with an injured shoulder.

That is a fair point, however, maybe Kubiak pulled him after that one series because it was obvious that Siemian was rattled, and not going to recover from the pick . . My point is more that Siemian went into a shell, and it effected both sides of the ball . . For a young guy who is fighting to win the starting QB spot on the SB Champs, Siemian just laid down .... At least go down in flames

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a fair point, however, maybe Kubiak pulled him after that one series because it was obvious that Siemian was rattled, and not going to recover from the pick . . My point is more that Siemian went into a shell, and it effected both sides of the ball . . For a young guy who is fighting to win the starting QB spot on the SB Champs, Siemian just laid down .... At least go down in flames

I'm interested to see how he handles the game this Saturday. If he can come out firing with confidence and even attempt a few balls down the field then I will feel much better about him being named our starter. If he comes out just dinking and dunking afraid to make the big mistake then I might honestly be a bit more worried. We need him to at least cause a defense to respect the deep ball. We saw this last year where Manning couldn't go deep so it made our run game that much harder with defenses creeping up to the LOS.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this isn't really fair. He came out for one series after the interception. Here are the plays.

View attachment 147223

I Agree ..but Lucas is still kind of right also in that Siemian is kind of dead headed ...there are plus to that and negatives to that ..Still he would need a full season to find how he is wired ..This staff has talked to his college Coach and knows his weakness and I am sure that will be a part of the equation

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, whatever saves us a draft pick.

Cut Sanchez

;)

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I disagree with that. I mean, what are you basing that on? The whole two passes he threw post interception? Kubiak pulled him because he'd played about a quarter and a half, just the amount of time they said he was going to play.

Keep in mind I'm the guy that still thinks Sanchez should be the starter if the season were starting tomorrow, so I'm not all aboard the Siemian hype train. But if we're going to criticize him, I think we should do it fairly, and I don't believe we have enough evidence post interception to say one way or another how Siemian responded.

And I completely reject the idea that anything Siemian did post interception would cause the defense to suffer. We're talking about 5 plays, 5 plays in which 3 were runs that went for 15 yards and a 4th was a pass that hit the receiver in the hands. So Siemian went into a shell and it ruined the offense and defense, and you're basing that on 1 poor throw?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just some info from practice today.

Siemian is actually sitting out today with a sore shoulder.

In his place Sanchez has been taking the 1st team reps so far in practice with Lynch taking 2nd team reps.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the whole game. The interception happens at 25:20. So based on the actual evidence, I'd like to know what you see that demonstrates Siemian went into a shell.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just some info from practice today.

Siemian is actually sitting out today with a sore shoulder.

In his place Sanchez has been taking the 1st team reps so far in practice with Lynch taking 2nd team reps.
I know Kubiak said that Siemian is starting Saturday, but I do wonder if his injury doesn't heal up as quickly as they would like if they'll give the start to Sanchez or Lynch.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potato Salad.

Since that wasn't an option I chose Sanchez, close enough.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I disagree with that. I mean, what are you basing that on? The whole two passes he threw post interception? Kubiak pulled him because he'd played about a quarter and a half, just the amount of time they said he was going to play.

Keep in mind I'm the guy that still thinks Sanchez should be the starter if the season were starting tomorrow, so I'm not all aboard the Siemian hype train. But if we're going to criticize him, I think we should do it fairly, and I don't believe we have enough evidence post interception to say one way or another how Siemian responded.

And I completely reject the idea that anything Siemian did post interception would cause the defense to suffer. We're talking about 5 plays, 5 plays in which 3 were runs that went for 15 yards and a 4th was a pass that hit the receiver in the hands. So Siemian went into a shell and it ruined the offense and defense, and you're basing that on 1 poor throw?

