• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you still allowed to carry your goalie union card with that take?
not that I disagree, but goalies usually stick together more than the referee guild

My Goalie Union bar code is tattooed on my butt. They can't take it away. They've tried.

Normally, I do side with the goalies. I get the sense that even Lou thought it should have counted. Usually our protocol is to stand up and wave our arms and shout at the ref is we think, even in the most miniscule amount, that we were interfered with. If we don't feel we were interfered with, we are obliged to do one of three things;

1) Scream curse words in our native language, and occasionally French
2) Lay or kneel on the ice with a thousand yard stare pondering where in life we went wrong
3) Slash Sean Avery

Lou did number 2. And he chose the second option above.

Then, afterwards we get interviewed and we have to toe the team line no matter what.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burn it to the ground
Kinda hard to burn ashes.

No goalie, maybe one good defenceman, and two good forwards in Eichel and ROR. Reinhart might have some value.

Mittelstadt looks promising, the other Nylander might be alright too (hey, they got the only half-decent Reinhart, they can't be greedy with the family guys). They got a Swedish C in the second round last year who did okay in the top flight there this year. And that's about it. They had more sunny days in January there than they do promising prospects.

It's really, really bad there. I don't know if another first timer GM was such a great idea either.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No goalie, maybe one good defenceman, and two good forwards in Eichel and ROR. Reinhart might have some value.

Mittelstadt looks promising, the other Nylander might be alright too (hey, they got the only half-decent Reinhart, they can't be greedy with the family guys). They got a Swedish C in the second round last year who did okay in the top flight there this year. And that's about it. They had more sunny days in January there than they do promising prospects.

It's really, really bad there. I don't know if another first timer GM was such a great idea either.
Fold and move to Hamilton? :noidea:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have three goa...oh, you meant good goalies...carry on.

I might give slightly more credit to one or two guys, but you're right on all-in-all.

You did however forget to mention our top 10 payroll :scratch:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you have against Hamilton?
Yeah, Copps Coliseum has hosted some dandy events over the years. Everybody remembers the 87 Canada Cup Final but I like the Dead's 3-22-90 show even better. And the first official Royal Rumble was held here as well. Not sure they want the Slugs stinking up the joint.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did however forget to mention our top 10 payroll :scratch:
Knowing what it feels like to watch your favourite team spectacularly bungle every attempt at relevance for a decade, I figured I'd stop before the tears rolled.

Yeah, Copps Coliseum has hosted some dandy events over the years. Everybody remembers the 87 Canada Cup Final but I like the Dead's 3-22-90 show even better. And the first official Royal Rumble was held here as well. Not sure they want the Slugs stinking up the joint.
The Leafs played a few regular season games there in the 90s so it's already a little stunk up.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that. Figured Coach Q would be let go. Guess those 3 Cup wins got him some credit. Think he's gone after next yr. though if they miss the playoffs again.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that. Figured Coach Q would be let go. Guess those 3 Cup wins got him some credit. Think he's gone after next yr. though if they miss the playoffs again.
Sometimes it’s not so much about the coach not being good and more to do with the team needing a fresh start with different ideas. Since the Hawks’ last Cup win 3 years ago the Hawks have won 3 playoff games.

Even personally for Q, it looks like the next few weeks might see a lot of work become available and he’d basically have his pick of the litter.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q will be fired 2 games into next season and replaced by a former Blackhawks player - I'm hoping for either Dirk Graham although Kyle Calder might work too.

/but we all know it will be Dutter if this does indeed happen

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q will be fired 2 games into next season and replaced by a former Blackhawks player - I'm hoping for either Dirk Graham although Kyle Calder might work too.

I'm hoping for Cam Barker if it happens.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Coach Q has a message to all the haters who wanted him fired...

joelballs.gif

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm hoping for Cam Barker if it happens.

What's Eric Daze up to these days?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Coach Q has a message to all the haters who wanted him fired...

joelballs.gif

Don;t YOU want him fired?

So he can be hired by your team?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don;t YOU want him fired?

So he can be hired by your team?

My team has a history of bargain bin shopping for head coaches, no chance that Coach Q was coming to Calgary even if he was available.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team has a history of bargain bin shopping for head coaches, no chance that Coach Q was coming to Calgary even if he was available.
Can't get more bargain bin than promoting an assistant like Cameron - unless Woodcroft gets the axe and finds his way down south. Image him and Cameron working on a Flames power play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.