• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye Bye Monty?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only 25 and some even called him "elite" on this board so it would be SHOCKING if the Bears let him walk, right? Latest rumor indicate Monty will leave if Monty is not willing to take a team friendly contract. Personally, I'm not shedding a tear over this. He's always just been AVERAGE, not "elite".

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only 25 and some even called him "elite" on this board so it would be SHOCKING if the Bears let him walk, right? Latest rumor indicate Monty will leave if Monty is not willing to take a team friendly contract. Personally, I'm not shedding a tear over this. He's always just been AVERAGE, not "elite".
Very few "elite" running backs in the league right now in my opinion. Chubb, Taylor, Henry and McCaffery and yea, Montgomery isn't one of those. However, I do not believe he is asking for money like one of those, at least not to my knowledge. Bears have cap room to spare, he knows the system, he is very serviceable and I like him more than his back up. Lets see how this plays out.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m okay with him walking. Not okay if they instead spend the money on Barkley.

Role with Herbert and draft a RB with a mid round pick.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m okay with him walking. Not okay if they instead spend the money on Barkley.

Role with Herbert and draft a RB with a mid round pick.
I agree completely. Some here actually wanting to sign Barkley makes me shake my head. How clueless do you have to be to understanding this team to want to sign Saquon Barkley?? Absolutely makes no sense. I repeat: We have the dumbest fans.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley was franchise tagged...We were never signing him anyway.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Monty, he's a likable player, but not irreplaceable...I guess we'll see what happens. I'd say like 40/60 we re-sign him. If he goes, I'll miss the "YAC" talking point the announcers have pounded home about him every game since he was drafted...Positive note about that, he did kinda reinforce it with his play with us...so that's nice. Sure beats the ol' "offensive genius that nets us two touchdowns a game" buttonhook that we've been duped by over and over again for the past few decades.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles signs Barkley now,he needs fired........