• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some key names to follow for the way-way-too-early '24 draft

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a stress level( the lol rating) worded it wrong,but its more beating a dead horse on our situation.....So many sceanarios to where Im pretty much done talking about it until one of two things happens: a trade of JF or a trade down.......

And I never realized scoring has been down......never thought about it......

Id add a few great qbs going down: Cousins,Burrow and Rodgers......
Some teams being back and forth on who should be their starting qbs because their starters are bad.........That may contribute to the low scorinng tjis season......

Maybe something to look into.....
Sorry pal, but in the coming weeks/months I'm gonna throw so many scenarios out there that blood will literally seep out of your pores! Muahahahahaha!!!!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry pal, but in the coming weeks/months I'm gonna throw so many scenarios out there that blood will literally seep out of your pores! Muahahahahaha!!!!

Lol......
I dont expect any less.....and its more than just this site,all these talk shows have a 5 minute segment on the Bears offseason daily.......Its maddening I tellya

But I will still be here everyday.......looking forward to it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MHJ and Malik Nabers announced they won't be particpating in the combine. So dat's dat.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the top qbs taken in the draft last 9 years:

2023 Young - Stroud-Richardson
2022 - No one in top 20
2021 - Lawrence -Wilson - Lance - Fields
2020 Burrow - Tua -Herbert
2019 Kyler -Daniel Jones
2018 Baker - Darnold - Josh Allen - Rosen
2017 Mitch - Mahomes - Watson
2016 Goff - Wentz
2015 Winston - Mariota

Jury is still out on Young,no one could succeed in the abomination of a team......and it will probably be season 3 to actually find out what hes made of......

Take away 2022 and 2015,the very first pick of these drafts has been pretty succesful,unless his name is Mitch......
So I really like our chances with CW..........
Take away Trey Lance who I believe has not gotten a fair shake,take away Daniel Jones who also does not have a team around him other than Saquon,he could still have a productive career,the rest are trash,makes this years a very nice class of qbs I believe is gonna be very good to grest......

Even just take out 2015s class,that 12 of 19 qbs thats has productive careers or have shown promise......

I dont think we can lose out this year like back in 2017..........

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the top qbs taken in the draft last 9 years:

2023 Young - Stroud-Richardson
2022 - No one in top 20
2021 - Lawrence -Wilson - Lance - Fields
2020 Burrow - Tua -Herbert
2019 Kyler -Daniel Jones
2018 Baker - Darnold - Josh Allen - Rosen
2017 Mitch - Mahomes - Watson
2016 Goff - Wentz
2015 Winston - Mariota

Jury is still out on Young,no one could succeed in the abomination of a team......and it will probably be season 3 to actually find out what hes made of......

Take away 2022 and 2015,the very first pick of these drafts has been pretty succesful,unless his name is Mitch......
So I really like our chances with CW..........
Take away Trey Lance who I believe has not gotten a fair shake,take away Daniel Jones who also does not have a team around him other than Saquon,he could still have a productive career,the rest are trash,makes this years a very nice class of qbs I believe is gonna be very good to grest......

Even just take out 2015s class,that 12 of 19 qbs thats has productive careers or have shown promise......

I dont think we can lose out this year like back in 2017..........
So 56% of the picks at qb are decent. 44% suck.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 56% of the picks at qb are decent. 44% suck.

I would say its closer to 63%.......take away the 2015 season,take away Trey and Young,and yes that percentage is a lot higher......

Wentz,Rosen ,Darnold,Mitch,Zach Wilson are trash......

Trey Lance never got the chance if you ask me......rookie year he was behind Garroppolo,2nd season he earned starter,first game was vs the Bears in a monsoon with 40 mph winds,2nd game vs Seahwaks he threw 3 passes,2 complete for defore the injury ending season.......then traded to Dallas year 3......so who he really never got that chance.......so hes exempt from the trash pile.

Daniel Jones has shown he can be a legit starter,but the Giants have absolutley no one there to help.....shit wrs,crap oline no te.......so I think he is exempt from the trash pile......

Bryce Young is even in a worse scenario than Jones.....give Carolina to figure out that team to be able to actually see what he brings to the table.....so thr jury is still out.

Hell,it maybe a higher percentage of qbs taken that have succeeded......

