• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions vs Chiefs. Thursday night season opener.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just false starts, but illegal formations because his helmet wasn’t in line with the center’s belt line. They showed it multiple times and the refs never called it.
Eh, it's irrelevant if it's not called. Just like OPI. It's cope to argue otherwise.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, it's irrelevant if it's not called. Just like OPI. It's cope to argue otherwise.
Would have been better for the Chiefs if they had called it. I was angry during the game, but really Lions knew if it was a pass or run, and then they did finally call it to kill Mahomes potential game winning drive. Refs sacrificed a few Hutchinson sacks to give Lions a huge advantage there.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Donovan Smith and his penalties. Going to be a long year if they don't keep him in check. He was atrocious for the Bucs.
Meh, they survived Wylie and Orlando Brown. They'll be fine. Flukey game with the drops. Happens. Moore is on his way to being benched.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been better for the Chiefs if they had called it. I was angry during the game, but really Lions knew if it was a pass or run, and then they did finally call it to kill Mahomes potential game winning drive. Refs sacrificed a few Hutchinson sacks to give Lions a huge advantage there.
The thing is I bet it's not gonna be called hardly at all, just like it's not gonna be a false start on Lane Johnson, or OPI on DeAndre Hopkins or whatever. Taylor has been doing this for years which I guess doesn't matter if it's in Jacksonville. OT's have been beating snaps (or timing it extremely well) for years.

Not sure what motivated the sudden attention, but this is pretty common in the NFL.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is I bet it's not gonna be called hardly at all, just like it's not gonna be a false start on Lane Johnson, or OPI on DeAndre Hopkins or whatever. Taylor has been doing this for years which I guess doesn't matter if it's in Jacksonville. OT's have been beating snaps (or timing it extremely well) for years.

Not sure what motivated the sudden attention, but this is pretty common in the NFL.
It just felt more blatant this time because Hutch was a solo act while the rest of the dline vanished. So it was a single player that clearly outmatched the tackle highlighting the rule break. If other players generated pressure from anywhere on the line it does not feel so egregious.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just felt more blatant this time because Hutch was a solo act while the rest of the dline vanished. So it was a single player that clearly outmatched the tackle highlighting the rule break. If other players generated pressure from anywhere on the line it does not feel so egregious.
Taylor gave up 2 pressures the entire game per PFF. But yeah, I can understand why it'd be annoying given how obnoxious Taylor is about it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor gave up 2 pressures the entire game per PFF. But yeah, I can understand why it'd be annoying given how obnoxious Taylor is about it.
2 pressures because of the lineup. He was getting moved all over the place when lined up against Hutch. I know he always does it, but this week it was more apparent due to skills mismatch. It will probably be a larger focus for the year now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 pressures because of the lineup. He was getting moved all over the place when lined up against Hutch. I know he always does it, but this week it was more apparent due to skills mismatch. It will probably be a larger focus for the year now.
I guess we'll see. This isn't the first time social media or announcers have pointed something like this out over the last decade. Like every week it happens.

I'll believe it when I see it given how much the NFL wants to protect QB's.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less of the problem about his position. More about getting a head start.

Kudos to him for getting away with it but he better not get used to it. They will he cracking down I’m sure after all this talk.

This is what @Mebert is talking about

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet...many here put their team records and playoff results out for the season before the very first game is played.
Your lack of confidence in your team is noted. Warranted too.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is being highlighted for a few reasons...

1) This is the Chiefs. Obviously best team in football for the past 5-6 years. So seeing them get any kind of advantage seems even more unfair than for any other team. They don't need illegal help to be great.

2) I do agree that players have been doing this for a while. Mitchell Schwartz talked about this that every game he would start further back than what was legal. Then when officials warned him about it he would slowly creep up to see where the line was for the game. Officials did not talk to him the entire game so it feels like they just allowed a player to break the rules.

3) The announcers were calling it out all game long. Just shows how much more exaggerated this was compared to what most players do. It was obvious even to the most casual fan.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ has to have an elite running game to lean on in order to be successful. He's (at least used to be) a very good QB that wants to think he's an elite QB - which he never was.
You've obviously haven't watched many Seahawks games.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but so what? A couple of their fans, and I realize that you aren't one, seem to want to dismiss his performance as if it was some fluky act of God or something. But he's simply part of who they are. Andy Reid put him on the field, their OC kept calling plays where he was the primary and Mahomes kept throwing him the ball.
I wasn't making a deep philosophical point, just that he sucked in that particular game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think anyone that believes the game does not end different with Kelce out there is crazy. I am happy for the win and signs of improved D, but neither team came away from that with a clear picture of their seasons.

Other than that one drive with the inexplicable two open deep throws, the Lions' secondary looked much improved.