• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made me laugh when the commentator mentioned how well Kiser was playing. Uh, yea, GB’s defense makes almost all QBs look like world beaters. Nobody, I mean nobody is afraid of The Packers defense.

This will sound bad but I’m hoping we have seen the last of House on this defense. I pray he is ok but I don’t want to see him in green and gold ever again.

He can still play IMO, did a good job on Evans last week. At this point it's week to week for us, I'm just glad we are still alive for a playoff berth.

I'll never bitch out and hope to lose for better draft position.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can still play IMO, did a good job on Evans last week. At this point it's week to week for us, I'm just glad we are still alive for a playoff berth.

I'll never bitch out and hope to lose for better draft position.

To be honest, I’m torn. The fan in me wants to see a win no matter what. Then there’s that little voice in me saying,” if they end up with a losing record, maybe they can finally get some better talent to get them over the hump.” I know i should be thankful that GB has been seeing the post season for several years in a row now but I truly believe that it’s been the defense that they haven’t ended up with another Lombardi trophy.

Picking close to last in the draft for years now has been taking a toll on this team. I’m not a fan of TT. Draft and develop has its place but you shouldn’t solely rely on it. TT’s strategy is get as many picks as he can so hopefully at least one or two pan out. The old mentality, Throw enough mud at the wall...........

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Bleachers Report:

1. The only thing that would prevent the Packers from turning on the jets with Rodgers in charge is a defense that has frequently played at a subpar level, appearing confused on coverage assignments and struggling to get a consistent pass rush going.

“Confused on coverage assignments” we have been seeing this for years. :rolleyes2:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Bleachers Report:

1. The only thing that would prevent the Packers from turning on the jets with Rodgers in charge is a defense that has frequently played at a subpar level, appearing confused on coverage assignments and struggling to get a consistent pass rush going.

“Confused on coverage assignments” we have been seeing this for years. :rolleyes2:
Is it confused or not believing in what they're doing. Capers really needs to go...

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Panthers will be to much for the defense on Sunday. With the injuries, inconsistent pass rush and mis matches in the secondary, its going to be a long day for GB. I wonder how many screens Carolina will run?

Maybe they surprise us and play lights out........they have shown flashes but mostly against teams worse than them. I wish I could be more up beat but my confidence level isn't very high right now.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question? how do you not cover the RB out of the back field? This is why Capers has to go.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a new one. Carolina got a 1st down without snapping the ball. that's it. I'm glad Rodgers is back but this defense is going to get him killed cuz they cant stop shit. I cant watch this POS defense any more.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season over.

No surprise really. The defense had its moments but in the end the ints, inferior defensive scheme, subpar defensive talent and coaching wouldn’t allow this squad to beat a decent team. I pray for major changes in the offseason. Let Hundley finish the season.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From JSonline:

Silverstein: Packers show they're capable of teasing but not contending
If Aaron Rodgers had led the offense to a second touchdown in less than 3 minutes and the Packers had won the coin flip in overtime and scored a touchdown to pull out a miracle victory to improve to 8-6, it would have been merely a reprieve.

It would have lasted until the Minnesota Vikings or Detroit Lions or some playoff opponent brought them back to reality with a slap in the face. They would have packed up their bags, noted how close they got again and then gotten ready to do it again.

General manager Ted Thompson’s anachronistic approach to talent acquisition has left them exposed at one specific position or area of athleticism or facet of the game at the end of every season since the Packers won their 13th championship in February 2011.

Every year it seems, they overcome a slew of injuries, rally to win the division or make the playoffs and then have their weaknesses picked at until it’s time to congratulate the opposition for moving on.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capers really does need to go. It's obvious to me that his scheme is not good. It's either too complex for these guys or they don't believe it. How many times do the DBs look at each other with the "you fucked up" look, how about the 12 men or 10 men on the field...or the RB running a simple swing pass for 30 yards because there is nobody on that side of the field. It's got to be over for him...it's just time to move on to something they can actually play and execute

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers didn't lose yesterday because of the defense. They lost because they were -4 in turnovers. They did well to stay within 7 points after losing the turnover battle that badly.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHY THE FUCK DIDN"T MCCARTHY CALL MORE RUN PLAYS?????????????????????

He has to go

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers didn't lose yesterday because of the defense. They lost because they were -4 in turnovers. They did well to stay within 7 points after losing the turnover battle that badly.

Yes and no. In the end the defense gave up 31 points. 7 of those points were due to one of the turnovers. The defense held up in spots which is their MO but they always have issues against veteran QBs. Olsen had 9 catches for over 100 yards. Once again, they cant defend the middle of the field. The RB running free out of the back field with no one near him is just inexcusable.

I know what you are getting at Vegas but its time to move on. If GB had the Vikings defense I think they would have won multiple Lombardi trophies by now.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHY THE FUCK DIDN"T MCCARTHY CALL MORE RUN PLAYS?????????????????????

He has to go
If they get blown out by Minny, and they just might, you might get your wish. Now if he actually keeps it close and somehow shows he's an actual coach, he'll probably be back...

All this is if Rodgers doesn't play

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get blown out by Minny, and they just might, you might get your wish. Now if he actually keeps it close and somehow shows he's an actual coach, he'll probably be back...

All this is if Rodgers doesn't play

Rodgers should sit. Nothing to play for. Let the non starters and bubble players show they belong. These last 2 games seem like a great opportunity for auditions.

For me, at the very least I think Capers and every coach on defense should lose their job. A bonus would be TT getting his walking papers. I don't see MM getting canned but he might be skating on thin ice next season.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a side note: Hayward and Hyde, 2 former defensive players for the Packers appear to be thriving with their respective teams. So much so, they have been selected to the pro bowl.

Here is another example of why Capers has to hang it up.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly showed that even losing the starting QB, a good defense and a decent back up can even get you thru a play off game. Kudos to the eagles.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly showed that even losing the starting QB, a good defense and a decent back up can even get you thru a play off game. Kudos to the eagles.

And now to the Super Bowl. Take note McArthy and company!