• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never too Early to Talk Draft

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not liking how the draft board is setting up for us right now. Anderson to Cardinals at 3, Wilson to Seahawks at 5.

No on Carter, most likely no CB this early where we signed 2 starters. If Lions can't trade back what are we looking at for this pick? Reach for Nolan Smith or Van Ness?

If no trade back best case scenario is Lions reaching for a player at 6.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not liking how the draft board is setting up for us right now. Anderson to Cardinals at 3, Wilson to Seahawks at 5.

No on Carter, most likely no CB this early where we signed 2 starters. If Lions can't trade back what are we looking at for this pick? Reach for Nolan Smith or Van Ness?

Agree with you. Not much there but a possible reach for us with those names gone Maybe another team is in love with a top LT or WR. Murphy DE is still there. Just haven’t looked at him much.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, Arizona would have to be braindead to take Anderson at #3. Everyone in the whole league knows Indy is taking a QB at #4 unless something huge happens in FA in the next couple weeks. That means any team that has interest in the 3rd QB but not the 4th, has to trade up ahead of Indy. I would imagine they already have a rolodex of GM's waiting to see what happens with 1 & 2. But even if nobody out there offers Arizona anything, and even if they absolutely LOVE Anderson there, they still have to call Indy themselves. Colts pick up tye phone, and you say; "We don't like anyone at #3. We're 100% trading this pick. You want the 3rd best QB in this class, you give us #4 and your second. Otherwise we trade to somebody else and you guys get the 4th best QB." Doesn't really affect your scenario, but I just have to say it. Zona not using the #3 themselves.

Best case scenario would be somebody else coming up for Richardson, and Indy taking Levis at 4. But Arizona might flop with Indy and then still take Anderson @4.

But CB's usually take a bit to develop in the league. One of the CB's we signed is on a 1 year deal AND coming off knee surgery. Plus nobody ever goes through a full 17 game season without losing one of your top CB's for a time. Half the teams in the league be pulling guys up off the practice squad and playing them for injured guys. Every year you see at least one team signing a street FA and then starting him the next week when they have a bunch of injuries. Plus I think one of the two CB's would be clear BPA there at 6. Unless we considered drafting another LT to play at OG. I think CB is definitely still in play.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to take Gonzalez at 6 if anderson is gone. Unless we can trade back 3 to 5 spots and pick up a 2nd. 2 of our starters likely will not be on roster next year. Groom the kid the right way with spatters of play time until he clearly plays better than one of the others

We need a better option at clogging the middle of the line and a hard nosed MLB

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you. Not much there but a possible reach for us with those names gone Maybe another team is in love with a top LT or WR. Murphy DE is still there. Just haven’t looked at him much.
Murphy is a tough one to know for sure. He was way worse this year than previous years, but rumors are out there he was hurt.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we have a top pick and dont know what to do with it is probably a good sign.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep trying different strategies with trades and such, keep missing on getting 1 or 2 guys i really want to fall where i want to draft them

1678992789568.png

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be my dream draft of realistic possibilities.

1678993810702.png

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling a little more confidence in my Jake Moody hopes.

MoneyBadgers contract looks like a guy who can be cut easily.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carter slips to us at 6, which is likely do we take a shot and see if DC can light a fire under him? Then a CB at 18? Or reach like hell and get Jack Campbell at 18, no way in hell he is there for us in the 2nd. I am at a loss. I would love 3 first round picks this year. I am not convinced our defensive interior is any good. I am not in love with anyone we have in the middle of the field at all

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carter slips to us at 6, which is likely do we take a shot and see if DC can light a fire under him? Then a CB at 18? Or reach like hell and get Jack Campbell at 18, no way in hell he is there for us in the 2nd. I am at a loss. I would love 3 first round picks this year. I am not convinced our defensive interior is any good. I am not in love with anyone we have in the middle of the field at all
I assume we’re out of the market for corners now. CJGJ played corner for Glenn in New Orleans.

But me assuming things is dangerous.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume we’re out of the market for corners now. CJGJ played corner for Glenn in New Orleans.

But me assuming things is dangerous.
yes, but 2 guys on roster are on 1 yr contracts, the other is 3 yrs. And none of them are lockdown corners. I really like Gonzalez, been real high on Porter all yr. But Our middle of defense is our achilles heel right now. Is the better option to plug that for the next 5 to 7 yrs and look for long term answer at cb next yr or get a great cb, best available of the other 2 with next 2 picks?

I dont see DE as a major need. We have 1 great and 2 serviceable plus Houston. Plug the middle to take away the run, let guys on staff handle outside pass rush seems better option to me

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Alim Mcneil, but he does the thankless parts. We need a disrupter in the middle as well. If Carter ever worked out that would be awesome, but at this point it is a bigger gamble than Richardson to work in this draft.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Alim Mcneil, but he does the thankless parts. We need a disrupter in the middle as well. If Carter ever worked out that would be awesome, but at this point it is a bigger gamble than Richardson to work in this draft.
Agreed. Really not sure there is a IDL worth drafting early other than him though. I think we probably get Skoronski or Robinson at this point.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Really not sure there is a IDL worth drafting early other than him though. I think we probably get Skoronski or Robinson at this point.
Not at 6, Kancey I think is good value at 18, Bresee is a reach at 18, but not too bad.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think kancey has bust written all over him. Workout monster without production to back it up

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think kancey has bust written all over him. Workout monster without production to back it up
He was ACC DPOY with 14.5 tackles for a loss and 7 sacks in a 11 games. His production was good.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to win the fucking Superbowl.

Will Forte Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island