• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks Offseason Thread

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guilty or innocent, it doesn't look good for Kaner remaining with the team. Saw a similar article posted in the Toronto Sun. They talked about it on PTI also today.

As much as I criticize his lack of 2-way ability (or liability), his loss would create a scoring void. And if the Hawks want to just "wash their hands" of him, then we may not got reciprocating player compensation in return.

And with Saad and Sharp gone... well.... it's just a sad time for the Blackhawks.

You have to wonder if one of the "interested" teams is Buffalo? But again, even the best player on the Sabres is still about 20 points shy of Kane's numbers.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently there were two warnings given to Kane, this is the third. You would think they would bend the rules for a superstar remaining on the team, I mean, seriously, having to play against him? Its not like they can send him off to Buffalo or Winnepeg and never see him again, they could easily deal him back to the sharks or kings and watch them beat us every year again.

The other part of me is the cop out of just cutting a guy loose who clearly needs help that I dont like. Show the commitment, put him thru therapy, hire him a babysitter. Honestly, the only way I want him not to be in a hawk sweater is if he is in prison orange. And thats not just a starstruck fan, its commitment for not letting your player down. I mean, you cant even say if he goes home to Buffalo he might settle down since this happened where he would be living.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up some nice points, AI.
In the end I just can't help but come to the conclusion that Kane should know better. He's not a kid anymore. And with Kane's salary, maybe it should be Kane who hires himself an adviser/babysitter - not the Hawks. My employer doesn't babysit the employees, but still holds them accountable.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just tired of this chain in chicago. Zambrano with the cubs was deemed a troublemaker, paid 17 million dollars to get rid of him. Marshall in the bears locker room, just cut ties already. Now they want to send away the arguably best American hockey player entering his prime. Yeah, Z and Marshall might never be heard from again, but I kinda think Kane will. I guess the NHL could save the Hawks face and suspend Kane without pay, but I dont think it fits with this golden boy image they want to sell America.

You do make a good point, Kane should know better and hire his own baby sitter. But if you really think about it, he did. He hired a cop to be his driver, same guy for a while now. We all know there are good cops and bad cops, usually just bad when they get caught doing something wrong, all good when fall in the line of duty. MAybe he needs an attorney to have these inebriated women sign waivers?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds just like our hawks, get a bunch of kids lined up to step into the D mix, then either trade them away like Clendening and Stanton or bring in a veteran to take their place.

Heard a report from Dan McNEil on the drive that Kane is in south bend and expects to start camp.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a trial, grand jury just decides whether or not to press charges. Do not think Kane can be there, its all evidence to go to trial. I am pretty sure he can leave the state for his employment until he is convicted or shall I say, finally arrested?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Boyle was just on the radio saying Patrick Kane is addressing the media at the press conference starting at 2:00 to open training camp. Its Weurtz and McDonnough doing most of the talking. He may have already entered or finished a behavioral program. His words were taking strangers to your house that was the error in judgement.

He mentioned the black hawks and the NHL must be convinced that he will either have a settlement worked out or not be charged to have him in camp.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, Jake Dowell, one that got away.