• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not pretty tonight

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONLY because it was preseason

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see the game, but lets remember for most of these guys it is the 1st time they have played since last year. Lets not start the sky is falling already.

I realize that, but the pre-snap stuff needs to be fixed. I'm definitely not in the sky is falling pool. Just want to see Romo make better decisions and put his teammates in position to better execute and score TDs instead of FGs. It would be one thing if last night I saw something from Romo that I've never seen, but it wasn't. That was typical Romo being the head honcho in charge with the chaotic snap-with-less-than-five-seconds left offense. We've all seen this chaos work sometimes, but more often than not, it leads to confusion, execution rate drops, defenses get a jump on the snap which lead to pressures (which can lead to very bad things), and penalties.

We all stress over offensive line issues, but there are QB issues that have been a problem too. That was evident last night even if it was just a preseason game. We get a turnover to help the offense with one possession and have a nice drive on the other and only manage to score 3 points. Again, I know it was just a preseason game, but last night was a microcosm of what we've seen since the loss in Minnesota in the playoffs. It's not like Romo is some rookie like Webb who deserves to be given more time to improve on his deficiencies.

Romo was by no means bad last night, but if this team wants to take the next step, HE HAS to take the next step. He needs to make better decisions with the football (this includes hitting your playmakers when they are wide open for TDs or throwing the ball away when nothing is there), help out his offensive line full of question marks by running a cleaner, less-chaotic offense (this might cut down some of the penalties). Romo can do some amazing things on the football field, but it's more of the little things that I want him to get better at.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that, but the pre-snap stuff needs to be fixed. I'm definitely not in the sky is falling pool. Just want to see Romo make better decisions and put his teammates in position to better execute and score TDs instead of FGs. It would be one thing if last night I saw something from Romo that I've never seen, but it wasn't. That was typical Romo being the head honcho in charge with the chaotic snap-with-less-than-five-seconds left offense. We've all seen this chaos work sometimes, but more often than not, it leads to confusion, execution rate drops, defenses get a jump on the snap which lead to pressures (which can lead to very bad things), and penalties.

We all stress over offensive line issues, but there are QB issues that have been a problem too. That was evident last night even if it was just a preseason game. We get a turnover to help the offense with one possession and have a nice drive on the other and only manage to score 3 points. Again, I know it was just a preseason game, but last night was a microcosm of what we've seen since the loss in Minnesota in the playoffs. It's not like Romo is some rookie like Webb who deserves to be given more time to improve on his deficiencies.

Romo was by no means bad last night, but if this team wants to take the next step, HE HAS to take the next step. He needs to make better decisions with the football (this includes hitting your playmakers when they are wide open for TDs or throwing the ball away when nothing is there), help out his offensive line full of question marks by running a cleaner, less-chaotic offense (this might cut down some of the penalties). Romo can do some amazing things on the football field, but it's more of the little things that I want him to get better at.

Earl, I'm a born worrier when it comes to my teams performance. But lets not overly panic just yet. The starting D looked pretty good and for as bad as you say Romo looked he was 6 of 8 in his first game action since last year, and we will see Oakland again this season. If the team struggles in week 3 then I will be worried. More than likely Garrett had a vanilla game plan since it was the first game action this year for a lot of these players.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl, I'm a born worrier when it comes to my teams performance. But lets not overly panic just yet. The starting D looked pretty good and for as bad as you say Romo looked he was 6 of 8 in his first game action since last year, and we will see Oakland again this season. If the team struggles in week 3 then I will be worried. More than likely Garrett had a vanilla game plan since it was the first game action this year for a lot of these players.

I'm by no means panicking. I just want to see Romo run a cleaner offense, make better decisions, and eliminate the hassle to get off snaps before the playclock runs out. What I saw against Oakland was no different than what I've seen from Romo in meaningful games over the years. Missing open receivers for six points, taking unnecessary sacks, and running a chaotic offense. On the stat sheet it looked like Romo played pretty well, but in reality it was about average. I'm at the point now where I care nothing but about the Cowboys scoring TDs. I couldn't care less how Romo's stats look.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm by no means panicking. I just want to see Romo run a cleaner offense, make better decisions, and eliminate the hassle to get off snaps before the playclock runs out. What I saw against Oakland was no different than what I've seen from Romo in meaningful games over the years. Missing open receivers for six points, taking unnecessary sacks, and running a chaotic offense. On the stat sheet it looked like Romo played pretty well, but in reality it was about average. I'm at the point now where I care nothing but about the Cowboys scoring TDs. I couldn't care less how Romo's stats look.

Fair enough, I was doing schoolwork so I paid little attention to the game. Fact is I completely missed the first 10 minutes. I'll trust your view point here.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will all start worrying after week 2 when we get our asses handed to us by Kansas City.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will all start worrying after week 2 when we get our asses handed to us by Kansas City.

