• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Audio released from Bo's Lincoln North team meeting

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that didn't take long. thought maybe it would have at least been this spring or something before we heard something.

I'm not going to copy the text since that's technically illegal. Here's the link bo-pelini-insults-a-d-shawn-eichorst

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nothing about SE and don't know Bo personally, but if what he said in that meeting is how SE works, then SE damn sure better listen to Bo and do what he said. If I was the AD, I'd be all over the campus. At practices, in the locker room, listening to the players/coaches, especially of your cash cow program.

Also, how do you not have a conversation with Bo after last season and set some expectations?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing there is a little bit of one sided bias there. Sour grapes of you will. Not all of it, but a lot of it.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now maybe Bo didn't expect it to be recorded, but he didn't really show much class in that meeting. I have no problem with him explaining his situation with SE and saying some of the stuff, but it seems like he went a little over board with some statements.

I just mean, the name calling and some of things is something a 12 year old would do, not a guy with class. i think it's that sort of attitude that really had this team where it was and not being able to get over the hump.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already knew SE got the vagina pants, but damn, what a mess

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until I hear the tape I'm not entirely convinced of this because I heard much different than this. has anyone but OWH heard it?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can honestly come out of that thinking SE is the bad guy.....

:L !!!!!!!!!!

That wasn't the intent, I'm not concerned with SE, it's the mess of a program BP left in his wake deflecting any responsibility and turning the entire team against the school, a majority of the problem to begin with

Riley has a huge job ahead if him

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what really eats you alive Bo? The constant "us against the world" mentality. Never embracing your surroundings. You are right Bo, this place will eat you alive if you let it. Guess what, you let it. You created the mentality by constantly being an arrogant ass and a complete loose cannon. You won't just sit by and let things happen and will speak your mind? Well so will we!! That luxury goes both ways. Your class, or lack their of, was shown long ago and on your way out the door it shows again. You were a role model for those players and they loved you. I feel bad for the model those players looked up to. Absolutely pathetic!!!

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just completely childish behavior

And no, the ADs job is not to know the dam football players

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the "he (SE) is a pussy. and he's a ****" has led me to officially close the book on Bo. I don't care if you think you aren't being recorded, you don't say that

if he truly cared about his players as much as he claims to, you wouldn't try to turn the kids against the very school they play for on your way out. that hurts the school AND THE PLAYERS in the future. to me that shows that he is selfish, and cares much less about the kids than we were always lead to believe

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Long and Short of it is that the program was a mess at the end. A frustrated man will say and do things that dont come across as pleasant. But I will say this, if even one person can read this and not see what kind of damage all of the negative stuff ; newspapers,radio shows, tv and yes even boards like this can do; than they dont deserve a good strong program.

Support Mike Riley and our boys, give him a fair shake and be the "Greatest Fans" we like to brag about being.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statement from University of Nebraska

December 17, 2014

The University of Nebraska is in receipt of what appears to be a transcript of remarks delivered by former football coach Bo Pelini. These remarks to student-athletes were allegedly made during a non-official team meeting at a local high school, held two days after his termination. At this time, the University cannot authenticate the transcript nor do we have an audio version of the remarks.

If these comments were, indeed, spoken by Mr. Pelini, we are extremely disappointed, but it only reaffirms the decision that he should no longer be a leader of young men at Nebraska. His habitual use of inappropriate language, and his personal and professional attacks on administrators, are antithetical to the values of our university. His behavior is consistent with a pattern of unprofessional, disrespectful behavior directed by Mr. Pelini toward the passionate fans of Nebraska, employees of the university and, most concerning, our student-athletes. This behavior is not tolerated at the University of Nebraska and, among many other concerns, played a role in his dismissal.

Any assertions that the campus or athletics administration was not supportive of our student-athletes and our football program are flat-out false and are contradicted by the facts.

We are grateful that the new leadership in our football program is aligned with our values and will establish that you can be successful at Nebraska and that you can do it with integrity and class.

UNL statement

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now maybe Bo didn't expect it to be recorded, but he didn't really show much class in that meeting. I have no problem with him explaining his situation with SE and saying some of the stuff, but it seems like he went a little over board with some statements.

I just mean, the name calling and some of things is something a 12 year old would do, not a guy with class. i think it's that sort of attitude that really had this team where it was and not being able to get over the hump.
--------
Whether Eichorst is good, bad, a man of integrity...I don't know BUT 2013 was one complete Bo rant and then he turns around and accuses Eichorst of having no class? And now he's working at a school where the president is a former and very successful college football coach? Talk about stepping into the frying pan. The vest will only "make nice" for so long before he let's Bo go as well.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Osborne forced out? I think this was the most surprising thing in the recording

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Osborne forced out? I think this was the most surprising thing in the recording

many of you grads probably know more about the behind the scenes shit than i do but osborne being forced out doesn't make much sense to me. the dude would be elected president of nebraska if it was possible. i don't buy that boosters that grew up watching osborne-led teams wanted him to not be a part of the program. i think he genuinely retired with the only outside pressure on him being from his wife.