• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It (1990) (Stephen King)

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son got his first viewing on the movie IT.

There are somethings you wish your kids wouldn't see at such a young age and that movie is one of them.
I am a grown ass man and I hate clowns because of IT.

I was proud of him that he told me that he watched it at a friends house, he could have held the terrible secret to himself. I tell my boys they will never get in trouble for telling the truth.

The look on his face when he told me "Dad we watched a scary movie today called IT" was priceless just a terrified look of WTF did I just see.

There are somethings you wish your kids wouldn't see at such a young age and that movie is one of them.
I am a grown ass man and I hate clowns because of IT.

I was proud of him that he told me that he watched it at a friends house, he could have held the terrible secret to himself. I tell my boys they will never get in trouble for telling the truth.

The look on his face when he told me "Dad we watched a scary movie today called IT" was priceless just a terrified look of WTF did I just see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My twin boys (13) recently stayed at a friends house and they told me they watched the 1st Halloween. My first reaction was a little angry but then I though about it and I think I watched it when I was around that age and loved it so it wasnt' the biggest deal. They said they laughed through the whole thing, didn't understand why people kept getting killed by somebody who only walked around. "Why didn't people just run"? All I could do was laugh.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My twin boys (13) recently stayed at a friends house and they told me they watched the 1st Halloween. My first reaction was a little angry but then I though about it and I think I watched it when I was around that age and loved it so it wasnt' the biggest deal. They said they laughed through the whole thing, didn't understand why people kept getting killed by somebody who only walked around. "Why didn't people just run"? All I could do was laugh.

I have a 12 year old son myself and things have happened here and there (scary movies, tornado etc.) that I would've thought would have bothered him but really didn't seem to phase him much. I figure it has something to do with what they're exposed to on a regular basis now, whether it be the news or just tv in general/life in general, is a little different even from when I was a kid (80's-early 90's) and stuff just doesn't bother them like it would have some of us.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a 12 year old son myself and things have happened here and there (scary movies, tornado etc.) that I would've thought would have bothered him but really didn't seem to phase him much. I figure it has something to do with what they're exposed to on a regular basis now, whether it be the news or just tv in general/life in general, is a little different even from when I was a kid (80's-early 90's) and stuff just doesn't bother them like it would have some of us.

yep, I think you're right with the news, tv etc. Plus, video games now are more violent than any of the 80's slasher movies.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daughter Log: Day 2596

My Daughter is 7 and has been talking about gutting a deer for a couple years now.... often using her imagination to add some gruesome detail. I'm starting to become concerned that this is an obsession for her. I may be raising a female serial killer.... very rare.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

roger that

kids are desensitized to violence these days

when I was a kid watching movies or TV, all someone had to to was point a gun at someone, shoot, and that person would fall down giving everyone the impression that he is dead. Now, if you don't see gore, you are left disappointed

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Daughter is 7 and has been talking about gutting a deer for a couple years now.... often using her imagination to add some gruesome detail. I'm starting to become concerned that this is an obsession for her. I may be raising a female serial killer.... very rare.

Yikes. On a side note, I was watching some Duck Dynasty re-runs the other night and Mrs. Kay was about to make her own version of a turducken with her grand daughters and she had a some dead varmits on the counter one of which was a little pig. As I was watching I heard one of the grand daughters say "I want to feel the inside of that pig." or something to that effect. Struck me as rather odd.

:suspicious:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yikes. On a side note, I was watching some Duck Dynasty re-runs the other night and Mrs. Kay was about to make her own version of a turducken with her grand daughters and she had a some dead varmits on the counter one of which was a little pig. As I was watching I heard one of the grand daughters say "I want to feel the inside of that pig." or something to that effect. Struck me as rather odd.

:suspicious:
LOL, I'm not actually too concerned.... she's just following in my footsteps.... *evil grin while holding butcher knife behind back*

J/K, she wants to go deer hunting when she turns 11. I told her that part of hunting is dressing down/cleaning the animal and using as many parts as possible so that we aren't wasteful. She's seen my neighbor and I dismantle a couple of bucks including boiling down the skull. She thought the whole process was pretty interesting and had a number of anatomy questions. All good stuff. But its easy to frame her comments as something concerning... which is kind of fun and entertaining.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I'm not actually too concerned.... she's just following in my footsteps.... *evil grin while holding butcher knife behind back*

J/K, she wants to go deer hunting when she turns 11. I told her that part of hunting is dressing down/cleaning the animal and using as many parts as possible so that we aren't wasteful. She's seen my neighbor and I dismantle a couple of bucks including boiling down the skull. She thought the whole process was pretty interesting and had a number of anatomy questions. All good stuff. But its easy to frame her comments as something concerning... which is kind of fun and entertaining.

It's a good real world education in something that could benefit her greatly in the future. I think it's kinda cool she doesn't mind watching and learning, gives y'all some quality time together too.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good real world education in something that could benefit her greatly in the future. I think it's kinda cool she doesn't mind watching and learning, gives y'all some quality time together too.
Definitely a positive for numerous reasons. Makes me pretty proud that she isn't a squeamish little priss.... still a girly girl, but isn't afraid to get her hands dirty.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ted Nugent will be sending you guys an invite for your daughter to appear on his show.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt it RustyKuntz that had the IT clown avatar?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also afraid of clowns, but it wasn't IT that did it for me. It was the movie poltergeist when that little clown doll was moving around the girls room.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also afraid of clowns, but it wasn't IT that did it for me. It was the movie poltergeist when that little clown doll was moving around the girls room.

Hi OregonDucks

Dolls-Poltergeist1.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still my favorite horror flick of all time.

I was PETRIFIED of trees for the longest time after that movie. And closets too.