• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL- Who would you start week 1?

Who would you start week 1

• Total voters

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 3rd stringer actually does suit up on game day. He counts as one of the 7 inactive but he is still eligible to play, but only if the starter is ruled out for the remainder of the game.

You have choice. Actviate all 3 QB's if you carry 3.

Or inactive your 3rd QB but he does suit up and can be eligible to play if you elect to rule your QB1 inactive.
The one position that teams have a safety net one when deactivating.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a gamble, not having a veteran on the team. If either Siemian or Lynch stink it up in the next two pre-season games, the Broncos might feel like they need Sanchez for insurance. Honestly, it's hard to know what they're thinking right now....

Sanchez would be cut on the final cut down date in my opinion. 1) You need a 3rd QB for that final preseason game as you don't want to see your back up go play the entire game and get injured then be left with only 1 QB on the roster. 2) As you said if they stink up the joint then at least you have a veteran with starting experience to fall back on. So they wouldn't have to make the choice right away.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez would be cut on the final cut down date in my opinion. 1) You need a 3rd QB for that final preseason game as you don't want to see your back up go play the entire game and get injured then be left with only 1 QB on the roster. 2) As you said if they stink up the joint then at least you have a veteran with starting experience to fall back on. So they wouldn't have to make the choice right away.

Yes, your timing projection makes a ton of sense. I'm just curious if they are willing to gamble with only two, keep Sanchez or bring in another vet. Should be an interesting next couple of weeks. I really wish our first game wasn't against Carolina. That will be a very stiff test for any of the quarterbacks!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, your timing projection makes a ton of sense. I'm just curious if they are willing to gamble with only two, keep Sanchez or bring in another vet. Should be an interesting next couple of weeks. I really wish our first game wasn't against Carolina. That will be a very stiff test for any of the quarterbacks!

I'm torn. What I would guess they do is they ask Sanchez to take a pay cut. They haven't been shy in the past about doing this and my guess is this late into the off season nobody is going to pay Sanchez more than what the Broncos would offer. So Sanchez gets to stay on the team and the Broncos get the nice little cap help while also still having a veteran on the team. I would also think for the Broncos that Siemian being injured this week just shows them how quickly things can turn if you only carry 2 QB's on the roster. When you throw in that your back up is known for liking to take off running every now and then it might force you to have to keep that 3rd guy.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought about a pay cut. If he's willing to do that, it might make more sense to have an insurance policy. They would still lose that draft pick though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why ask for a paycut? Unless our plan is to start him, but if he he isn't our week 1 starter why not cut him and bring him back after week 1 on a smaller salary and it won't be guaranteed.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell cut him and bring in a different vet .. 30 QB's will be cut soon enough .