• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some key names to follow for the way-way-too-early '24 draft

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bluff won't be needed at all. The #1 draft pick will receive the largest rookie contract next year. And being a quarterback, Williams or Maye or whichever QB lands at #1 will likely be able to add some additional coinage to that contract just because of the position itself. Bottom line, he'll play for the team that drafts him.

I believe you are right.......money talks,bullshit walks......

If he was staying,he would of already announced it.....Hes gotta realize Carolina is not gonna win anytime soon and Bears are picking first......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the latest of what will be a boatload of comparisons between QBs Caleb Williams and Drake Maye in the coming months. These two continue to rank at the very top of QBs in the '24 draft, with many boards having them slotted to be taken 1 & 2 overall, respectively:

This is why if the Bears intend to dump Fields and grab a QB with their 1st pick, it really shouldn't matter to any great degree whether we end up with the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft - one of these guys will be there. Naturally having the 1st pick gives Poles a bit more flexibility, which especially applies if he intends to trade it out. But this remains to be seen.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't look now but.............

The Heisman Award winner is still TBD, but this one focuses soley on the best QB and it was Daniels, not Williams or Maye who received it. This is the guy to keep in mind if Poles ends up trading his 1st pick back to grab more draft capital. Here's an insane set of stats I spotted on X regarding this kid:

On throws 20 yards or longer:
63% completion rate
22 TDs
0 INTs
146.8 passer rating

These are all national bests.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't look now but.............

The Heisman Award winner is still TBD, but this one focuses soley on the best QB and it was Daniels, not Williams or Maye who received it. This is the guy to keep in mind if Poles ends up trading his 1st pick back to grab more draft capital. Here's an insane set of stats I spotted on X regarding this kid:

On throws 20 yards or longer:
63% completion rate
22 TDs
0 INTs
146.8 passer rating

These are all national bests.

Hes a 5th year senior.....not sure why and if its good or bad.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the latest of what will be a boatload of comparisons between QBs Caleb Williams and Drake Maye in the coming months. These two continue to rank at the very top of QBs in the '24 draft, with many boards having them slotted to be taken 1 & 2 overall, respectively:

This is why if the Bears intend to dump Fields and grab a QB with their 1st pick, it really shouldn't matter to any great degree whether we end up with the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft - one of these guys will be there. Naturally having the 1st pick gives Poles a bit more flexibility, which especially applies if he intends to trade it out. But this remains to be seen.

I definetley do not wanna see Poles trading down on either first rounders.....If hes trading,Fields is the answer for additional pick or two.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes a 5th year senior.....not sure why and if its good or bad.
Zero concerns over his age. QBs that have a long career in the NFL often play well into their late 30s and even early 40s. If there's a concern for Daniels, it could be his physique. He's 6'4 and maybe 215 soaking wet. That's a bit on the thin side. His frame could easily stand an extra 10 lbs or so, but would that slow him down or more importantly, would that extra weight affect his cuts when he's running in the open field? Not sure if you've caught any of his game film highlights, but no QB in college or the pros for that matter can make the cuts he does when running at top speed. You might expect that from a short, shifty RB perhaps, but not a QB.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definetley do not wanna see Poles trading down on either first rounders.....If hes trading,Fields is the answer for additional pick or two.......
I think we all agree that if Fields is traded, Poles will most certainly use one of those two 1st rounders on a QB, and my guess is it would be the first of those two. OTOH, if Poles plans to keep him around for another year at least, I'd be more than open to him trading down in exchange for more draft capital - perhaps a trade that would net him a 1st round in '25. I could get use to having two 1st round picks each year. :dance:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we trudge thru these final five weeks of the regular season, fans like us Bears faithful (as in observers only with respect to the post season) will continue to see articles pop up here and there over the top players at various positions. And with us holding what should be two of the top 10 picks, maybe even top 5, we'll likely get more than our fair share of these. Here's one from the Sun-Times that offers a pretty solid take on the most likely candidates for our two selections:

Names like Harrison Jr, Williams, and Maye are constants, but there are others here who could come into play, especially with our 2nd pick if we move back on the draft with a couple of wins. Makes for worthwhile reading.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all getting insane. 1100 in the transfer portal, now even Harrison claims he can make 20 million if he stays in school and get his big ten (or what is it now 20 teams?) championship.

Heres a novel idea, how about you say fuck you to a 250K a year scholarship and decide to transfer because you can make all this money now, how about you transfer, you pay your way? Used to have to sit out a year if you transferred, but now, pay your way and how about we take that 250 and split it up and give tuition to 4 or 5 deserving STUDENTS. Someone that might make the world better. OK 250K might be high, but I think 80 is just tuition at some of these big schools, then you get room and board, and just about everything you need, that adds dollars.

