• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions vs Chiefs. Thursday night season opener.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is eliminator nightmare. Lions win in a dog fight? :heh:

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t wait for my favorite sport to return!! I’m picking the Chiefs to win this one, although you never know how teams will look to start the season. Should be a good game!!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a great game... Lions played the Eagles very tough last year opening week... I expect the Chiefs to win at home but I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit won...

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid has had the whole offseason to prepare. I don’t see the chiefs losing this one

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a great game... Lions played the Eagles very tough last year opening week... I expect the Chiefs to win at home but I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit won...
Haven’t read much about the Lions preseason but thinking back to last year, Dan Campbell is one of the only guys left that runs an old school style camp with 2-3 days and live hitting in camp. He also used starters more than most in preseason games. I thought they were the better team in the 2H of the Eagles/Lions game last year because of that. Some of that could come into play again if Campbell still does camp that way. Ironically, his old school camp led to a poor start. I think they were something like 1-6 or 2-7 before they came on strong to close their season. I remember from Reid being the Eagles head coach. They were always susceptible weeks 1-5/6. Reid’s teams didn’t always start great but they always seemed to finish the season on an improvement arc, playing their best football at season’s end. I think the Lions are a live dog here.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit didn’t play any of their offensive starters in the preseason. (Gibbs played limited snaps one game, six carries, but I view him as more of the #2 back than a starter.)

Only have two running backs and seven Olineman on the roster right now.

I’m somewhat expecting this to be a Rusty preseason like showing for them NEXT Thursday. Expecting some pass pro mistakes.

Would be a big help if Chris Jones isn’t back on KCs Dline though.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit didn’t play any of their offensive starters in the preseason. (Gibbs played limited snaps one game, six carries, but I view him as more of the #2 back than a starter.)

I’m somewhat expecting this to be a Rusty preseason like showing for them NEXT Thursday. Expecting some pass pro mistakes.

Here's to a good season for your Lions :suds: Salut Smitty!!!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good stuff. It looks like Campbell and his staff reassessed their preseason approach after the slow start last year. That’s great to see from coaches. Too many of these guys get stubborn and don’t have that ability to look inward with self criticism and adjust. I think you guys have a good one in Campbell.