• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions vs Chiefs. Thursday night season opener.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing people say asterisk for the W because Jones and Kelce didn't play. But the Lions are also without Jameson Williams for something that other players have admitted doing multiple times. Because a sports betting site got him suspended after the Lions were one of the early betting favorites.
People saying that Chiefs would have won with Kelce and Jones are full of it. There is no way to know that. Basically they are saying Chiefs can’t win without those 2 guys?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People saying that Chiefs would have won with Kelce and Jones are full of it. There is no way to know that. Basically they are saying Chiefs can’t win without those 2 guys?
How many false starts did Jawaan Taylor get away with? He was doing it all game. Seems like they were doing everything they could to give the game to KC and DET was also giving them opportunities. Lions made plays, KC didn’t. Injuries happen. Lions deserved to win

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many false starts did Jawaan Taylor get away with? He was doing it all game. Seems like they were doing everything they could to give the game to KC and DET was also giving them opportunities. Lions made plays, KC didn’t. Injuries happen. Lions deserved to win

If you watch this, the guy makes a good point about how maybe the Lions never mentioned it because Taylor was tipping the play call every play.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think anyone that believes the game does not end different with Kelce out there is crazy. I am happy for the win and signs of improved D, but neither team came away from that with a clear picture of their seasons.

He's 33 years old so they should start getting used to it... if not this year, soon.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 33 years old so they should start getting used to it... if not this year, soon.
Absolutely, one play in particular sticks out. From inside their own their own 20 Mahomes tossed it deep to Gray. It was catchall and he never got a hand on it. Went from flipping the field to punting. I have no doubt Kelce makes that grab. Nothing is guaranteed, but that play in particular feels about as close as you get to guaranteed.

Few other plays as well. It was clear he woild had made a massive impact to a 1 point game.

Other things change good and bad, but by my math, Kelce worth at least 3 points that game

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Toney didn't suck up the joint they win the game.

Ok, but so what? A couple of their fans, and I realize that you aren't one, seem to want to dismiss his performance as if it was some fluky act of God or something. But he's simply part of who they are. Andy Reid put him on the field, their OC kept calling plays where he was the primary and Mahomes kept throwing him the ball.

Last edited:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody else with a bad feed :suds:

Yep.. I was getting way too many buffering incidents on Youtube TV which I switched to about a month ago. It's usually a once in awhile thing and I didn't realy miss anything. It was just annoying. I hope it's not something I can look forward to for all games.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s maybe pump the brakes on the anointing of Goff. He led two scoring drives in the entire game. They played keep away from the Chiefs by sticking to the running game. He had 4-5 real nice throws but mostly what he’s always been…a game manager.
Only QB in NFL history to go 10 games without a pick while also scoring 20+ points in all ten games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only QB in NFL history to go 10 games without a pick while also scoring 20+ points in all ten games.
Is last night one of the 10? That’s a fugaze stat then. They only scored 14. 7 came on a pick six.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, one play in particular sticks out. From inside their own their own 20 Mahomes tossed it deep to Gray. It was catchall and he never got a hand on it. Went from flipping the field to punting. I have no doubt Kelce makes that grab. Nothing is guaranteed, but that play in particular feels about as close as you get to guaranteed.

Few other plays as well. It was clear he woild had made a massive impact to a 1 point game.

Other things change good and bad, but by my math, Kelce worth at least 3 points that game
Is that 83? I think I remember that play. He pulled up like a pussy because he didn’t want to get hit by the safety. That kind of shit won’t go over well in front of your teammates in a film session.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that 83? I think I remember that play. He pulled up like a pussy because he didn’t want to get hit by the safety. That kind of shit won’t go over well in front of your teammates in a film session.
That is the one. I was a huge swing in the game.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just false starts, but illegal formations because his helmet wasn’t in line with the center’s belt line. They showed it multiple times and the refs never called it.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Donovan Smith and his penalties. Going to be a long year if they don't keep him in check. He was atrocious for the Bucs.