Something I would add to that is the fact that if his shoulder really was hurting that bad that now 3 days later he is not throwing at practice then obviously we can't expect him to be on the top of his game. For me though it was more watching his body language. Now I could be completely off but there looked to be a difference between Siemian before the interception and Siemian after the interception in how he carried himself. Some of that could have been the pain he was in so hard to tell. You are right it is too small a sample size to say that Siemian went into a shell. At this time we just really have no clue how Siemian responds to adversity. I do know last year we did see him in the final preseason game start out struggling and he just never really recovered throughout the game. Again small sample size but there are some little things here and there that can make a person think that maybe adversity is not his strongest suit as a QB. Plenty of good QB's though have had some of those problems and done fine. Things just need to stay on task to have success if that is an issue.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be the next Reggie Roby we let go.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things I'll say regarding the upper posts......Very good chance Simian's play after int. Had more to do with shoulder than be rattled. You could see his passes weren't as crisp and wobbled more.....Sanchez ? Cut him. KC is going to have to release at least two qbs that are as good or even upgrade over Sanchez not to mention a couple more that could be available from other teams........Think I remember getting some major flack from some here when months ago I said Denver needs an " above avg " Qb this year that can also stretch the field or the running game will suffer no matter who we had back there because they would crowd the line of scrimmage and the short routes all day but the conscentious by many was Denver could have " sub- par " Qb play and still run the ball with great success. Think some even said top 5 rushing attack.I see some have flip flopped now that they've had time to rethink that and see how those Manning dink and dunks really affected the run game until Oz came in with the threat of an arm and they did stretch field more thus the run game improved when the D had to respect that. Go figure. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things I'll say regarding the upper posts......Very good chance Simian's play after int. Had more to do with shoulder than be rattled. You could see his passes weren't as crisp and wobbled more.....Sanchez ? Cut him. KC is going to have to release at least two qbs that are as good or even upgrade over Sanchez not to mention a couple more that could be available from other teams........Think I remember getting some major flack from some here when months ago I said Denver needs an " above avg " Qb this year that can also stretch the field or the running game will suffer no matter who we had back there because they would crowd the line of scrimmage and the short routes all day but the conscentious by many was Denver could have " sub- par " Qb play and still run the ball with great success. Think some even said top 5 rushing attack.I see some have flip flopped now that they've had time to rethink that and see how those Manning dink and dunks really affected the run game until Oz came in with the threat of an arm and they did stretch field more thus the run game improved when the D had to respect that. Go figure. :)

My opinion hasn't changed. Most of us said that an above average QB is a good thing to have. I would rather have an above average QB than a sub-par QB any day of the week. Everybody would. What we argued was the fact that you can have a sub-par QB yet still have a strong running game especially with the system that the Broncos run because they run a ton of those zone stretch plays that eliminate quite a few defensive players from where the play is going. Yes a QB that can stretch the field helps out but that doesn't mean you can't still be successful on the ground game if you don't have one that can. Everything you are saying is yes the ideal of what we hope for this year. I and others have continued to maintain that if those elements are not completely present all the time the offense could still have some success especially in the run game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting info today if anybody wants to listen to the Sandy Clough show. He had a sports psychologist that has worked with both Siemian and Sanchez. He said that Siemian really is a pretty quiet guy so you won't see him really getting pumped up on a good play or completely tell what is going on in his head during a bad play. He did say he doesn't think Siemian is quite there to handle a ton of adversity but that he is still a very sharp kid that knows what he is doing.

Sanchez...oh boy he did not have great things to say about Sanchez. Pretty much said that Sanchez tries to motivate himself through negative reinforcement in the sense of you better make this play or else and of course when he doesn't it just compounds to him making more and more mistakes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News from practice today...Lynch got the bulk of the snaps today. Now you will read today that he did throw 3 interceptions against the #1 defense. Now you might be thinking this means he isn't ready to go against the top defenses in the league. Something to keep in mind though is he threw all those interceptions when he was running scout to as the team gets ready for the game on Saturday against the Rams. So that was with him running the Rams offense not the Broncos. When he ran Kubiak's system he went 6 for 7 with no interceptions.