• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not pretty tonight

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The running game was bad. The special teams were worse. The defense bent all night . If I rewatch it and see Webb miss a block or something on the blocked fg , I would not be a bit surprised. What a bad night for Webb. Monte better figure out that read option as well..

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The running game was bad. The special teams were worse. The defense bent all night . If I rewatch it and see Webb miss a block or something on the blocked fg , I would not be a bit surprised. What a bad night for Webb. Monte better figure out that read option as well..
Mike Jenkins hit someone for the first time in his career. Webb doing his best Jenkins as a Cowboy imitation. Ole'

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webb stuck out in the worst way. Hopefully that performance can serve as motivation for him from here on out.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stuck out to me last night was Romo. Missing TD passes with plenty of time to throw it. Missed Dez and Austin both wide open for a TD. I know he was a little rusty but he does this too often. Another thing I noticed is that when Romo is in we still have to scramble to get snaps off whereas when Orton was in it was much cleaner. Dare I say this snap chaos is mostly on Romo. Hard to blame Garrett now for presnap chaos after what I saw last night. Romo needs to identify coverages and defenses much faster like the elite quarterbacks do. The more you drain the playclock the better advantage defensive lines get to pressure the quarterback. That makes the offensive line look much worse than it is.

Many people are quick to blame everything on the offensive line, and for the most part, the blame is deserved, but how is an offensive line supposed to react quickly when defensive lines always get a good jump because Romo drains the playclock all the way down to zero more than half of the time when we possess the ball? Many times Romo sees pressure because he gives the defensive line a good jump by constantly waiting till one second is left on the playclock to snap the ball. Defense can't get a good jump if they don't know when you'll snap the ball; and that helps an offensive line with question marks. Romo doesn't do his offensive line any favors by constantly doing this.

Note: I'm by no means trying to start a Romo bash-fest. But it's just something that really bothered me last night. It's hard to blame Garrett for this presnap chaos after what I saw last night and I was one of the few that put most of the blame on Garrett for that. Last week Orton got off snaps fast and clean and the same happened last night. Yet when Romo was in it was chaos. Garrett no longer OC so you can't blame him.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stuck out to me last night was Romo. Missing TD passes with plenty of time to throw it. Missed Dez and Austin both wide open for a TD. I know he was a little rusty but he does this too often. Another thing I noticed is that when Romo is in we still have to scramble to get snaps off whereas when Orton was in it was much cleaner. Dare I say this snap chaos is mostly on Romo. Hard to blame Garrett now for presnap chaos after what I saw last night. Romo needs to identify coverages and defenses much faster like the elite quarterbacks do. The more you drain the playclock the better advantage defensive lines get to pressure the quarterback. That makes the offensive line look much worse than it is.

Many people are quick to blame everything on the offensive line, and for the most part, the blame is deserved, but how is an offensive line supposed to react quickly when defensive lines always get a good jump because Romo drains the playclock all the way down to zero more than half of the time when we possess the ball? Many times Romo sees pressure because he gives the defensive line a good jump by constantly waiting till one second is left on the playclock to snap the ball. Defense can't get a good jump if they don't know when you'll snap the ball; and that helps an offensive line with question marks. Romo doesn't do his offensive line any favors by constantly doing this.

Note: I'm by no means trying to start a Romo bash-fest. But it's just something that really bothered me last night. It's hard to blame Garrett for this presnap chaos after what I saw last night and I was one of the few that put most of the blame on Garrett for that. Last week Orton got off snaps fast and clean and the same happened last night. Yet when Romo was in it was chaos. Garrett no longer OC so you can't blame him.
I think Jerry coming out and saying he wanted Romo to be more like PManning may lead to even more pre snap chaos.QB's need to have the power to audible, but sometimes its alright to just run the play thats called. On the bright side, Dez and Austin looked like they are ready to rock

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's gonna imitate Peyton, he could have at least showed us some no-huddle to keep the defense guessing. I know it's just preseason, but last night looked like typical Romo in season form with the chaos.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

can only hope that if you see.....someone within that coaching staff has as well and making a point about it. Your post is 100% on target

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No discipline at all. Same old crap with penalties and the special teams are as usual, pitiful and horrible.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No discipline at all. Same old crap with penalties and the special teams are as usual, pitiful and horrible.

Looking on the bright side no one got injured on that baseball field last night.......:yahoo:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get through the season healthy this is a playoff team.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon now lets go ahead and start the Romo bash fest . You guys/ girls kill me with that crap. 6-8, 88 yds. He took a sack that lost 5 yards. Could he have ran sooner - yes. Should he have thrown into coverage on that play - I would have loved to see the complaints then. 50 million reasons why you better hitch your trailer to Romo for the next 3 to 4 yrs fellows. Pick on somebody else. Where is the Witten bash for holding on the first fucking play. ??? Where is the 1st team defense bash for letting the Raiders putrid offense drive right down the field. Hey , if you really want to know the truth- that was really Romo wearing number 20 .

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get through the season healthy this is a playoff team.

I agree. Look back through NFL history. Teams playing in December are usually the healthy teams down the stretch. I think if they can stay healthy, get decent line play on both sides of the ball, and cut out some of the dumb penalties, they can make a good playoff run.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon now lets go ahead and start the Romo bash fest . You guys/ girls kill me with that crap. 6-8, 88 yds. He took a sack that lost 5 yards. Could he have ran sooner - yes. Should he have thrown into coverage on that play - I would have loved to see the complaints then. 50 million reasons why you better hitch your trailer to Romo for the next 3 to 4 yrs fellows. Pick on somebody else. Where is the Witten bash for holding on the first fucking play. ??? Where is the 1st team defense bash for letting the Raiders putrid offense drive right down the field. Hey , if you really want to know the truth- that was really Romo wearing number 20 .

"Cmon now"

I agree :suds:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see the game, but lets remember for most of these guys it is the 1st time they have played since last year. Lets not start the sky is falling already.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see the game, but lets remember for most of these guys it is the 1st time they have played since last year. Lets not start the sky is falling already.

I'm pretty sure not one person here is.

Romo is fine... it's just strange that both Dez and Miles are running free for scores and he didn't see either. No big deal

call um as you see um isn't anything other than that

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure not one person here is.

Romo is fine... it's just strange that both Dez and Miles are running free for scores and he didn't see either. No big deal

call um as you see um isn't anything other than that

Which play was this? Was this the one where they were coming back from a break and he threw it out of the endzone???

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the play he was sacked I saw a small window to Miles , but I also saw a DB ready to jump it. I will be the first to say I know nothing about Xs and Os . He had two other pass plays. One he was rushed and he threw it short to Murray INC. The other he threw out of the end zone. Now he did check it down once to Murray in which Murray stepped out of bounds a yard short of the first down. Maybe he had something here open.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the sack play, I just wanted him to get rid of it. He had the ball forever. He should have known he needed to launch that one out of bounds.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the sack play, I just wanted him to get rid of it. He had the ball forever. He should have known he needed to launch that one out of bounds.

I saw both good and bad with it.....

The bad he held the ball too long.

Now the good .... And this is just my opinion. When Romo is at his worst is when he gets happy feet. Feels the rush before it's there. That's when he makes the majority of his mistakes.

Let him test the line in preseason.... maybe he is putting a stop watch in his head.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Romo it's kind of a toss up....... Sack he can get hurt.... INT he can piss away a game.

So that's kinda why I'm ok with him doing it if it was to set a stop watch in his head.