• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2018 NFL Draft

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how often the Browns can change their front office and still get an apparently crappy result. I feel a little sorry for Denzel Ward - as the 4th pick in the draft - fans will be expecting an all pro. I also don't know how you can look at the available QBs and pick Baker Mayfield as your #1 pick.

Well - somebody has to be bad at this football stuff.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how often the Browns can change their front office and still get an apparently crappy result. I feel a little sorry for Denzel Ward - as the 4th pick in the draft - fans will be expecting an all pro. I also don't know how you can look at the available QBs and pick Baker Mayfield as your #1 pick.

Well - somebody has to be bad at this football stuff.
I don't know what draft will look like down road but I'm pretty sure they could've got Barkley at 1 and Mayfield at 4. Ward is still good pick but Brown's could've of killed it with first two pks

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what draft will look like down road but I'm pretty sure they could've got Barkley at 1 and Mayfield at 4. Ward is still good pick but Brown's could've of killed it with first two pks

From the sound of things there were a lot of teams fighting to get to two if Mayfield didn't go #1. Throw in the Jets were rumored to have Mayfield and Darnold as their top-2 QB's so I highly doubt he would have made it to #4.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Mayfield's career, or viability in the NFL, but I do understand Elway wanted Darnold -and at 20 years old - Darnold made some sense as a Bronco draft pick - with the Case Keenum signing. The others did not. I still think Josh Rosen is the best of this bunch and he made it past the top 5.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One day yall be ripping your hair out for passing on Mason Rudolph but it will be hard to be disappointed when Chubb and Sutton become All Pro's..
;)

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Mayfield's career, or viability in the NFL, but I do understand Elway wanted Darnold -and at 20 years old - Darnold made some sense as a Bronco draft pick - with the Case Keenum signing. The others did not. I still think Josh Rosen is the best of this bunch and he made it past the top 5.

The more I think about Mayfield I think he is perhaps the perfect guy to help rally the troops in Cleveland. They are trying to change the culture there and Mayfield's teammates want to play with him from what I understand. That might be more important than anything. If he is turns in to being a good to very good QB it is a huge win for the Browns.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield is gonna go one way or another. It's the Browns so I have my doubts. I would like to see someone turn that franchise around though. As long as they act like a professional when doing so.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield seems to have the personality that he just doesn't care what others think outside of the locker room. That may be a positive with going to Cleveland.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about Mayfield I think he is perhaps the perfect guy to help rally the troops in Cleveland. They are trying to change the culture there and Mayfield's teammates want to play with him from what I understand. That might be more important than anything. If he is turns in to being a good to very good QB it is a huge win for the Browns.

I don't have a link, but I have heard that Mayfield has his player detractors on the OU roster - in contrast to Josh Rosen who is well liked by teammates. I don't dislike him - or discount his skill set, but as the 1st pick in the draft - that is laughable considering his personality and smallish physical stature and only average athletic ability.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield seems to have the personality that he just doesn't care what others think outside of the locker room. That may be a positive with going to Cleveland.

It depends. There are certain things I think you need to "care" about what others think about you, and then there are certain things I don't think you need to care what other think about you. If you're treating others wrong or being a bad teammate or sportsmanship, then I think you need to care about those things. I think it's a bad thing not to care about those things. If it's the way you dress, the person you are, your hairstyle, the way you talk, walk, whatever it is, then yeah you shouldn't care what others think about you.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a link, but I have heard that Mayfield has his player detractors on the OU roster - in contrast to Josh Rosen who is well liked by teammates. I don't dislike him - or discount his skill set, but as the 1st pick in the draft - that is laughable considering his personality and smallish physical stature and only average athletic ability.

Wasn't it Rosen that there were rumors of not being liked by teammates?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were rumors though, so JD is right there. A lot of rumors were circulated early in the football season last year. Scouts saying he had a ways to go in the maturity level, a lot of concerns there were mentioned by pro scout, he reminded a lot of people of Cutler. Pouted, wasn't a great teammate. Seems to be some mixed reports on all of it.

Rosen is and always has been IMO the best QB in this draft (Rudolph is my personal fav) but just saying there were some concerns there reported.

Rosen also sorta lashed out after falling to #10 about people who passed over him, then had to think about it over night and become more level headed on day 2 of the draft when interviewed about it. I think he will be fine. He smiles a lot more then Cutler. Plus, he signed an autograph for me... Signers are usually good people. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield wasn’t making it to 4.
Wrong! Giants wanted Barkley, weren't taking Qb, would then take Chubb. Jets wanted Darnold. End of story . Except then Denver trades out with Bills who still get Allen. Rocket science I know.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were rumors though, so JD is right there. A lot of rumors were circulated early in the football season last year. Scouts saying he had a ways to go in the maturity level, a lot of concerns there were mentioned by pro scout, he reminded a lot of people of Cutler. Pouted, wasn't a great teammate. Seems to be some mixed reports on all of it.

Rosen is and always has been IMO the best QB in this draft (Rudolph is my personal fav) but just saying there were some concerns there reported.

Rosen also sorta lashed out after falling to #10 about people who passed over him, then had to think about it over night and become more level headed on day 2 of the draft when interviewed about it. I think he will be fine. He smiles a lot more then Cutler. Plus, he signed an autograph for me... Signers are usually good people. :)

Rumors aren't necessarily the truth - that's my point. I'm certain Rosen rubbed the NFL establishment the wrong way, but I'm not sure it means he is a Cutler anymore than Mayfield is a Johnny Football.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong! Giants wanted Barkley, weren't taking Qb, would then take Chubb. Jets wanted Darnold. End of story . Except then Denver trades out with Bills who still get Allen. Rocket science I know.

Jets actually had Baker Mayfield ahead of Darnold. I know that for a fact. Rocket science I tell you. The Browns might be stupid in terms of football decisions but they knew Mayfield wasn’t making it back to them at number four. They’ve got a lil more knowledge then our resident super poster RandyMon.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors aren't necessarily the truth - that's my point. I'm certain Rosen rubbed the NFL establishment the wrong way, but I'm not sure it means he is a Cutler anymore than Mayfield is a Johnny Football.

I was just answering his question though that there were rumors. Didn’t say they were true. I feel you there. Just saying there was the talk he is referring to.