• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2018 NFL Draft

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing this crowd doesn't demand real content.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the drafting of David Williams similar to the signing we did last year with that practice squad player who went on to sign with NO?

BHamita15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the drafting of David Williams similar to the signing we did last year with that practice squad player who went on to sign with NO?

I hope they had Lindsay rated higher than Williams but choose Williams knowing they could probably sign Lindsay anyways.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually like Jonathan Williams better than David Williams, but yes. Somewhat similar players.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they had Lindsay rated higher than Williams but choose Williams knowing they could probably sign Lindsay anyways.

At the same time if you REALLY like Lindsay you would take him without risking it. Not like Linsday was unknown. He was a pretty damn good college RB with great stats the last two years.

I wasn't really expecting another RB in round 7 although in round 7 I expect whatever, BPA we feel. But I think you'd have gotten a better reaction from me if it had been Akrum Wadley, Lindsay or Josh Adams, so I look at it as having a few extra 7th's I am happy about with Holland and Lindsay. I don't dislike Williams, I was surprised he was selected. But I like curveballs when it comes to the draft, just as long as it isn't early in the draft. ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back. Be interesting to see how Lindsey competes with D Henderson. Both seem like scat backs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know who has the better hair.

800.jpeg

BHamita15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time if you REALLY like Lindsay you would take him without risking it. Not like Linsday was unknown. He was a pretty damn good college RB with great stats the last two years.

I don't dislike Williams, I was surprised he was selected. But I like curveballs when it comes to the draft, just as long as it isn't early in the draft. ;)

I get that and ultimately, Williams was probably rated higher based off his size but I'm not surprised Lindsay went undrafted. 5'8 190 with over 600 touches in the past 2 years is tough to spend a pick on IMO.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree- Colorado ran him to the ground, but his role will never be that in the NFL so hopefully he can last awhile. We do seem to take RB's out of college with a lot of carries under their belt.

Montee Ball
Devonte Booker (had nearly 600 carries his final 2 years coming out and quite a few receptions added)
Royce Freeman (started 4 years)
Lindsay 600 some carries (undrafted of course)

But we also have set it up so they don't get run into the ground here. So hopefully the above 3 work out better then the #1 on this list who seemed to be unmotivated and more into the liquor bottle then focusing on his NFL career at the time.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rundown I always got on David Williams was he didn't have a good work ethic. He didn't come to practice everyday especially when he was at South Carolina to work hard. He had to be challenged by his coaches week in and week out. The talent is there. He was very good near the GL last year and can catch. He stole my fantasy RB's touchdowns last year (devwah whaley) shame on him!

The starting job was his to lose at South Carolina twice, and he lost it both times.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rundown I always got on David Williams was he didn't have a good work ethic. He didn't come to practice everyday especially when he was at South Carolina to work hard. He had to be challenged by his coaches week in and week out. The talent is there. He was very good near the GL last year and can catch. He stole my fantasy RB's touchdowns last year (devwah whaley) shame on him!

The starting job was his to lose at South Carolina twice, and he lost it both times.

I think goal line RB is the thought with Williams. Obviously, the Broncos looked at what they can do to score more points in the off season - which was wise. No way - though - I would have drafted Williams over Lindsay.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos feel like they have a bit of a Lindsay already on the roster with Henderson. That power back (as Freeman is not what I would call a traditional power back) is something that was missing from the group with CJ gone.