• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks Offseason Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
versteeg finally plays and they have him wearing the A.

So much for my wish.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chicago Blackhawks announced today they have assigned forwards Joakim Nordstrom, Dennis Rasmussen and Garret Ross, defensemen Adam Clendening and Klas Dahlbeck and goaltender Scott Darling to the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League.

The team’s active roster now includes 18 forwards, nine defensemen and three goaltenders.

Watched the game on the feed from Edmonton yesterday, Clendening had a real nice game. Nordstrom played his first game, wasnt too special, thought he would get another game before he was sent down. Teuvo was noticable on the ice, couple nice passes and a goal.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D men that have stood out to me are TVR and Cumisky so far. I think TVR can fill the brookbank role of sharing that 6th spot, Cumisky should cover whoever gets traded. Dont want to see Leddy go, but if Versteeg goes too I can handle it.

Mashinter seems to be vying with Morin for that last spot.

If anything, I think the organization knows they are covered no matter who has to go to fix this cap issue.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D men that have stood out to me are TVR and Cumisky so far. I think TVR can fill the brookbank role of sharing that 6th spot, Cumisky should cover whoever gets traded.

Yeah, was reading somewhere that everyone in the org is very high on TVR, and that Bowman is also pushing Rundblad.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting close to needing this move. Versteeg has looked really good, I wish he would skate around with his stick on the ice. Worst d man on the ice yesterday was seabrook. Multiple turnovers, missed passes, looked pretty bad. Fourth line of Mans, Krueger and Mo was very physical and kept pucks in the zone.

3-1 loss with not a whole Montreal team there and pretty full Hawks offense. I guess Price is all you need.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game left and the hawks recalled Dahlbeck to the big club after he was cut. Roster back up to 28 with 10 defensemen. Kinda a head scratcher with 4 to cut unless Q plans to play all 4 of them in the last game. I dont know this Leighton Raanta deal. Raanta was good the first two periods, Q really likes Darling wonder if Raanta might be the Rockford goalie. Guess I'd rather see Raanta getting 1/3 starts.

Happy birthday Oduya, gotta be wondering if he is gonna be packing soon. One goalie will go, leaves 4 to get to the 23 and still 2+ million. Gotta think Morin makes the club, no way he gets thru waivers. Manshinter, Regin, and Teuvo are the three extras now. Regin is a good 21st guy, but not if it costs losing Morin. Looks like Teuvo will get a shot at second line center if Richards gets hurt or 2015-16.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game left and the hawks recalled Dahlbeck to the big club after he was cut. Roster back up to 28 with 10 defensemen.

Hmmmmm....wonder if that is a sign that a trade is close....

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something has to be close, they are out of time.

They will need to pay kane and toews next year, they need to take care of Saad as well. They have 13 players under contract at the same cap as right now. This team is gonna be quite different next year.

I would not be surprised if its Seabrook, Leddy, Oduya or Bickell, being discussed in a deal.

Leddy is in his last year with Oduya, runbland and Rosie..

Philadelphia needs to clear over 6 million, so I guess it can be worse, nobody is under the cap floor that needs salary.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
car bomb back getting a shot. Manshinter was injured wednesday.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Hawks got the better of the trade, TJ Brennan was probably the best dman in the AHL last season. I think he has more potential than Leddy does.

BTW, I think the Isles' top D prospect is Griffn Reinhart.

It is an amazing trade for the hawks. your #5 d man for a possible stud. They also got Boychuk from the Bruins and are calling he and leddy top 4 guys.

I guess the islanders have more deeper in the system, but as far as close to nhl ready if you consider AHL close, I think he is the closest. Remember, those "experts" dont even rank Clendening as our best d prospect.

We will see how Bowman handles the roster next season to clear cap space, but if this is any indication its definitely promising.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an amazing trade for the hawks. your #5 d man for a possible stud. They also got Boychuk from the Bruins and are calling he and leddy top 4 guys.

I guess the islanders have more deeper in the system, but as far as close to nhl ready if you consider AHL close, I think he is the closest. Remember, those "experts" dont even rank Clendening as our best d prospect.

We will see how Bowman handles the roster next season to clear cap space, but if this is any indication its definitely promising.

True about Clendenning, I like Brennen's game, never was too impressed with Leddy, plus the Hawks got 2 additional players. I think the Hawks got the better of this trade as well.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brennan is a great AHL d-man who will never make a significant impact in the NHL. Sorry, guys. He's now on his 4th NHL franchise. This was a salary dump, plain and simple. The Isles got the better of the deal player-wise, because the Hawks were in a tough spot.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brennan is a great AHL d-man who will never make a significant impact in the NHL. Sorry, guys. He's now on his 4th NHL franchise. This was a salary dump, plain and simple. The Isles got the better of the deal player-wise, because the Hawks were in a tough spot.

You might be right about Brennan. Would like to see him get a shot in the NHL, but I don't think the Blackhawks are the ideal system for a dman to come up. If Clendenning doesn't make the team, I could see the IceHogs having the best dman combo in the AHL this season.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TVR was sent down, but an internal situation to keep an eye on:

"The Hawk roster currently features 8 defensemen, one belief being that one of Trevor van Riemsdyk, Kyle Cumiskey or David Rundblad has to go to Rockford. A source told me over the weekend that The former two are favorites of Joel Quenneville, and the latter of Stan Bowman. Might be a little squabble over that—and I would not rule out Mashinter going to the Rock or some other unforeseen move."

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hawks carried 21 most of last season, most other teams carried 23. I cant see there being an issue keeping one extra forward and two extra D men with the team. Rosie is not playing every game. I dont know who is replacing Leddy of being in the lineup every night. I thought that would be Cumiskey. I dont know how long Oduya is gonna be out either.

They have Manshinter on IR, so Rockford wont be out of the question as rehab anyway.

They sent Regin to rockford, cant think he is too happy about that, but there was no way they could risk losing Morin for nothing and carbomb shows us there is some importance to have someone on the ice to protect the franchise guys.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, apparently I was mistaken about TVR being sent down, so apparently they ARE carrying 8 d-men. I'm ok with that if Roszival is the 8th man, but I don't want youth being wasted in the press box.