• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DOUG MACLEAN! DOUG MACLEAN!

(Canes are starting get good on the same trajectory as the Jackets it seems. This must stop.)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DOUG MACLEAN! DOUG MACLEAN!

(Canes are starting get good on the same trajectory as the Jackets it seems. This must stop.)

It actually make sense that a team named Hurricanes would hire a blowhard like Maclean.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost had a good old fashion brawl after the Pens/Flyers game. The refs/linesmen did a good job to keep it from escalating.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. Canucks at home vs Arizona and we get only 17 shots in a 2-1 loss. Just give us the #1 pick.

Please

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Ugh. Canucks at home vs Arizona and we get only 17 shots in a 2-1 loss. Just give us the #1 pick.

Please
grabs the regulation loss with under a minute left.
tankouver keeps it suspenseful

Virtanen with 18min, and 6 hits. like that. and Leipsic looks good again as well.
(i fast forward through most of game, but saw him win a backcheck race vs Domi and feed a nice pass up to Horvat on same play)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost had a good old fashion brawl after the Pens/Flyers game. The refs/linesmen did a good job to keep it from escalating.

Whooo Thank goodness no one on either team was knocked out for a couple games with injury.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey Central is talking about Francis and the deals that haven't worked for Carolina. MacLean said "Show me any GM in the league and I will show you at least two deals that didn't work out, it happens to everyone"

Yes Doug, "at least 2".

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey Central is talking about Francis and the deals that haven't worked for Carolina. MacLean said "Show me any GM in the league and I will show you at least two deals that didn't work out, it happens to everyone"

Yes Doug, "at least 2".

If he'd said at least 12 Milbury would have assumed he was talking in code and beaten MacLean with is own shoe the next time they met.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting news with Francis. I think you'll see Peters let go at season's end as well especially if Carolina misses the playoffs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone name 2 trades that worked out for Francis and the Canes though? The only move I can remember him making was grabbing Teuvo and even then it was only because Chicago needed to dump Bickell’s salary.

The team is basically where they were 4 years ago just swapping Aho for Eric Staal. Their best goalie is still Cam Ward, which is a massive problem that Francis’ best shot at fixing was one of those non-good deals Maclean was yammering about. He wasn’t able to attract a single free agent worth a damn save Justin Williams, who is old and didn’t even score in a game 7 last year (but he’s been alright this season). I mean, at what point are GM’s and owners going to realize that sitting back for 5 years and waiting for all of your draft picks to pan out is a fucking god-awful way of building a team?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone name 2 trades that worked out for Francis and the Canes though? The only move I can remember him making was grabbing Teuvo and even then it was only because Chicago needed to dump Bickell’s salary.

The team is basically where they were 4 years ago just swapping Aho for Eric Staal. Their best goalie is still Cam Ward, which is a massive problem that Francis’ best shot at fixing was one of those non-good deals Maclean was yammering about. He wasn’t able to attract a single free agent worth a damn save Justin Williams, who is old and didn’t even score in a game 7 last year (but he’s been alright this season). I mean, at what point are GM’s and owners going to realize that sitting back for 5 years and waiting for all of your draft picks to pan out is a fucking god-awful way of building a team?

True. But to defend Ronnie a bit, he wasn't given the green light to go after any of those free agents under previous tightwad ownership.

And he apparently has a dismal goalie scout.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But to defend Ronnie a bit, he wasn't given the green light to go after any of those free agents under previous tightwad ownership.

The goalie coach didn't help either apparently as he screwed up Eddie Lack so much that he's no longer in the league. To be fair, it was the same goalie coach when Kipper was with the Flames, but Kipper was so good that he was beyond the coach being able to screw him up.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) That's probably true. But even with that, general inactivity isn't really a way to show that you're a forward-thinking kind of GM. He held onto Eric Staal until he was essentially worthless as an asset, he still has Jordan Staal and Jeff Skinner on the roster, he re-signed Cam Ward for some incredibly strange reason. Like...try at least man.

2) The above-mentioned fact that he re-signed Cam Ward makes me think he's maybe ignoring his goalie scout lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they like duck hunting in Tennessee?

pred_duck_hunter.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good on Khaira last night, making Clutterbuck answer for his crap actions.

Khaira is pretty much a folk hero in these parts and if Canucks dont end up signing Archibald for next season (which they probably will unless he gets a better offer elsewhere) I could see them try to acquire him to fill a roll ... and i think he would sell tickets believe it or not

My sons team played a team in Surrey and 3 kids arrived at the game wearing Khaira Coiler jerseys and i had to ask the other teams manager if they were related lol

/this video is something ... McClellan is going in on the ref about the hit by Clutterbuck and Khaira is right there listening and he knows what he has to do ... Kassian is right there too but hes probably dreaming about past days at the Roxy :noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.