• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions vs Chiefs. Thursday night season opener.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to a good season for your Lions :suds: Salut Smitty!!!
Thank you Sonny!

I’m excited to watch actual NFL level talent in the secondary. As a team, they had 8 picks total against everyone not named Aaron Rodgers last year. Hoping that changes for the better and they get more pressure on QBs thanks to improved coverage. They need to, the defense was God awful last year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff. It looks like Campbell and his staff reassessed their preseason approach after the slow start last year. That’s great to see from coaches. Too many of these guys get stubborn and don’t have that ability to look inward with self criticism and adjust. I think you guys have a good one in Campbell.
he’s a helluva motivator.

Could do without him making any in game decisions. His response in most every situation is, “fuck it, let’s go for it!”

Real nice change to have a guy players want to play for though. Patricia was too busy calling his guys fags and trading away anyone who didn’t worship him. (Not that I’m happy we gave you guys Swift too. But it was different than Slay.)

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Sonny!

I’m excited to watch actual NFL level talent in the secondary. As a team, they had 8 picks total against everyone not named Aaron Rodgers last year. Hoping that changes for the better and they get more pressure on QBs thanks to improved coverage. They need to, the defense was God awful last year.
Goff looked decent and hopefully St. Brown stays healthy, kid looked like a stud from the little I saw. Enjoyed the last game, they bounced GB with Rodgers , not scoring on last drive. Coach sounds a little nuts, but knee biters are needed sometimes to get results

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff looked decent and hopefully St. Brown stays healthy, kid looked like a stud from the little I saw. Enjoyed the last game, they bounced GB with Rodgers , not scoring on last drive. Coach sounds a little nuts, but knee biters are needed sometimes to get results
Goff didn’t turn the ball over for months down the stretch. Almost impossible to duplicate, but he has a great line and a lot of weapons. Stinks we don’t get JaMo until October.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff didn’t turn the ball over for months down the stretch. Almost impossible to duplicate, but he has a great line and a lot of weapons. Stinks we don’t get JaMo until October.
I feel like that is able to be duplicated. Even going back to his time with the Rams, I always thought Goff was better than most at protecting the football. I’ve often compared him to what I saw out of Donovan McNabb in that regard. I think at times, both guys were protective of the football to a fault. They would just refuse to make a tough throw into the traffic for fear of the INT. The best QB play comes with a healthy dose of ball security mixed in with calculated risk taking that counts on the WR to go win on a contested catch.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say it's the lions division to lose, but it IS the lions after all so going belly up is always an option.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say it's the lions division to lose, but it IS the lions after all so going belly up is always an option.
The Central is a roll of the dice for me. I can see a scenario where each of the 4 teams win that division. It’s based a lot on the QB play. I think the Lions and Vikings both know what they have in that regard but the Packers and Bears could get a great answer there or their QB could be revealed to be a failure. That division is gonna be a fun follow.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like that is able to be duplicated. Even going back to his time with the Rams, I always thought Goff was better than most at protecting the football. I’ve often compared him to what I saw out of Donovan McNabb in that regard. I think at times, both guys were protective of the football to a fault. They would just refuse to make a tough throw into the traffic for fear of the INT. The best QB play comes with a healthy dose of ball security mixed in with calculated risk taking that counts on the WR to go win on a contested catch.
I like Goff, don’t get me wrong.

But he didn’t throw a pick in the last nine games. And threw one over the last eleven.

And that takes a lot of lucky breaks on tips and deflections en sech.

Also had a guy break the franchise record for rushing TDs and the other back averaged 5.5 yards per carry. I’m about certain we see some regression offensively. Even if I think it will be one of the better offenses in the league.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Central is a roll of the dice for me. I can see a scenario where each of the 4 teams win that division. It’s based a lot on the QB play. I think the Lions and Vikings both know what they have in that regard but the Packers and Bears could get a great answer there or their QB could be revealed to be a failure. That division is gonna be a fun follow.
Everybody but the Bears for me.

That team was awful. And I don’t think any of the other three got worse.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody but the Bears for me.

That team was awful. And I don’t think any of the other three got worse.
Maybe I’m alone on an island but I still think Fields will be the best of that heralded QB class a few drafts past. I think he has weapons now. I can see a meteoric rise being a possibility for them.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Detroit makes it tough. I could even see them winning.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I’m alone on an island but I still think Fields will be the best of that heralded QB class a few drafts past. I think he has weapons now. I can see a meteoric rise being a possibility for them.
Even with a meteoric rise for him, I don’t know how they could get to mediocre this year.

They were all around awful last year.

DJ Moore should help, but they’d need all three other division rivals to take steps back to be competitive.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with a meteoric rise for him, I don’t know how they could get to mediocre this year.

They were all around awful last year.

DJ Moore should help, but they’d need all three other division rivals to take steps back to be competitive.
I really didn’t think they were god awful by seasons end though. I guess I should also add that I can see this division winner being 8-9 or 9-8 though.