• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jacoby Brissett

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know what the ceiling is with Brissett. We aren't winning a SB with him. They made their bed by not going after Aaron or Lamar.

This year should be about Howell. They should allow him to have a stinker or two, or three without benching him.

Only way I bench Howell is if the defense is top 5 and you are about to lose the locker room if you don't.
I have information on Lamar.
He won't get any real offers until the draft or soon thereafter. Right now teams aren't willing to give up draft capital beginning this year. The thinking happens to be one where Lamar refuses to sign the current tag and the 2024/2025 first-round picks become compensation. There are six teams interested in doing business with Jackson, and Washington is one of them.
Why? because the cost to move up in the draft next year for Washington will be far more than two number ones, especially if they are going to finish at their usual 7,8,9 win range or better.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't get any real offers until the draft or soon thereafter. Right now teams aren't willing to give up draft capital beginning this year. The thinking happens to be one where Lamar refuses to sign the current tag and the 2024/2025 first-round picks become compensation. There are six teams interested in doing business with Jackson, and Washington is one of them.
Why? because the cost to move up in the draft next year for Washington will be far more than two number ones, especially if they are going to finish at their usual 7,8,9 win range or better.
Whoa!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, SH must be better than JB and, right now he isn't!

SH needs a chance to play. He played well in the Dallas game. He should be the starter for week 1. JB is the insurance policy if SH implodes.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thought, if we make the trade for Jackson its a win big or go home season for Ron no matter what. He is already likely on the hot seat.

Trading for a Franchise QB means nothing short of a playoffs run will save his job. And backing in with a 9-7 record and losing in the wild card round wont save him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SH needs a chance to play. He played well in the Dallas game. He should be the starter for week 1. JB is the insurance policy if SH implodes.
Nothing is automatic in this league! SH, if he is as some here thinks, MUST earn his spot! If he can't beat out JB then he doesn't deserve the chance to start.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thought, if we make the trade for Jackson its a win big or go home season for Ron no matter what. He is already likely on the hot seat.

Trading for a Franchise QB means nothing short of a playoffs run will save his job. And backing in with a 9-7 record and losing in the wild card round wont save him.
I agree!
Further, for those who remember I never wanted the hire and literally advocated for his removal after his first season.
Jackson wins 70% of his games and is among some of the best in NFL history.

1679253906580.jpeg

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is automatic in this league! SH, if he is as some here thinks, MUST earn his spot! If he can't beat out JB then he doesn't deserve the chance to start.

True, but I think RR will give him that chance and be the starter in Week 1. SH would have to being really bad in camp and preseason. Let me ask you this, who will make the QB1 call, EB or RR?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know what the ceiling is with Brissett. We aren't winning a SB with him. They made their bed by not going after Aaron or Lamar.

This year should be about Howell. They should allow him to have a stinker or two, or three without benching him.

Only way I bench Howell is if the defense is top 5 and you are about to lose the locker room if you don't.
It would be my preference that Sam wins the gig with a strong OTA/preseason performance, but even if that comes to pass. You think the Skins have a shot at winning a SB with SH at QB?

And lets face it. Making beneficial trades that work for the Skins for whatever reason. Is something multiple FOs have been unable to do. I shudder to think what the Skins would've ended up giving away had someone in the FO got it in their head they needed or wanted Rodgers or Lamar.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be my preference that Sam wins the gig with a strong OTA/preseason performance, but even if that comes to pass. You think the Skins have a shot at winning a SB with SH at QB?

And lets face it. Making beneficial trades that work for the Skins for whatever reason. Is something multiple FOs have been unable to do. I shudder to think what the Skins would've ended up giving away had someone in the FO got it in their head they needed or wanted Rodgers or Lamar.
I have no idea what this team can and will do with Sam. That's the scary part. I do think if you drop Mahomes, Burrow, or even Herbert onto this roster, we'd be contenders.....maybe even favorites in the NFC. You could say that about a lot of teams when it comes to those QBs though.

I think this is the best roster top to bottom since Gibbs 2.0

Gruden and Kirk never had a defense like this.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I think RR will give him that chance and be the starter in Week 1. SH would have to being really bad in camp and preseason. Let me ask you this, who will make the QB1 call, EB or RR?
I have zero confidence in Ron Rivera, especially when it comes to the QB position. His #1 priority for years has been to finally fill the QB void here in D.C. His answers have been Fitzpatrick, Wentz, Allen, and Heinicke.

