• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, did I say that?

Your team got behind and got cheap and chippy tonight. That's what happened. BJs got some energy at the end, but Caps were the better team over 60 minutes. Good game, 43.

Bob 9-2-1 in his last 12 starts, but 0-1-1 vs. the Caps.

It's what usually happens when someone dares play the Capitals with the same levels of chippy cheapness that the Caps themselves play with. You are flabbergasted that anyone could be that way. It's passive aggressive bullshit and quite tiresome.

Alex Ovechkin’s hit on Zach Werenski will be reviewed by Department of Player Safety

I'm sorry, but I don't see it. His skates didn't leave the ice until contact was made. Maybe you could argue it's late, but I'm not buying it. Interested in a neutral's take on the hit

He lifted up a bit, but didn't leave his skates, so the lateness is probably what they are looking at. Maybe the distance covered before the hit. He's a star, super handsome, and likes puppies. Nothing will happen. But This isn't going to help:

The one that really bugged me was the one at the end of the second when Kuznetsov hit Werenski in the Jackets D zone when the play was near the Caps Blue Line and then ran and hid on the bench when Zach got up.

Jackets have to learn that showing up for ten minutes a game isn't going to get it done against good, heavy teams. You also can't wait until your star player leaves with a major injury before you start responding to it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, one of the best parts of the game last night was OV telling Anderson to wipe the blood off his nose after their scrum:

Big talk from a guy who waited until Anderson was in a headlock before punching him.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big talk from a guy who waited until Anderson was in a headlock before punching him.

It's funny how two people watching the same thing can have such differing points of view. The only reason Anderson was in a headlock is because he went after Ovechkin as things were cooling down and Anderson ended up worse off.

Also that cannon of yours is worse than Chelsea Dagger in Chicago.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how two people watching the same thing can have such differing points of view. The only reason Anderson was in a headlock is because he went after Ovechkin as things were cooling down and Anderson ended up worse off.

Also that cannon of yours is worse than Chelsea Dagger in Chicago.

Agreed, Anderson is a bastard and I would hate him if he was playing against my team. Doesn't change the fact that Ovi punched him when was defenseless after initially running away. Like Oshie later "Oh, Foligno is in a head lock, time to hit him 12 times in the back of the head!".

And both the cannon and Chelsea Dagger are infinitely better than Vuvuzela guy. So nyah.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, Anderson is a bastard and I would hate him if he was playing against my team. Doesn't change the fact that Ovi punched him when was defenseless after initially running away. Like Oshie later "Oh, Foligno is in a head lock, time to hit him 12 times in the back of the head!".

And both the cannon and Chelsea Dagger are infinitely better than Vuvuzela guy. So nyah.

It's horn guy, and how dare you!

(For real though, I understand how it's annoying to most but I'll take fan led atmosphere over any team organized noise.)

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a shame we cant see a WSH-CBJ first round.

The East will probably end up like the standings are today. Even though OTT has 2 games in hand over BOS, I have a bad feeling that the Sens will end up in the WC spot. Perhaps not the most interesting matchups, but one of them will prove unexpectedly entertaining.

Out West, I wonder if the Sharks have stopped the bleeding. If so, the Flames may be facing the Hawks in Round 1. That would be a tough matchup for them.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(For real though, I understand how it's annoying to most but I'll take fan led atmosphere over any team organized noise.)

I've hated Vuvuzela guy since I lived out there. Had the misfortune of sitting near him.

My main reason for liking the cannon is how much everyone else hates it. I hate how Chicago screams through the anthem, but it is pretty intimidating for visitors.

Like a fucking cannon.

The East will probably end up like the standings are today. Even though OTT has 2 games in hand over BOS, I have a bad feeling that the Sens will end up in the WC spot. Perhaps not the most interesting matchups, but one of them will prove unexpectedly entertaining.

Out West, I wonder if the Sharks have stopped the bleeding. If so, the Flames may be facing the Hawks in Round 1. That would be a tough matchup for them.

I think a Caps/Jackets series would be awesome, the teams clearly do not like each other. But I think the league should want those matchups later in the playoffs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leafs are likely playing Boston at this point. The Sens are an injury away from Melnyk playing top 4 blue line minutes.

Leafs swept the season series with the B's but I still would much rather get Ottawa in the first round, even if they were 100% healthy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main reason for liking the cannon is how much everyone else hates it. I hate how Chicago screams through the anthem, but it is pretty intimidating for visitors.

Like a fucking cannon.
I think the intimidating part about visits to Chicago for opposing teams is the fact you're playing against 6 future HOF candidates and less to do with the anthem. Right now in Columbus it's probably the fact you need to try to score on the pending Vezina winner rather than a particularly loud noise-maker (far as I can tell, it does not actually fire a cannonball and therefore is not even a real cannon - SAD!).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does not actually fire a cannonball and therefore is not even a real cannon - SAD!).

Au contraire, mon friere
cannonball-wall.jpg

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might think that but I already tried that defense and got stuck with a ban and community service anyway. But everyone who didn't have someone to cover their eyes experienced "atmosphere"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might think that but I already tried that defense and got stuck with a ban and community service anyway. But everyone who didn't have someone to cover their eyes experienced "atmosphere"

And, when I tried to bring own cannon, they confiscated it.

Is that drywall?

What kind of joke cannon can't even fire fully through drywall? Sad!

Not drywall. It's kryptonite reinforced with kevlar and steel. And Scott Hartnell's hair,

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean I wouldn't complain about seeing Columbus in the 2nd round....

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about the D, but that's a hell of a shot.

No doubt. He had about a coffee can's worth of space to shoot at and he hit it. Full marks.

But he should have never gotten to the spot to make that shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.