So it's a forgone conclusion? Hell I guess I'll just do yard work or or wash the cars on Sundays. Thanks for freeing up a lot of time for me.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's a forgone conclusion? Hell I guess I'll just do yard work or or wash the cars on Sundays. Thanks for freeing up a lot of time for me.

I call Bullshit Manster. Dallas could start out 0-8 and your ass would still be firmly planted in front of the TV come game time Sunday week nine.

Sorry, had to throw that out there, slow day at work. Kill the boredom by reading the boards.

Now as for the topic at hand, outsider looking in. Dallas has seemed to adjust to the new defense alot better than one would expect.

Murray if healthy with a play caller who will actually call running plays... could do some damage.

Romo... well he is Romo. He is going to have his GOD moments, but he is always going to have the moments that make you want to throw shit at the TV.

As for Dez... I hope he gets some crazy chick pregnant and it distracts the hell out of him. Cause otherwise he is in top 5 WR form.

All in all, from what we have seen so far, health and Depth are Dallas' main questions. Otherwise they have a pretty solid starting lineup.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
health and depth

could seattle be seattle without health....what about SF?
Not many teams in today's NFL can over come injuries. Green Bay kinda did once, but Rodgers and Matthews having career years helped greatly.

does any team in the NFL with 53 man rosters really have depth? I think all team do at certain positions but not across the board....not in the NFL. A team can have a back up QB that has played a hand full of games and assume he's quality, but is he? Does 10 games define what a player is and will always be? Didn't Marion Barber.

Funny.....good or bad health and overcoming the injuries all teams will have seems to define all teams to me.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
health and depth

Not many teams in today's NFL can over come injuries. Green Bay kinda did once, but Rodgers and Matthews having career years helped greatly.

does any team in the NFL with 53 man rosters really have depth? I think all team do at certain positions but not across the board....not in the NFL. A team can have a back up QB that has played a hand full of games and assume he's quality, but is he? Does 10 games define what a player is and will always be? Didn't Marion Barber.

Funny.....good or bad health and overcoming the injuries all teams will have seems to define all teams to me.

:agree: & I really enjoyed the shot @ Captain Kurt, they swear they gonna get a first round pick or two 2 for him :laugh3: I doubt teams are stupid enough to fall for the banana in the tail pipe, I.e. Kolb, Cassell etc :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call Bullshit Manster. Dallas could start out 0-8 and your ass would still be firmly planted in front of the TV come game time Sunday week nine.

Sorry, had to throw that out there, slow day at work. Kill the boredom by reading the boards.

Now as for the topic at hand, outsider looking in. Dallas has seemed to adjust to the new defense alot better than one would expect.

Murray if healthy with a play caller who will actually call running plays... could do some damage.

Romo... well he is Romo. He is going to have his GOD moments, but he is always going to have the moments that make you want to throw shit at the TV.

As for Dez... I hope he gets some crazy chick pregnant and it distracts the hell out of him. Cause otherwise he is in top 5 WR form.

All in all, from what we have seen so far, health and Depth are Dallas' main questions. Otherwise they have a pretty solid starting lineup.

I'm just replying to the remark that we have already LOST to KC. And yes I will be watching win or lose.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
health and depth

Let Washington fans tell it, they overcame so many injuries. Even though every intelligent NFL fan knows they lost nobody of vital importance besides one or two players in the season. :laugh3:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Washington fans tell it, they overcame so many injuries. Even though every intelligent NFL fan knows they lost nobody of vital importance besides one or two players in the season. :laugh3:

You are kidding right?

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 starters on defense were unavailable to the Redskins right off the bat to start the season. Orakpo, Carriker, Meriweather and Tanard Jackson. Two starting safeties, our best pass rusher and our 3rd leading pass rusher.

Fred Davis and Pierre Garcon, our two best receiving options missed a season between them. Our two best WRs. Our leading rusher from the previous season, Roy Helu... gone for the year before the season ever started.

Not to mention RG3.

You might want to try again. Or better yet, stop trying.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 starters on defense were unavailable to the Redskins right off the bat to start the season. Orakpo, Carriker, Meriweather and Tanard Jackson.

Fred Davis and Pierre Garcon, our two best receiving options missed a season between them. Our two best WRs. Our leading rusher from the previous season, Roy Helu... gone for the year before the season ever started.

Not to mention RG3.

You might want to try again. Or better yet, stop trying.

My point still stands.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 starters seems pretty vital.

Yeah, the Redskins just couldn't do without an average WR, an average TE, and a bunch of other average players. Orakpo and RG3 were the only players you lost of vital importance. And even RG3 still played both times against the Cowboys. Like I said, my point still stands. I don't expect you to feel sorry for the Cowboys losing guys like Coleman, Costa, or Bruce Carter, so don't expect me to feel sorry for your average players either.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, and Garcon played both times against us too.