• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk about u fairies, but im on team solo. and no matter how lesbian rapino was, she did look kinda hot during the games. especially when she was crossing in the ball from heaven to find the equalizer against brazil in the dying minutes. wambach was a bit of a heart throb as well because of her flair for the dramatic.
i will never forget ian darke "ABBY WAMBACH HAS SAVED THE USA'S LIFE....In this world cup!" i referred to her as "the lifeguard" from then on. then the japs got revenge for ww2 in the final. we should have crushed them, but messed up so many easy opportunities.

i do realize there many have been some things that weren't exactly PC in that statement, but i plead the first.

Whoa whoa whoa. You thought Wambach was a heart throb? Really? Ew. Every time I see her I wonder how she keeps hiding her penis.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt mean like oh wow shes so hot haha. i meant it like damn shes such a baller and carrying the red, white, and blue to victory in such dramatic fashion. i found that made her a heart throb because it was so exciting. not the easiest to describe haha, but it wasnt a sexual attraction

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
poll question:
which would you rather have?....
between now and 2022, basketball wins 4 national titles or football wins one national title.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
without a doubt, a natty in football .. for OUR team to be the first new program in a while to break on through .. We're about as close a program as it gets to doing that (Oregon seems close too but USC is back on the rise)

Poll #2

Who loses their job first? Seth Greenberg or Mike London? I think that Greenberg has 1-2 years tops to turn things around.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball would be cool because there would be so many opportunities to party due to the length of the tournament. But football always reigns supreme.

Greenberg because he is just not a good coach. There have been countless times when I watch us play (even in previous years) and I think, jeez, what is Greenberg thinking. We have no offense, he mismanages timeouts, and he never calls any good plays. People will talk about his recruiting skills, but remember that we had a state-of-the-art training facility built just a few years ago and we play in the ACC. Those are pretty easy selling points.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth isn't going anywhere. He isn't the problem. Talent is.

In 3 years who will be UVAs Head Football Coach?

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Poll 1: I'll take the 4 basketball titles. That's domination. I love football but it's only one in this scenario, and (although less important) the BCS crowns a mythical champion.

Poll 2: I think VT basketball is likely to switch coaches before UVA football. ACC basketball is getting better, with new coaches already improving their teams, and two solid programs entering. That hurts SG's chances to succeed. ACC football is transitioning to help Mike London. Look at our division: Carolina and Miami are in trouble. Georgia Tech is struggling. Duke is Duke. Pitt is a big unknown. Virginia could easily stay second in our division without greatly improving.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth isn't going anywhere. He isn't the problem. Talent is.

I disagree. The first 10 games or so this season we were winning at half time. We lost a lot of those in the 2nd half and that is 100% coaching. The other teams made adjustments and we didn't. If you watch our offense play, you will see we do the same ineffective thing every game and never change. Last year, Seth played our guys to death and they were dead by the end of the game because he wouldnt give them breaks even though depth was an issue. Seth is not a great coach. We don't have top tier ACC talent but we have enough to win a lot of the games we lost.

If the team doesn't perform, it is on the coach regardless of the reason. He may be gone after this season. It would be the season to do it IMO because we could sell the new ACC to a big time coach from another conference. Not too familiar with NCAAB coaches to pick one.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are times when we play 4 freshman. Jarrell Eddie is only a Sophomore. Raines, Davilla, and Hudson are decent but not ACC caliber IMO. At this point Brown and Green are our best guards, and we don't have a true big man. Seth is the scapegoat and easy blame but we just don't have the talent.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are times when we play 4 freshman. Jarrell Eddie is only a Sophomore. Raines, Davilla, and Hudson are decent but not ACC caliber IMO. At this point Brown and Green are our best guards, and we don't have a true big man. Seth is the scapegoat and easy blame but we just don't have the talent.

I think it's both. Talent this year is most definitely lacking, but we've never had a good big man because Seth refuses to recruit one. Vic never panned out obviously, but it would be awesome to see us actually go after a 6'10" guy. We're never going to compete in the ACC when UNC can put 2 7'ers on the court at the same time and the tallest guy we have is 6'8" or 6'9" and half as athletic.