NFL does not want to have to have a minor league system and that cost, so they dont care what happens. But these players? Sure, make your millions in school because its more than your rookie deal will pay you, but then you are a year farther away from your first free agent contract that is worth those 20 million IF YOU PROVE YOU CAN DO IT.

Anyway, off the soap box. Find our needs. Everyone says you can get a center in the third round. Well, your biggest need is center, so instead of drafting that name DE or DT or a new OT, any will be a backup, how about you get that guy. Then in the third, get a C who can play G, not a G who can play center and he is your backup. Every great offense has a great center, not fill in guys. I am not saying your number 1 pick,, but you decide to deal that again, you can even move later in the first to get that center. Right now we have 1 and 5 in the first, then nothing until the third where you will have a better choice than third best center on the board. Just waiting that long, my bet we have no drafted center again.

Go to free agency, is there an upgrade if you see the #9 guy on that list?
  1. Connor Williams, Miami Dolphins
  2. Andre James, Las Vegas Raiders
  3. Lloyd Cushenberry, Denver Broncos
  4. Tyler Biadasz, Dallas Cowboys
  5. Coleman Shelton, Los Angeles Rams
  6. Evan Brown, Seattle Seahawks
  7. Connor McGovern, New York Jets
  8. Trystan Colon, Arizona Cardinals
  9. Sam Mustipher, Baltimore Ravens
  10. Ryan Jensen, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
daniels has to be number 1 now.with so many qbs coming out,harrisson should stay at osu and be number 1 in 2025

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
daniels has to be number 1 now.with so many qbs coming out,harrisson should stay at osu and be number 1 in 2025
I don't think there's a ghost's chance in hell that Harrison returns to OS next year. And even if he did, the odds would still likely be against him taken 1st in the '25 draft because next year there will be more QBs ready to be taken by losing teams sorely in need of one. Besides, he could still possibly be the #1 pick in this year's draft, altho the only team I see taking him that high would be the Bears, and even that's assuming they stick with Fields.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, it's hard to blame these guys for sitting out this last game to avoid risking injury and hurting their draft status. But the selfish in us wants to see one last game, which will likely be telecast nationally, to get a really good look at someone who might be on their team's draft board.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one hit in a college game and he is a second round flyer on an injured, in rehab, player.

Kid right now is a top 5 pick, probably top 3, but only because QB play in the nfl has been atrocious. Soon many teams needing a QB. Hell, the way Goff played Sunday add Detroit to that list.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one hit in a college game and he is a second round flyer on an injured, in rehab, player.

Kid right now is a top 5 pick, probably top 3, but only because QB play in the nfl has been atrocious. Soon many teams needing a QB. Hell, the way Goff played Sunday add Detroit to that list.
I think Detroit has always had one eye open on Goff, even when he's played pretty well. He can be good and at times come close to flirting with great. But like Fields, a lack of consistency has dogged his career. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Lions use one of their first three picks on a QB.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to free agency, is there an upgrade if you see the #9 guy on that list?
  1. Connor Williams, Miami Dolphins
**GULP** Williams is out for the season with a torn ACL. Not sure if this works in the Bears favor or not. Williams was for me the top FA target this offseason or at least should have been. Think I read somewhere that he's the second highest ranked center in the league (I'm guessing the Lions Frank Ragnow is #1). Had he not suffered this injury, it wouldn't have surprised me at all if the Dolphins made every reasonable attempt to re-sign him. They still might try, depending now how he progresses in the offseason. But that same 'if' also applies to the Bears. Can't see them chasing damaged goods unless there's a clear indication that he'll be ready to go next year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in the event for whatever reason Poles chooses the draft vs free agency to find the right man to snap the ball next year, there seems to be a consensus top 3 centers in this year's draft. Not as deep as last year's, but these three are considered NFL-ready from day one.

1. Sedrick Van Pran, Georgia
2. Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon
3. Zach Frazier, West Virginia

We have to keep in mind of course that the soonest Poles would take one is in the 3rd round. No way in hell will he use either of our first two picks on this position and of course we don't have a 2nd round. It's possible that if Poles gets involved with a trade down, we could end up with a 2nd round pick, but that's really putting the cart before the horse at this juncture. Whether any or all of these three would last until the 3rd round is sketchy at best. Van Pran in particular seems to be the most hyped. Maybe one of them could fall.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this mock........as long as JF is still here.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a number of mocks lately showing exactly this trade down. Some have the Bears getting a bit more in the trade than what they have here, some have a bit less. My personal take is moving down two spots should net the Bears at the very least this year's 2nd round from them - after all, if I recall correctly, the Commanders have two picks in the 2nd this year, so including one of them should be a minimum must-have, plus other considerations.