• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL- Who would you start week 1?

Who would you start week 1

• Total voters

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting info today if anybody wants to listen to the Sandy Clough show. He had a sports psychologist that has worked with both Siemian and Sanchez. He said that Siemian really is a pretty quiet guy so you won't see him really getting pumped up on a good play or completely tell what is going on in his head during a bad play. He did say he doesn't think Siemian is quite there to handle a ton of adversity but that he is still a very sharp kid that knows what he is doing.

Sanchez...oh boy he did not have great things to say about Sanchez. Pretty much said that Sanchez tries to motivate himself through negative reinforcement in the sense of you better make this play or else and of course when he doesn't it just compounds to him making more and more mistakes.
That's great, mentally fragile. Just what I want in my qb. Change my vote to Paxton

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And cut Sanchez...how much money do we save?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great, mentally fragile. Just what I want in my qb. Change my vote to Paxton

He didn't say that Siemian is mentally fragile. He just said that he doesn't think Siemian is the type of guy that right after throwing a pick is the type to be on the sideline getting people pumped up about getting back on the field to make up for the mistake.

From the sound of it Siemian is a very technically sound guy in what he does and can be that calm voice say at the end of the game when others are freaking out. He is a quiet leader. You won't see him being Cam Newton or Ben Roethlisberger is what I mean. Where I see Lynch more being like those guys of leading through just the high energy get everybody around you pumped up style.

And if we cut Sanchez it saves the team about $3.5 million. Well it is less than that in the sense that we still have to have another player take his spot on the 53-man roster but it would be closer to the vet minimum around $500,000. So probably about a $3 million in savings kind of move.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say that Siemian is mentally fragile. He just said that he doesn't think Siemian is the type of guy that right after throwing a pick is the type to be on the sideline getting people pumped up about getting back on the field to make up for the mistake.

From the sound of it Siemian is a very technically sound guy in what he does and can be that calm voice say at the end of the game when others are freaking out. He is a quiet leader. You won't see him being Cam Newton or Ben Roethlisberger is what I mean. Where I see Lynch more being like those guys of leading through just the high energy get everybody around you pumped up style.

And if we cut Sanchez it saves the team about $3.5 million. Well it is less than that in the sense that we still have to have another player take his spot on the 53-man roster but it would be closer to the vet minimum around $500,000. So probably about a $3 million in savings kind of move.
You said he said that Siemian can't handle a ton of adversity. Whoever Qb's this team is definitely facing a ton of adversity

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And take sanchez money and immediately redirect that towards E Sanders. That needs to be done with a quickness

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana might have been quiet in the fact that he didn't perceive himself to be some kind of superstar, but when it came to the field he was one of the greatest competitors out there.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana might have been quiet in the fact that he didn't perceive himself to be some kind of superstar, but when it came to the field he was one of the greatest competitors out there.

Agree

I know Siemian is young and will make mistakes. He should have a huge jump by being here last year. He should be ready to take challenge and not look over his shoulder at Lynch. I don't care if he is quiet or rah rah type guy take the keys and drive da bus. Even if you not the guy here longterm its still a great opportunity to develop your QB skills for the Chargers or Texans.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I disagree with that. I mean, what are you basing that on? The whole two passes he threw post interception? Kubiak pulled him because he'd played about a quarter and a half, just the amount of time they said he was going to play.

Keep in mind I'm the guy that still thinks Sanchez should be the starter if the season were starting tomorrow, so I'm not all aboard the Siemian hype train. But if we're going to criticize him, I think we should do it fairly, and I don't believe we have enough evidence post interception to say one way or another how Siemian responded.

And I completely reject the idea that anything Siemian did post interception would cause the defense to suffer. We're talking about 5 plays, 5 plays in which 3 were runs that went for 15 yards and a 4th was a pass that hit the receiver in the hands. So Siemian went into a shell and it ruined the offense and defense, and you're basing that on 1 poor throw?

I am basing the my opinion on a few things, first and foremost that the entire tone of the game changed on both sides of the ball ..

I am a big believer in chemistry, and the emotional aspect and bond within the team - and the Denver Bronco offense as it current stands is in dire need of a spark or emotional focal point ..

When Lynch threw that touchdown, we saw Talib, in street clothes, come running over all fired up - this from a guy who hasn't played a down since the Super Bowl in the 3rd or 4th quarter of a preseason game .. Lynch has the ability to make the entire team a better team with his demeanor ..

Getting back to Siemian, I think the talk of the pick has sort of overshadowed the fact that, while we did score on the first drive, he made a lot of 3 or 4 yard throws that, in the course of a regular season, any NFL defense will put an end to fast ..

To my eye, he looked rattled and sheepish, and I felt Kubiak sensed that and took him out before it got worse ..

We've got a young QB trying to show his stuff, and I figure the staff would want to leave him in to show what he's made of, and some resiliency after a pick and a bad series -

This team needs a leader, a lightening rod to lead the team back to a Super Bowl - and that starts with confidence, and how that confidence will effect every aspect of the team . .

