• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top two nfl defenses knocked out today

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top two nfl defenses knocked out today

I didn't think about that but yea, I think the inexperience got the Jags. I don't know what happened to minny. Their defense was shaky in the playoffs for some reason. They were solid all year and then.......?

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical MN sports teams. Their MO is to shit the bed when it counts. Vikes, Wild, T wolves and Twins all do it

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical MN sports teams. Their MO is to shit the bed when it counts. Vikes, Wild, T wolves and Twins all do it
Frankly I am ok with all of them doing that. Although without KG I dont mind the T-Wolves

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Norse Vikings never wore horns on their helmets. Take them away from the Minnesota Vikings and they'd just be a team of purple helmets.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think this defense will be any different then the past several years?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It better be, and if it isn't you can probably say goodbye to McCarthy.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect we will play more press man coverage instead of the predictable zones that competent opposing QBs were previously picking apart with ease. We've got a solid collection of corners now too. Those two things combined should cause QBs hold the ball a second longer which should allow our front seven to get home a little more often.

In short, yes, I think our pass defense will be more effective.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Improved pass rush and scheme and much more talent at DB.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Improved pass rush and scheme and much more talent at DB.

I’m not to sure about the pass rush. GB doesn’t have a very good LB’r group. I also don’t have a whole lot of faith in House. The rookies will have too show their worth immediately.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not to sure about the pass rush. GB doesn’t have a very good LB’r group. I also don’t have a whole lot of faith in House. The rookies will have too show their worth immediately.

I expect House to be a rotational Nickel and Dime back whose playing time decreases as the season progresses. He's a temporary placeholder for King, Alexander and Jackson who - if not already - will be above him in the depth chart soon.

I think we see some combination of King, Alexander and Jackson exclusively manning-up on opposing top WRs by the end of the season. Tramon will be the primary Nickel and Dime guy covering TEs.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This scheme is different. The additional pass rush will come from the DL imo.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they stay healthy I feel good about the defense. If Wilkerson plays like he did with Pettine back in NY the Dline should be great with Clark, Daniels, and Wilkerson and Lowery is not half bad either. Health is the thing with the Linebackers if Matthews and Perry stay healthy they arent half bad. Not as good as younger years but should be adequate. The back end should be much improved and then when you add in Pettine who has always had his D ranked in the top 10 when he has been a D coordinator this unit should be much improved.

The middle linebacker situation will hopefully be ok with Oren Burks ready from what they are saying but if not the GM was able to get experienced middle linebackers with Toomer and Morrison who have been starters and have lead previos teams they played for in tackles for the season. It is not like Thompson where they would most likely replace Ryan with some young guy that needs to be developed.

The last time the Pack had a top 10 ranked D they won the Super Bowl. In the last 4 years the Packer D has been ranked like 25th, 23rd, 32cnd and 15th. With stats like that it is not hard to improve and if Pettine can get a top 10 D things should be looking good. Another thing to consider is that the last time Rogers was an MVP his O coordinator was Philbin who is now back.

Last edited:

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting the D to be better but health will play a yuge factor. OLB is very thin so if Matthews and Perry stay on the field we should push for a top 10 D imo. Jackson will be a stud this year

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points fellas. My biggest concern will be the pass rush. If the front seven don’t create any pressure average qbs will have a field day just like for the past 6-7 years. I think the new DB’s will do well. Just praying for a decent pass rush.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This D is shit...they still don't cover anybody out of the backfield to the outside...the Bears could've gotten their RBs 200 yards receiving each...just run all go with the WR and TE, flare the back out and they'll get 8 to 50 yards per play if they make someone miss or break a tackle..and they play the run like shit with their 2 3 6 or whatever the fuck that crap was they opened up with...and they can't rush the passer...unless of course they get their late and get a roughing call...which is straight up chicken crap when they do... Pettine must be Caper's younger brother or son or some shit cuz I've seen this shit for 10 years and it sucks

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of those bitching about the defense

The Bears had 294 yards of offense. 146 of that came on the first two drives. They gained 148 over the next 8 drives. That is a great adjustment once they got used to their lateral speed. They also got two garbage Roughing the Passer penalties, the one on CMIII was legit and he is dumb.

They only got one offensive TD all game and the defense gave up 17 all game. That is a great start compared to last year.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D gave up some 3rd down conversions when they needed a stop late in the 4th Q but held them to a field goal and preserved an attainable 6-point deficit. They closed the door after the long Cobb TD despite the roughing-the-passer call. I liked creative aggressive blitzing at the end of the game instead of the passive zones we often saw out of Capers.

It's only one game, but I think it's a step in a positive direction for the defense.

Now let's hope our offensive line can get their crap together or Rodgers is going to be riding a cart next week too.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D gave up some 3rd down conversions when they needed a stop late in the 4th Q but held them to a field goal and preserved an attainable 6-point deficit. They closed the door after the long Cobb TD despite the roughing-the-passer call. I liked creative aggressive blitzing at the end of the game instead of the passive zones we often saw out of Capers.

It's only one game, but I think it's a step in a positive direction for the defense.

Now let's hope our offensive line can get their crap together or Rodgers is going to be riding a cart next week too.
I thought the DBs did very well after the first two drives. The long play to Robinson was unfortunate but Alexander was there but just barely out of reach.

The play by Gilbert to pick up Cohen out of the backfield was a game saver.