What pisses me off the most is Seth's inability to draw up a play after a timeout. We have been in a million close games where we have been caught with our pants down in the final seconds and we throw up a shitty shot, or can't even get one off. The game against BC was no exception. Green had the ball 1 on 1, and I was cool with him not using a timeout. After burning clock and Green driving to the lane, Seth decided to call a timeout to do nothing more than attempt a 1 on 1 for Green. No plays, no setup, ultimate predictability. If not for DFS's uncanny ability to crash the offensive glass, that game would have gone exactly the same.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's both. Talent this year is most definitely lacking, but we've never had a good big man because Seth refuses to recruit one. Vic never panned out obviously, but it would be awesome to see us actually go after a 6'10" guy. We're never going to compete in the ACC when UNC can put 2 7'ers on the court at the same time and the tallest guy we have is 6'8" or 6'9" and half as athletic.

What pisses me off the most is Seth's inability to draw up a play after a timeout. We have been in a million close games where we have been caught with our pants down in the final seconds and we throw up a shitty shot, or can't even get one off. The game against BC was no exception. Green had the ball 1 on 1, and I was cool with him not using a timeout. After burning clock and Green driving to the lane, Seth decided to call a timeout to do nothing more than attempt a 1 on 1 for Green. No plays, no setup, ultimate predictability. If not for DFS's uncanny ability to crash the offensive glass, that game would have gone exactly the same.

I can agree with that. But even if we had Coach K I still refuse to believe we would be in the Tourney this year. 2 or 3 more W's, maybe. We just aren't that good.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with a better coach, we would/should have won a lot of our closer games this year - which is really no different from a lot of the games we lose under Seth.

I think if a guy like K is running the show, we win at Minn, against KSU, Wake, FSU, and at BC. That would put us at 19-6 and definitely in the Tournament discussion.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How does a lack of talent help Seth's case in this discussion? If anything, it compounds upon the reasons Tech SHOULD go in another direction. We have a new practice facility, play in the most historically prestigious conference, and receive more media coverage than ever before. We've never been in a better situation to bring in big time talent. It's the coach's job to recruit talent.

As a general comment, I won't suggest that Tech has to or even should fire SG. This program has had more than its share of bad luck. However, I maintain that Tech needs to at least consider other options. The window to take advantage of the recent bad decisions of other programs won't be this open forever. It's a matter of where we want the program to be, and I just don't think the wrong side of the bubble is it.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evaluating the best and worst early BCS title bets - CFB - ESPN

This article was posted over on ESPN insider. They list Tech as a "contender" (behind favorites, but ahead of long shots) for the MNC with 25:1 odds.

Like Arkansas, Michigan and Notre Dame are on the rise behind excellent coaching, but the best of this group for 2012 looks like Virginia Tech. With Bobby Bowden gone, this is Frank Beamer's ACC. A national title is the only hole in Beamer's résumé, and he is setting up for one more run behind quarterback Logan Thomas. This will not be an experienced offense, particularly along the line, but the skill position talent is outstanding and the bulk of the defense returns. Virginia Tech is a physical, disciplined team that knows its identity. This program is a constant threat to post an unbeaten season, and at 25 to 1, the Hokies are the most appealing play on the board.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The favorites

LSU Tigers: 4.5 to 1 odds
Alabama Crimson Tide: 5 to 1
USC Trojans: 8 to 1
Oregon Ducks: 10 to 1
Oklahoma Sooners: 12 to 1
Florida State Seminoles: 12 to 1 WHAT?!!?!
Georgia Bulldogs: 12 to 1

The contenders

Arkansas Razorbacks: 16 to 1
Notre Dame Fighting Irish: 20 to 1
Clemson Tigers: 25 to 1
Michigan Wolverines: 25 to 1
Texas Longhorns: 25 to 1
Virginia Tech Hokies: 25 to 1

The long shots

Florida Gators: 33 to 1
West Virginia Mountaineers: 33 to 1
Nebraska Cornhuskers: 40 to 1
TCU Horned Frogs: 50 to 1

I guess it wouldn't be preseason without ND and FSU at the top of peoples lists...

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at ND. Looking at their schedule, it would be a good year for them to win 7 or 8 games.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A national title is the only hole in Beamer's résumé, and he is setting up for one more run behind quarterback Logan Thomas. "

He does realize that LT has 2 years left right? unless he is going ahead and calling it that Logan will leave early

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast thank Seth Greenberg for:

63208.jpg