It is a pet peeve of mine when I see guys with no fire or who don't want to get out there and win it

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get what your throw in down sometimes Crash. :)

Well I am just stating Montana was quite as hell he was never a raw raw guy . he talked a bit in the huddle about it .. Brady in his first SB year win was quite as hell same with big ben .... I get it Lucas is right a swager is damn nice to have in a QB just stating not completely needed is all .

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Harris said Paxton has the best arm and the most upside of all the Bronco Qb's. Now that might seem like a Captain obvious statement, but for him to say that publicly and so matter of factly, when we have a situation where we don't know who our starter is, almost sounds like he's pulling for Lynch. You never heard our defensive guys say anything negative about Manning last year even though it was apparent to everyone with eyes his arm had turned to dog shit. They embraced Manning gaining his starter position back and rallied around him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is hard to pay a turnover machine QB 3.5 million dollars to ride the pine..

We need to bring someone in with experience after week 1 if we cut Sanchez though. We can't really have two QB's with no experience on the roster and we probably don't want to guarantee a vet QB a contract for the entire year either. But it makes no sense to have no experience behind Siemian or Lynch or in the middle.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am basing the my opinion on a few things, first and foremost that the entire tone of the game changed on both sides of the ball ..

I am a big believer in chemistry, and the emotional aspect and bond within the team - and the Denver Bronco offense as it current stands is in dire need of a spark or emotional focal point ..

When Lynch threw that touchdown, we saw Talib, in street clothes, come running over all fired up - this from a guy who hasn't played a down since the Super Bowl in the 3rd or 4th quarter of a preseason game .. Lynch has the ability to make the entire team a better team with his demeanor ..

Getting back to Siemian, I think the talk of the pick has sort of overshadowed the fact that, while we did score on the first drive, he made a lot of 3 or 4 yard throws that, in the course of a regular season, any NFL defense will put an end to fast ..

To my eye, he looked rattled and sheepish, and I felt Kubiak sensed that and took him out before it got worse ..

We've got a young QB trying to show his stuff, and I figure the staff would want to leave him in to show what he's made of, and some resiliency after a pick and a bad series -

This team needs a leader, a lightening rod to lead the team back to a Super Bowl - and that starts with confidence, and how that confidence will effect every aspect of the team . .

It is a pet peeve of mine when I see guys with no fire or who don't want to get out there and win it

First play, 8 yard out to Sanders, first down. Second play, incomplete pass. Third play, bootleg with a free rusher, he hits a pass 10 yards down field (22 yards from where he threw it) with a free rusher in his face, first down. Fourth play, screen pass, first down. Fifth and sixth plays, run. Seventh play (third and 5) 7 yard out, first down. Eighth play, sack, but negated due to defensive holding. Ninth play, run. Tenth play, 10 yard comeback to DT, first down. Eleventh play, touchdown run.

I think you're letting your perception cloud the reality of the situation. The only pass in that entire drive that would qualify as a 3 or 4 yard throw was the screen pass to Virgil Green, which of course is designed to be a short pass. The rest of the drive was a good mix of runs and admittedly safe throws, with a couple of nice completions to move the chains on third downs. Granted Denver didn't challenge deep, but it wasn't the 3 or 4 yard throws that you described either.

As for the rest of it, I think it's pretty reckless to draw a lot of conclusions of tone based on a preseason game. After the interception, the Broncos started taking out a lot of their starters on offense and defense. It's hard to criticize a guy for not sparking the team when he only played 5 snaps after his interception, 3 of which were runs and another which his receiver flat out dropped. Siemian obviously isn't a rah-rah, emotional kind of guy, but you can't really criticize him for going into a "shell" when he kept it pretty even keel the entire time, because that's just the kind of guy he is. That's not saying you have to like that, or that you can't prefer the more fiery personality, but jumping on him for going into a shell isn't really accurate.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well today at practice Trevor Siemian did throw a little but he was kept out of team drills. Pretty much the coaches let Lynch get most of the time with the #1 offense. Made a few really nice passes but still a few mistakes along the way.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like the Broncos are preparing Paxton Lynch to be the number 2 behind Siemian. Unless things change drastically in the next 2 pre-season games, I think the Mark Sanchez experiment may be over. If that's the case, it will be interesting to see if the Broncos cut him to provide more cap room and get that Eagles draft pick back.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like the Broncos are preparing Paxton Lynch to be the number 2 behind Siemian. Unless things change drastically in the next 2 pre-season games, I think the Mark Sanchez experiment may be over. If that's the case, it will be interesting to see if the Broncos cut him to provide more cap room and get that Eagles draft pick back.

You would almost have to. Does a third stringer even suit up regularly on game day?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would almost have to. Does a third stringer even suit up regularly on game day?

Just a gamble, not having a veteran on the team. If either Siemian or Lynch stink it up in the next two pre-season games, the Broncos might feel like they need Sanchez for insurance. Honestly, it's hard to know what they're thinking right now....