• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks Offseason Thread

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Doob, good to hear from you! For me personally, this isn't about hockey. I'm torn between the fact that r*pe does occur and I have a 17 year old daughter, vs. the fact that I'm a man and know that false allegations are probably almost as common. If he's guilty, fry his a$$. If not, there should be no punishment of any sort either legally or from the NHL.
Sup dude :suds:
I agree with you there, no excuse for r*pe.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup dude :suds:
I agree with you there, no excuse for r*pe.

Thru this whole ordeal, I just wish I would have read sexual misconduct just once. Maybe I am the only one that consider r*pe as knife to throat, threatening life if they do not allow the penetration, clothes ripped off, bruising. And yes, my daughter is now 29, so I do see the fathers side to it, I just guess I would ask the question to why she put herself in that scenario voluntarily.

a police officer drove these two girls to his house.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he really had a place on the Hawks to tell you the truth. Why disrupt chemistry? I personally think he had the potential to be the 3rd best dman on the team after Keith & Seabrook. We'll see tho, he's been one of my favorite prospects in the AHL for a couple years now. Glad to have him on the Pens.

But there was no chemistry after the top 4, not all year.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that I'm a man and know that false allegations are probably almost as common

Was listening to 670 the Score in Chicago last week? sometime and they said that 90%+ rapists are either never charged due to numerous different circumstances or charges are never filed and that only 6-7% of r*pe charges that are filed are false. Just something I wanted to add there, but either way I'm still not going to say he's guilty or innocent until more comes out.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to 670 the Score in Chicago last week? sometime and they said that 90%+ rapists are either never charged due to numerous different circumstances or charges are never filed and that only 6-7% of r*pe charges that are filed are false. Just something I wanted to add there, but either way I'm still not going to say he's guilty or innocent until more comes out.

Fair enough, but I suspect that 6-7% number varies greatly based on the net worth of the accused.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but I suspect that 6-7% number varies greatly based on the net worth of the accused.

I'm sure that 4-5% of it is that and then 1-2% being pissed off one night stands, ex girlfriends, etc but I don't think that kind of data exists.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats kinda what I mean when I say so many sexually misconducts are considered as real r*pe.

If Kane makes it back on the ice, I guess we can expect a more physical side to him now.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a Hawks blogger, so take it for what it's worth:

"...I was told there were "legs" to the rumors involving Jeff Skinner and Bryan Bickell. What everyone needs to consider here is that both teams are trying to move big contracts attached to players with injury issues, so the sweeteners and money going each way would be critical to the deal. I also heard this afternoon that there are still talks going on with Carolina, and they could involve a smaller deal, still involving Skinner, a top Carolina prospect, Bickell, another highly paid Hawk veteran not named Kris Versteeg, and significant cap savings for the Hawks.

Meanwhile, talks happen regularly between the Hawks and the Jets, and I am hearing there is interest in perhaps putting together a significant deal there, possibly involving Corey Crawford, Ondrej Pavelec and a top (I mean top) Jet prospect.

On the Kane front, I am not at liberty to share the specifics of some of what I am hearing (similar and different details from all three sources—but none contradictory). But what I am hearing consistently is that there is a very real possibility Kane has played his last game in a Hawk sweater, or if he does play in Chicago this season, it will not be for long."

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really cannot see this organization bailing on Kane. All they preach is organization and its a true cop out to just get rid of a guy that needs help. I can see them making him do some big time therapy, whether its court ordered or not, but bailing on a guy that needs help, especially when he is the best American hockey player would truly be against what this team has built. If its jail time, then who knows what happens.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really cannot see this organization bailing on Kane. All they preach is organization and its a true cop out to just get rid of a guy that needs help. I can see them making him do some big time therapy, whether its court ordered or not, but bailing on a guy that needs help, especially when he is the best American hockey player would truly be against what this team has built. If its jail time, then who knows what happens.

Considering he has full NMC/NTCs, I agree with you. Barring a conviction, Kane is in the driver's seat here.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he has full NMC/NTCs, I agree with you. Barring a conviction, Kane is in the driver's seat here.

I would think step one if there were to be a move move would be seeing if the league wants to send a message to their players and void the contract.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think step one if there were to be a move move would be seeing if the league wants to send a message to their players and void the contract.

Without a conviction, I would stop watching hockey if that were to occur. It's still innocent until proven guilty in this county, but I hear you.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if the league needs a conviction, and we cant have that unless there are formal charges, which I think the league could move on, but after a month, you would think anyone else he did this to would have come forward by now.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if the league needs a conviction, and we cant have that unless there are formal charges, which I think the league could move on, but after a month, you would think anyone else he did this to would have come forward by now.

Yeah, I'd be ok with it after formal charges.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://sportsmockery.com/2015/08/rumor-patrick-kane-will-not-be-charged-with-r*pe/

never know to believe a site called mockery, but first out there.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get an error saying the page does not exist. It took almost 2 months for Mike Richards to be charged, so we could easily be looking at another month or more before we hear anything more definitive.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to change the * to a, the filter after you click the link.