• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency/Off Season Thread

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bk Riley has done a very nice job since LBJ left in signing guys and keeping us competitive. No argument there. I guess a C grade could be a little low, but I think an A is too high, so maybe a B/B-. And as i stated before its simply because you lost the best player in the game. I know that isnt probably Rileys fault, but it still happened. My reason for giving him a lower grade is simply because as a GM there had to be some inkling to what was going on. Wade had to have known something and spoken to him, i dont believe for a second that he had no clue that LBJ was leaving. I posted LBJ was leaving a week prior to him announcing it, and it was a guess, it was certain. I posted that my gf's friend in Miami is part of LBJs circle, she told her and posted it on her FB page that LBJ announced to his friends what he was doing. He was certain. I believe when his wife posted that comment about going back home, was actually in regards to that. He decided then. So my only issue is Riley just didnt want to listen to the signs and let too many FAs that could have really helped just slip through his fingers while he waited for LBJ. But yes I did say after last season when we won that we needed to make some roster upgrades. I think all of us here have been saying the same thing for years. We need a true big man and a true PG. That was nothing new.

but ok besides that.. Would a guy like Fab melo be a good fit on this team? I know he has personal issues, but Riley, Spo have done a good job with those type of guys.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monroe would have to be a sign and trade.. what could we give them? I dont think we have enough value to offer

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat have signed Shawne Williams.

Per Ira Winderman

Former LA Faker. Chances of bringing back Beas are flying away

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my only issue is Riley just didnt want to listen to the signs and let too many FAs that could have really helped just slip through his fingers while he waited for LBJ.

It is kinda silly to blame Riles for this - Silly to blame anyone for that matter. The pussy just wanted to leave . Riles did everything he could within reason and it wasnt good enough for Queen James.

Riles has made enough sacrifices for the better of this organization - he wasnt going to go much further with it if Queen James wasnt willing to do the same.

As I have asked many times- when are we going to hold players accountable? I am beyond happy that Riley didnt bow down to the demands of Queen James. Players , play. Coaches, coach. And front office folks are task with putting a team together so the latter two can do their job as best as possible ... the coaches and FO did their part in this one.. Queen James wanted to make it all about him benefitting and not caring about anyone else.

Glad he’s gone... We dont need people like that in this organization. The Heat will and have recovered from this time and again - Queen James will be the one regretting the move.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Williams over Beasley? I just dont see how or why... Beasley has a much bigger upside and he knows the system.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the moment it sure looks like the Michael Beasley spot is now the Shawne Williams spot. Heat roster now at 13. Regular-season limit 15.

Per Ira Winderman

Spo and Riles have talked about making this team as versatile as possible - so my question is, even with this move why not still bring back Beas and have some competition to see who wins the role . I would say the Heat can now bring Beas back for the purposes of competition and fill the other two spots with other guys - still think this spells the end of Oden but doesnt have to be the end of Beas

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
avalon, i dont think the move should suggest the Heat are giving up on Beas - but the guy is being sought after by other teams - after what happened/almost happend in the early days of FA where we lost Queen James and almost lost Bosh - I think Riles is adding guys just to be safe and making sure he doesnt miss out on guys in case his first options arent available. Remember, for camp, the rosters can hold up 20 players - so we still have time to add and I am sure we will.

When the roster limit is 15 as opposed to what it is in other sports, it is hard to fill spots and have all the depth in the world. Teams will always be loaded at one position and lacking at another.

Thats just the nature of an NBA roster

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Targeting Ray Allen - Heat Nation

After reading.. maybe I am jumping the gun thinking we have a chance. Sounds more like the Heat saying we want him. As my grandfather used to say "want into one hand and shit into the other and see which one fills up first."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big signing. He's going to be an end of the bench type of player

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when he used to call Lebron his brother? I don't care what anyone say. Bosh & Wade are bothered by it because they look at it as Lebron thinking they're not good enough anymore

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed bk.. they used to be brothers, now theyre friends. They arent happy with him and i like it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Queen James is now the ugly, annoying little sister

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George broke his leg badly in team USA scrimmage. He will be out a long time. Pacers are screwed. Hope the dude makes a complete recovery. Hate to see any player hurt.. especially in an exhibition game.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Paul George broke his leg badly in team USA scrimmage. He will be out a long time. Pacers are screwed. Hope the dude makes a complete recovery. Hate to see any player hurt.. especially in an exhibition game.
Totally sucks and unfortunate. I wish him all the best. Seems like he could miss the whole season. Feel bad for the young man.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no idea on the timeframe of this injury. Clearly both bones in the leg were broke completely through. I don't think we see him till 2015-2016 season. If somehow he came back next year for playoffs no way he could be in NBA shape or playing ability with that injury. I feel really bad for the young man and pacer fans.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Paul George

Horrific injury. Hearing he had successful surgery earlier today. But expected to be out the entire season. Doubtful of a miracle return for the playoffs even as young as he is.

Hurts the Pacers chances big time

Hope he has the best recovery possible.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade and Bosh should feel insulted by what Lebron did. He basically told them they're not worth shit anymore. I love Wade's response and I have a feeling this team will play with a chip on their shoulder this upcoming season. I recommend reading Greg Coate's article from the Miami Herald. It describes the Heat's mentality as it relates to the Cavs and Lebron. Pretty much they're now considered our rival and we want to knock their ass out of the playoffs when the time comes.

Also, as has been mentioned. It sucks for Paul George. He's a rival, but it was great seeing him on the court as competition breeds excellence. I hope he fully recovers, but he will miss the playoffs and the Pacers are screwed with no Lance and no Paul George.