• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ooo first ever thread!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i'm gunna lay out what i'd do if i was GM.. but first i'll post my research on the flyers cap situation:

guys signed through next year:

C
Richards (5.75)
Carter (5)
Briere (6.5)
Betts (700k)

W
Gagne (5.25)
Leino (800k)
Hartnell (4.2)
JVR (1.654)
Giroux (821k)
Cote (550k)
Lappy (1.17)

D
Pronger (4.921)
Timonen (6.3)
Carle (3.44)
Bartulis (600k)

G
Boucher (925k)

RFA:
Parent
Coburn
Syvrett
Powe
Carcillo

UFA:
Asham
Leighton
Krajicek
Pyorala

total cap hit: 48.6 mil
proj cap: 58.8 mil

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RFA's
coburn: sign for around 2.8.. i let him go if he wants over 3
parent: re-sign him for around 1.0
syvrett: re-sign for 800k (i think?)
powe and carcillo are gone

UFA's
asham returns, the rest are gone

TRADES
carter for bernier+3rd, or quick+2nd (depends on which way the kings go)

*i'm actually kinda leaning towards quick, he's actually played in the NHL and i think his value will be less.. i think the flyers could get him and a 2nd (maybe even first) for carter

FA's
Alex Tanguay: 2 years: 2 mil per season
Dan Hamhuis: 4 years: 4mil per season

leino.briere.hartnell
gagne.giroux.tanguay
jvr.richards.asham
nodl.betts.lappy

pronger.carle
timmo.hamhuis
coburn.parent

quick
boosh

that will put the flyers at 54.2, or 4ish under the cap, which IMO is a good place to be.. aaron ward and owen nolan are also on my radar as veteran guys that could come in and help out for fairly cheap

i think tanguay just needs a jolt of energy from a solid team.. he's been a solid performer in the past on some good teams, and he wont have expectations to live up to

richards on the 1c line, not the 3rd line.. got him with jvr and asham cause i think he plays well when he plays with simpler guys.. when he plays with too much talent he tries to be fancy.. he's a top-notch grinder that can make some plays, thats how he should play, enough of these blind passes to the empty slot

still, possibly i'd think about switching the 2nd and 3rd line around a bit, that 2nd line could use a little muscle.. defensively it should be pretty solid though, giroux and gagne both pk'd at least some last year

rest i think is fairly self explanitory

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz, excellent first post!!!

My eyes are burning outta my head and in need of sleep. I'll catch up with you tomorrow bro!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick is not an option IMO. He's not an upgrade from Leighton or Biron or Niittymaki. Him and a 2nd are not worth a top line center.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick is not an option IMO. He's not an upgrade from Leighton or Biron or Niittymaki. Him and a 2nd are not worth a top line center.

i think he's more of an option than bernier.. i dont think the kings are going to move him, why would they? if he's the stud that he seems to be the kings would be nuts to trade him while they have cheap.. and if quick is no better than the guys above (i think he is better, but i dont have too much experience w/ the kings) then why would the kings put their eggs in his basket?

Plus a center isn't really want they need anyway.. they already have kopitar to be their #1.. and between stoll and moyer they have pretty decent 2/3.. not to mention handzus is still out there fighting for a spot.. they are pretty deep at center

also i think this team could win with a goalie like biron.. he did 'take' them to the eastern conference finals 2 years ago.. and IMO the team in front of us is significantly better than that one

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thought.. niemi hasn't been mentioned much.. there's a chance he's available because chicago has 0 cap space and has to sign like 6 guys.. any takers?

i would rather them go elsewhere

*posted it here so that this thread gets up to the top again.. i feel like my first post is quite useful haha

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is what i posted on the flyers boards.

trade carter for bernier and a pick. if not then get schneider and picks or something similar. then replace carter with frolov. let asham walk and sign recchi. re sign carcillo and coburn. then sign hamhuis or a similar guy.

gagne-richards-frolov
hartnell-briere-leino
jvr-giroux-recchi
carcillo-betts-laperierre
powe

pronger-carle
timmonen-coburn
hamhuis-bartulis
parent

bernier
boucher

the cap is rumored to go up by 2 mil. this still leaves us space. if you can not get the players i listed then get similar players.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if there is one thing other then a good, young goalie for next season it is Recchi. Loved him when he was here.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what i posted on the flyers boards.

trade carter for bernier and a pick. if not then get schneider and picks or something similar. then replace carter with frolov. let asham walk and sign recchi. re sign carcillo and coburn. then sign hamhuis or a similar guy.

gagne-richards-frolov
hartnell-briere-leino
jvr-giroux-recchi
carcillo-betts-laperierre
powe

pronger-carle
timmonen-coburn
hamhuis-bartulis
parent

bernier
boucher

the cap is rumored to go up by 2 mil. this still leaves us space. if you can not get the players i listed then get similar players.

not tryin to nit pick, but i'm not sure the flyers still stay under the cap w/ that.. 58 mil is with the projected 2 mil increase.. so we're starting at about 48 mil..

-carter (5mil)
+carcillo (1mil)
+coburn (2.8mil)
+hamhuis (4mil)
+bernier (.8mil)
+frolov (4mil)
+reechi (1.5mil)
=57mil

alright touche.. fits, but barely.. aside from that i agree w/ you.. i'd love reechi back and frolov would be a good addition on the wing

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
on what planet is hamhuis a 4 mil a year player? i was thinking more like 3 mil. or a player like him for 3 mil. that leaves us 2 mil under the cap.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he made 2 mil last year.. 150 hits and 100 blocked shots (ish) last year.. one of the more coveted d-men on the market this year.. not saying he's a 4mil player, but i bet thats what he gets.. thats the nature of being one of the better UFA d-men any given year

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 cents.......I'd pay Hamhuis 3-4 mil to come play in Philly.

Like, yesterday.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted

So, it's a safe bet to say you think Meszaros is slightly over paid as well?

I do.

For a 3rd pairing, yes.

But if someone says our D blows we can whip out we're paying our 5th DMan 4 mil!

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think meszaros is a little overpaid although not if he puts up the same numbers he did in ottawa. he can score goals which hamhuis can not. and he is a big guy and can skate well. i actually think he is better than hamhuis.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...that and the dude lays out some crushing hits as well.