• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never too Early to Talk Draft

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Walter Football list

• Julius Brents, Cornerback, Kansas State (COM)
  • Antoine Green, Wide Receiver, North Carolina (COM)
  • Quentin Johnston, Wide Receiver, TCU (COM)
  • Sam LaPorta, Tight End, Iowa (COM)
  • Atonio Mafi, Offensive Guard, UCLA (PRI)
  • Jayden Reed, Wide Receiver, Michigan State (COM)
  • Anthony Richardson, Quarterback, Florida (COM)
  • Jammie Robinson, Cornerback, Florida State (COM)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I surely wouldn't object to Holmes drafting Tennessee OT Darnell Wright. I'm not sure that he'd be considered for NO.18 though. Maybe if Holmes could drop down some but damn for sure before the first-round ends. Start Wright out at RG and then move over to RT whenever Penei takes over the LT position - assuming Decker doesn't stay beyond 2024.

Player Comparison: Taylor Moton. For the NFL, Wright reminds me of Moton. Both are athletic right tackles who have enough quickness and athleticism to match up against speed rushers with the strength to anchor. They both are solid run blockers as well and show some physicality. Moton was a second-round pick in 2017 out of Western Michigan, and Wright could be a second-round or late first-rounder in the 2023 NFL Draft.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mebert an Overshown listing at LB.

I love that Darnell Wright is listed.

I don't want to see a TE drafted, by I do favor Kraft over any other.

Note: This should not be viewed as an exhaustive list. This is simply what has been reported/leaked to the media.

Reported Lions visits​

QB Anthony Richardson, Florida (NFL Combine)
QB Aidan O’Connell, Purdue (Pro Day)
WR Quentin Johnston, Texas (NFL Combine)
WR Jayden Reed, Michigan State (NFL Combine)
WR Antoine Green, North Carolina (NFL Combine)
TE Sam LaPorta, Iowa (NFL Combine)
TE Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State (NFL Combine)
OT Darnell Wright, Tennessee (NFL Combine)
T/G Jordan McFadden, Clemson (NFL Combine)
G Antonio Mafi, UCLA (Top 30 visit)
LB Trenton Simpson, Clemson (NFL Combine)
LB Noah Sewell, Oregon (NFL Combine)
LB DeMarvion Overshown, Texas (Lions LB coach Kelvin Sheppard at Pro Day)
CB Cory Trice, Purdue (Pro Day)
S Jammie Robinson, Florida State (NFL Combine)
Overshown talking to Sheppard directly.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overshown talking to Sheppard directly.

He'd be a WILL LB in the NFL if he ever puts it altogether. He has safety play in his background. He shouldn't be considered at all for MIKE LB.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little concerned about this draft. Hardly any players are coming in with serious injury concerns. How is Holmes supposed to know who to draft of they are all healthy?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little concerned about this draft. Hardly any players are coming in with serious injury concerns. How is Holmes supposed to know who to draft of they are all healthy?

There are plenty of players injured whether they are serious or not, I'm not sure.

Tyree Wilson has had a foot injury since end of November so he should be at the top of the list to trade up for.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9, 61, 1st next year, 2nd in 25, and DJ Moore for the 1
Panthers, huh.

I hope to hell it's for Anthony Richardson, but I seriously don't think Frank Reich would fall into that trap. Owner David Tepper sure would.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9, 61, 1st next year, 2nd in 25, and DJ Moore for the 1

Bears loading up on picks.
Dumbasses gave up their early 2022 2nd round pick for Chase Claypool though in that trade back in November.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears loading up on picks.
Dumbasses gave up their early 2022 2nd round pick for Chase Claypool though in that trade back in November.
Not a good trade. Moore, Moody, and Claypool is a nice wr room to have.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore, Moody, and Claypool is a nice wr room to have.

Sure, if they fix that worthless O-Line. If Fields is going to continue to bail and run, then what's the point of having all of those WR.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14.6 dead cap for the Panthers

How much in cap savings? 12M.

I know at one time I looked and saw a total of 26M cap hit, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly or wrong WR I was looking at.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much in cap savings? 12M.

I know at one time I looked and saw a total of 26M cap hit, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly or wrong WR I was looking at.
He counts as 20 million against the Bears cap this year, but that does not mean that is what the Panthers save on it. I am not sure what the final total is.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot, Panthers have a competitive team. O-Line with last year's pick at OT Ekwonu, OT Moton, C Elflein, WR Terrace Marshall and Shenault and that defense with Burns, Gross-Matos, Derrick Brown, Shaq, Jaycee Horn, Jeremy Chin.

They have to be gunning for CJ Stroud. He arguably has the lowest ceiling of the so-called top 4 - him, Young, Richardson and Levi - but also the highest floor of all of them. I discount Bryce due to his height and weight and that damn shoulder injury. I still wouldn't draft Bryce Young because he was never the same in 2022 at any point even before the injury at Arkansas. Saban stated he had dealt with the shoulder injury prior so that has me extremely concerned. It damn for sure wasn't always on his WR corps even though they all mostly sucked and then 4 of them transferred in the off-season.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“He still has a ways to go. He came in and got hurt his first year. Then obviously he got hurt his second year. He had a chance to really play this year and he understands there’s always going to be competition and we’re always going to create that competition.”

The competition for Okudah figures to be tougher than ever before. Detroit is expected to be in the market for a veteran free agent at cornerback. There will be opportunities in the upcoming draft too, with a class loaded with talent and upside.

Okudah has already fallen behind 2021 undrafted rookie Jerry Jacobs in the outside CB pecking order, and he was also benched late in the year in favor of journeyman Mike Hughes.