The QB1 call will be made by Rivera with a lot of input from EB. I know this because it's Rivera who bought the groceries for EB to work with. I dislike bringing this up but like the Wince situation, Rivera will at some point want to prove himself correct... this time with Howell, even though I believe that Brissett is the better QB at this point in their careers.

Howell could prove to be the better QB in the long run, but the odds are against that happening. (
1. He's a rookie
2. He has one year to prove himself
3. I'm not sure that they are finished acquiring QBs because trade and the draft offer them options.
4. New ownership next year and changes will definitely occur.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell played ok against Dallas. I wouldn't day played well.

He had some great plays but then some head scratches. He didn't even throw for 200 yards against a team that was looking toward the playoffs.

I am pulling for howell, but if brissett beats him out, so be it.

That is why I am disappointed in free agency at this point. Can anyone honestly say that the team did all they could to get howell protected?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero confidence in Ron Rivera, especially when it comes to the QB position. His #1 priority for years has been to finally fill the QB void here in D.C. His answers have been Fitzpatrick, Wentz, Allen, and Heinicke.

The QB1 call will be made by Rivera with a lot of input from EB. I know this because it's Rivera who bought the groceries for EB to work with. I dislike bringing this up but like the Wince situation, Rivera will at some point want to prove himself correct... this time with Howell, even though I believe that Brissett is the better QB at this point in their careers.

Howell could prove to be the better QB in the long run, but the odds are against that happening. (
1. He's a rookie
3. I'm not sure that they are finished acquiring QBs because trade and the draft offer them options.
The prosecution rests your honor.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. He's a rookie
My confidence in Rivera was simply this.

If we could avoid the injury bug, we would have a damn good defense.

My question was, would it be good enough to cover for what has been a litany of average to below average QBs.

So far returns have been mixed. I would be fine if his parting gift was to solidify the D-line for the next 3-4 seasons, have 2-3 legit corners, and a LB/Safety group that makes us a consistent top 5 Defense.

If next year EB ends up being the Head Coach with a defense like I hope for... I wouldnt be pissed.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My question was, would it be good enough to cover for what has been a litany of average to below average QBs.

So far returns have been mixed. I would be fine if his parting gift was to solidify the D-line for the next 3-4 seasons, have 2-3 legit corners, and a LB/Safety group that makes us a consistent top 5 Defense.

If next year EB ends up being the Head Coach with a defense like I hope for... I wouldnt be pissed.
I keep trying to convince you to submit your resume to the new owner when the sale is finalized but you haven't taken me up on the offer.

Our offense would be known as "The Shark Attack" in honor of the great head coach..Sharkinva!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SH has to beat out JB . It has to happen or RR will lose the team

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't be pissed either, in fact, I wanted EB as HC for a couple of years now.

It's puzzling to note that two former linebackers (Rivera and JDR) don't have a much better linebacking group.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SH has to beat out JB . It has to happen or RR will lose the team
I agree, but the winner in training camp still might not get the starting nod. Players know, and decisions made despite this are exactly what you're referring to when you speak of losing the locker room. Pulling for SH to show something promising.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have know idea what SH is or isn’t . I don’t care about the history of picks this late . Anything can happen but let’s simply be cautious about expectations

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera has never been a good judge of qbs outside Newton. It is not his strength. In 12 years, he has acquired and developed 1 qb only.

His strength is player relationships and getting players to perform to the best of their abilities....mostly on defense.

His strategy has been

Year 1: Give haskins a shot, then Allen, then TH
Year 2: Sign an over the hill Fitzpatrick, then go to TH
Year 3: Bring in Wentz to save the offense, then go to TH
Year 4: Roll with Howell and Brissett..may the best man win.

I am shocked he did not resign TH as TH has literally finished his first 3 seasons as his #1 starter at qb.

I don't understand your reply in correlation with what i said to DJ, but i totally totally agree.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He absolutely has to earn his spot. But if he can’t beat out JB, we have bigger problems. JB is not the savior of this team, but was brought in to provide vet support In the case of implosion by SH. JB isn’t leading this team to the playoffs. The question is can SH.

Drsftva QB every year until we finally hit on one. Then draft one the next year just to be sure…..