• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions vs Chiefs. Thursday night season opener.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who’s anointing him?

I simply stated he got a bad rap at the end of his Rams time, and some players fit better in other positions.

That’s it. No anointing.

He’s not Mahomes or Josh Allen, Burrow or Herbert. But he can win in this leave with the right system.
100%
i am pulling for Goff at the expense of McVay

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No guarantees on playoff success, especially since KC was down two key players. But those Lions have a bit of spunk.

I will add a Carson who?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a very exciting game.
Detroit earned the win - it was not about Kelce or Jones. (unless you are a KC fan)
Can detroit keep up this intensity?
Will Kelce magically heal overnight? Doubtfull. Bone bruises take longer to heal then sprains. 3 more weeks?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a very exciting game.
Detroit earned the win - it was not about Kelce or Jones. (unless you are a KC fan)
Can detroit keep up this intensity?
Will Kelce magically heal overnight? Doubtfull. Bone bruises take longer to heal then sprains. 3 more weeks?
Kelce is part of the system I feel if Kelce is there KC get s the W

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Toney didn't suck up the joint they win the game.
If they used Richie James instead of Toney they would have won. Wrong giants' trash.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing people say asterisk for the W because Jones and Kelce didn't play. But the Lions are also without Jameson Williams for something that other players have admitted doing multiple times. Because a sports betting site got him suspended after the Lions were one of the early betting favorites.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing people say asterisk for the W because Jones and Kelce didn't play. But the Lions are also without Jameson Williams for something that other players have admitted doing multiple times. Because a sports betting site got him suspended after the Lions were one of the early betting favorites.
That’s nonsense. It’s hard to win in the NFL. No such thing as wins with asterisks. Shit, with how little run starters get in the preseason these days, opening games are an adventure. Nobody should feel the need to apologize for winning against a team who had injury. It’s football. Injuries are part of the deal. Congrats to the Lions and good luck this season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The social media component of the NFL is the worst. The reality is that a win is a win and we dont actually know which teams are good this year yet.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The social media component of the NFL is the worst. The reality is that a win is a win and we dont actually know which teams are good this year yet.
and yet...many here put their team records and playoff results out for the season before the very first game is played.