• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams will skip Bowl Game and enter the 2024 NFL Draft.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we want is Williams to go number one to Chicago and Maye to go number two to Washington and New England gets screwed.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think flus is gone and the GM is going to listen to pitches from a lot of HC candidates. Those pitches will include what they should do with the picks and fields. They will then hire the best HC candidate and proceed with the qb plan they pitched.

Quite honestly, if they do it right, they could be the best HC destination this off-season. They are young and have talent and they can add heavily to that in the next draft and subsequent drafts after that if they trade back again.

Ryan Poles has only made one massive mistake (claypool) and he was willing to move on when it was clear it wasn’t working. I think this off-season is going to dictate the rest of his career with the bears and I’m not so sure he’s going to screw it up like the last few GMs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think flus is gone and the GM is going to listen to pitches from a lot of HC candidates. Those pitches will include what they should do with the picks and fields. They will then hire the best HC candidate and proceed with the qb plan they pitched.

Quite honestly, if they do it right, they could be the best HC destination this off-season. They are young and have talent and they can add heavily to that in the next draft and subsequent drafts after that if they trade back again.

Ryan Poles has only made one massive mistake (claypool) and he was willing to move on when it was clear it wasn’t working. I think this off-season is going to dictate the rest of his career with the bears and I’m not so sure he’s going to screw it up like the last few GMs.
In his defence…. Claypool hasa top 10 skillset. Its worth a gamble. Hes just a knucklehead

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Bears get him, but I don't think they like watching a highlight film of his shucking and juking defenders to make his throws. That's what Fields does and what got Richardson hurt early this season in Indy.

Chicago will kill much of that movement in him and teach him to just throw many of those passes away once he starts in the NFL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we want is Williams to go number one to Chicago and Maye to go number two to Washington and New England gets screwed.
Im not sure if New England taking Harrison Jr would screw them at all. It would just be admitting that they are more than one year away from competing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they really oddball? Can you name a lefty QB who's mechanics don't look oddball? I can't... we see like 95+% right handed QBs in major cfb/NFL, so all of the lefties look weird.

It affects your team build as well. Blind side becomes the RT.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears get him, but I don't think they like watching a highlight film of his shucking and juking defenders to make his throws. That's what Fields does and what got Richardson hurt early this season in Indy.

Chicago will kill much of that movement in him and teach him to just throw many of those passes away once he starts in the NFL.

I think Caleb shows a bit more Mahomes when he extends plays than Fields. He does seem to try for the bigger play too often, not settling for the easier option in front of him to keep the sticks moving. Pro coaching will need to work on that with him.

He's certainly not a check down artist like Nix has been this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure if New England taking Harrison Jr would screw them at all. It would just be admitting that they are more than one year away from competing.

They could go Harrison in the first and someone like JJ McCarthy in the second. Personally, I think the proper emphasis should be the opposite (and get your QB in the first, perhaps Jayden Daniels if the top 2 are off the board already), but who knows what the staff looks like for the Patriots going into the draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see them trading down out of #1 to get more draft capital and delay the Fields decision. Pick up his 5th year option, trade him next offseason and amass more picks to ensure they have a path to trade up in the 2025 draft if they aren't ready to move Fields this offseason. I just don't like the option of staying at #1 and not going QB. They can trade down and still get an elite WR prospect, Edge, or OT while adding more picks.

He's not the only one to mess up on Claypool.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could go Harrison in the first and someone like JJ McCarthy in the second. Personally, I think the proper emphasis should be the opposite (and get your QB in the first, perhaps Jayden Daniels if the top 2 are off the board already), but who knows what the staff looks like for the Patriots going into the draft.
A big part of this is how much of an injury risk guys like Daniels and Penix seem like. If Harrison is made in a lab and Daniels is too skinny at some point you have to ignore positional value and go a different direction. There is a long way to go in the process, though, but I doubt the Patriots are in a bad position. I just dont think there roster is at a point where they should reach much.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big part of this is how much of an injury risk guys like Daniels and Penix seem like. If Harrison is made in a lab and Daniels is too skinny at some point you have to ignore positional value and go a different direction. There is a long way to go in the process, though, but I doubt the Patriots are in a bad position. I just dont think there roster is at a point where they should reach much.

Then they should trade down with a team prepared to make that "reach". Unless they don't see the top 3 QBs as worth a top 15 pick, they should stay put and take one IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they should trade down with a team prepared to make that "reach". Unless they don't see the top 3 QBs as worth a top 15 pick, they should stay put and take one IMO.
It depends on where the tier break is. Until recently I thought it was Caleb and Maye at the top and the others had questions. If the reality is that teams are pretty high on Penix and/or Nix and/or Daniels then the Patriots should obviously take one of them.