And yes the jury is still out on Richardson too,but he showed promise before getting hurt.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already stated my top 3 receivers in the draft, in which I hope one will still be on the board at #9 are MHJ, Odunze, and Nabers. Of course we all know that MHJ is a for-sure goner by then, and it's growing more and more likely by the day that Odunze and Nabers will be as well. So if Poles doesn't take much action in free agency with respect to the WR spot, I'm adding a 4th name: Brian Thomas. Based on his production at LSU he was already considered a good bet to be taken somehwere in the teens. But now after his performace in the combine, I have no problems at all if Poles grabs him at #9. Dude is a friggin stud.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already stated my top 3 receivers in the draft, in which I hope one will still be on the board at #9 are MHJ, Odunze, and Nabers. Of course we all know that MHJ is a for-sure goner by then, and it's growing more and more likely by the day that Odunze and Nabers will be as well. So if Poles doesn't take much action in free agency with respect to the WR spot, I'm adding a 4th name: Brian Thomas. Based on his production at LSU he was already considered a good bet to be taken somehwere in the teens. But now after his performace in the combine, I have no problems at all if Poles grabs him at #9. Dude is a friggin stud.

I liked the time Thomas ran at 4.33 yesterday,good for 2nd on the list,I have not read much about him tho...
Hopefullyhe has all intangibles to go along with that speed,cause I do remember his name at like the 5th best wr coming out........just not sure if hes worth the 9th pick.......
If somehow JF is traded for a 2nd and he would be available,I would snag him up.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the time Thomas ran at 4.33 yesterday,good for 2nd on the list,I have not read much about him tho...
Hopefullyhe has all intangibles to go along with that speed,cause I do remember his name at like the 5th best wr coming out........just not sure if hes worth the 9th pick.......
If somehow JF is traded for a 2nd and he would be available,I would snag him up.......
There's no way Thomas will make it past the mid 1st round, let alone breaking into the 2nd. If you didn't watch his performances in the combine, I suggest catching them in YouTube, along with a lot of game tape from last season. I only added his name because for the longest time I thought only the top 3 WRs deserved a mention for our 9th pick. Not any longer, this kid is for real and I'd be thrilled if he was there and Poles grabbed him.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way Thomas will make it past the mid 1st round, let alone breaking into the 2nd. If you didn't watch his performances in the combine, I suggest catching them in YouTube, along with a lot of game tape from last season. I only added his name because for the longest time I thought only the top 3 WRs deserved a mention for our 9th pick. Not any longer, this kid is for real and I'd be thrilled if he was there and Poles grabbed him.

So you think he is no.9 worthy......??

What about his go to guy Brendan Rice.....??
Ladt I seen he was 19th rated and 20th rated wr coming out......I didnt see any of the combine yesterday cause I was busy,so Im hoping they got it on again this week sometime.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think he is no.9 worthy......??

What about his go to guy Brendan Rice.....??
Ladt I seen he was 19th rated and 20th rated wr coming out......I didnt see any of the combine yesterday cause I was busy,so Im hoping they got it on again this week sometime.....
There are a batch of really talented WRs in this draft. Probably the deepest, most athletic and gifted group since the NFL started the combines. But you can only have so many who are #9 pick worthy. I don't see Rice in that batch. Hell, until yesterday I only had three who would earn the pick. But going back over Thomas' college stats, some game film, and then of course his performances yesterday in the 40 and the drills, yeah I think he's earned that spot. You don't have to watch the entire combine from yesterday, just Google Thomas or better yet, jump over to YouTube and watch his highlights. Trust me, you'll be impressed. And if the combine doesn't do it for you, watch his game tapes.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a batch of really talented WRs in this draft. Probably the deepest, most athletic and gifted group since the NFL started the combines. But you can only have so many who are #9 pick worthy. I don't see Rice in that batch. Hell, until yesterday I only had three who would earn the pick. But going back over Thomas' college stats, some game film, and then of course his performances yesterday in the 40 and the drills, yeah I think he's earned that spot. You don't have to watch the entire combine from yesterday, just Google Thomas or better yet, jump over to YouTube and watch his highlights. Trust me, you'll be impressed. And if the combine doesn't do it for you, watch his game tapes.

Well I didnt think Rice was worthy of the 9th but thinking a possible 3rd......If he is worthy of a 3rd por JFs traded pick.....
If Thomas is not worth a 9th either,then Im for one of the lines......
But still nèed that wr.......and Im not for a freeagent one either.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice little summation here of the biggest "winners" from the four day combine (and yes, I watched all four):

We all know doing really well at the combine doesn't auto-tranlate to a successful NFL career. But it's still nice to see players who also have good game tape add an exclamation point to their profiles. And for us as fans, it gives us a few extra names to consider when draft day arrives.