• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks Offseason Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference is that Kruger is probably looking at 2 million, where nordstrom will probably sign for 900. I really dont know why they agreed to take Morin back if they are going to keep him in rockford and pissed off again. Spite?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont know why they agreed to take Morin back if they are going to keep him in rockford and pissed off again. Spite?

Yeah, that was a head-scratcher for me, too. He and Tropp seemed kind of like throwing in a couple of 7th round draft picks.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane in the news for the wrong reasons. Per Rotoworld via the Buffalo News:
Two law enforcement sources have told The Buffalo News that Patrick Kane is being investigated for an alleged r*pe incident.

The sources said that a local woman has accused Kane of a sexual assault, but no charges have been filed. The NHL and the Chicago Blackhawks are aware of the investigation and they are waiting to see what transpires before commenting on the situation. Kane has had off the ice issues before, but it seemed like he had put those issues behind him before this investigation. Aug 6 - 1:53 PM

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are reports going from sexual assault, r*pe all the way to statutory r*pe, in new york, that law is under 16.
Yes, I can easily see some under 16 year old girls every day that look 21, so I guess we see where this leads. Dont know if the parents of the girl are the ones that decide to press charges or if its completely in the hands of the district attorney. Usually depends how afraid the girl is to getting in trouble with her school or parents that push them to want to put the alleged in prison.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are those the reports now? Statutory?

I haven't read the entire story, just from what I've heard, sounds like it all started in a bar? He could have easily been fooled by an underage girl.

I'll hold judgement one way or the other until I hear the entire story. But, not a good look for Kane, given his previous history.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the only facts are that this girl/woman felt it was necessary to go to a hospital and have a r*pe kit done. That would prove there was sex and maybe tie DNA, but I think we have all seen enough TV court shows to know its either the plan from the beginning or guilty conscience that causes the charges to be filed.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a Rocky Wirtz comment still waiting for the facts. That one wrote that the forensic team and police were investigating his house, so it must have happened there. Dont think they went for a DNA sample.
At least its staying quiet now.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane's investigation was the main topic on Chicago sports radio today. He also was the lead story on CBS2 news.

Like most every rational person, I'm waiting for more information. But if things start to unravel for Kaner and his future becomes clouded, I know that I'll be angry at him. Especially just a month or so removed from trading Saad and Sharp.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the silence is the hardest part right now. Usually the BS cases you hear facts in a couple days. This silence makes me think this is going to get real and effect his career.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane loses his EA sports cover deal, no part of the launch either

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY SHIKES!

My Pens got Adam Clendenning!

:yes:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the only facts are that this girl/woman felt it was necessary to go to a hospital and have a r*pe kit done. That would prove there was sex and maybe tie DNA, but I think we have all seen enough TV court shows to know its either the plan from the beginning or guilty conscience that causes the charges to be filed.

Here's how I look at it - not sure if anyone has ever tried to have sex with a woman when she wasn't, ummmmm, "ready", but it's almost impossible without doing some damage - unless you're REALLY small. All the DNA test will prove is whether or not Kane had sex with her. Hopefully, as part of the hospital examination, they also looked for signs as to whether or not the sex was forced. If there were no signs, it is very likely the sex was consensual and the woman is lying.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does well for you, I guess Q saw nothing he can add in 6 nhl games.
I don't think he really had a place on the Hawks to tell you the truth. Why disrupt chemistry? I personally think he had the potential to be the 3rd best dman on the team after Keith & Seabrook. We'll see tho, he's been one of my favorite prospects in the AHL for a couple years now. Glad to have him on the Pens.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, don't worry about the r*pe thing. In my lifetime, the only athlete I could think of that went down to r*pe charges was Mike Tyson. As a Steeler fan, I know all too well that athletes can get away with this stuff about as easily as they could write a check.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, don't worry about the r*pe thing. In my lifetime, the only athlete I could think of that went down to r*pe charges was Mike Tyson. As a Steeler fan, I know all too well that athletes can get away with this stuff about as easily as they could write a check.
I'm not so sure athletes getting away with it is the full story. I think sometimes it's the fact that the woman wasn't raped, but failed in an attempt at gold digging. I don't know the truth here, and won't judge until it is revealed.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Doob, good to hear from you! For me personally, this isn't about hockey. I'm torn between the fact that r*pe does occur and I have a 17 year old daughter, vs. the fact that I'm a man and know that false allegations are probably almost as common. If he's guilty, fry his a$$. If not, there should be no punishment of any sort either legally or from the NHL.