• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This From the Disney Board.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two or three different sources all report a general version of events as this:

1. Bo's meltdown against Taylor on Saturday night. All agree it was over a cell phone. When Taylor was injured, he was taken to the A&M locker room because that is where the X-Ray facility was. After being X-rayed and cleared, rather than hurry and return to the team, Taylor left the medical staff to walk all the way over to NU's locker room, retrieve his cell phone, and have a conversation with his father. All told, Taylor and his dad waste 10-20 minutes. Bo is pissed on two different levels. One, he needs the kid back in the game and he's wasting time. Two, Bo has a very explicit rule about cell phones in the locker room and on the field. Evidently, Taylor has been busted for this kind of thing in the past.

Taylor comes back out on the field and the medical staff informs Bo of Taylor's activities. You saw the conversation that ensued on national TV. Not pleasant. There are several 'lip-reader' interpretations out there. All have to do with a phone call.

2. Upon returning to Lincoln, the next day finds Taylor's dad having shown up on campus. He's pissed. This has happened with Taylor's dad in the past and Bo pretty much hates dealing with it. They have a meeting with Taylor, Taylor's dad, and Pelini. Pelini explains that Taylor has violated team rules and will be suspended for a game. Evidently, Taylor's dad completely loses it, stating that it is their intention to transfer from NU to somewhere else and that calling it a 'suspension' will keep teams from wanting his son. Bo says, "Fine, call it whatever you want, but your son isn't playing on Friday." The meeting doesn't end well. Rumors swirl like crazy Sunday night that Taylor has quit the team. Technically, he hasn't, but there is enough truth in there to know that something has happened.

3. The next day, Taylor shows up with a walking boot on his foot to practice. Him and his dad want him to wear the boot so that people will believe that he is not playing this week because of his ankle, not because he's 'suspended'. As a 'screw you' to Pelini, however, Taylor wears the boot on the wrong foot, causing all sorts of confusion and strange questions from the press. Taylor, in his odd way, thinks this is all some kind of funny joke.

As this little stunt makes its way through the team, former players such as Phillip Dillard start piping up via Twitter and Facebook, describing their thoughts on Taylor and his established history of stunts like this, neglect for team rules, his over-obsessive daddy, etc. Phil calls on the Unity Council to dismiss Martinez from the team. Speculation is that current players are the source of Dillard's anger.

What the 'inside' people are reporting is this: Taylor Martinez is gone after this season. All agree this is the case. He may not play another game for Nebraska. Taylor wants to be gone, Taylor's dad wants him gone, and Bo and the rest of the team want him gone. Everyone within the program, from the coaches to the players, are tired of his prima donna attitude, helicopter dad, and general lack of respect for all things Nebraska. The 'suspension' will never be publicized as such - but that's what it is according to others."

The 3rd makes no sense because why would Pelini say Taylor would play if he's healthy when he has no intention of keeping him after the season??

Man this shit is annoying. I wish he would just come out and say what he's going to do.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's pure bullshit after #1.

this email has been going around for a few days.. don't buy it..

I've heard more and more today that Taylor will be starting tomorrow anyway..

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's amazing is that Nebraska was the only team willing to let him play QB while he was being recruited.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope all this is not true. I was high on this kid from day 1. Shit I was high on this kid 2 minutes into his youtube highlights.

Never once have I said I hope he leaves.

So maybe he is a diva right now, but the dude is just 20 and has alot to learn. Eventually he'll learn that he makes his own decisions. If he stays, he will win a heisman or at least go to New York. People keep saying good riddance if he leaves.. If he leaves I'm gonna be pissed as fuck.

Why do we have to have a mediocre QB with all the maturity and humility in the world in Green, and a Superstar QB who appears by all accounts to be an immature idiot with a helicopter dad?

We just can't have our cake and eat it too.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's pure bullshit after #1.

this email has been going around for a few days.. don't buy it..

I've heard more and more today that Taylor will be starting tomorrow anyway..

Me too. I'll take his passing ability and 80% run ability over all of our QB's

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
drama drama drama, i feel like i'm in 7th grade and just dumped my girlfiend at the valentines day dance

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NUH HUH!!!!!!!!!!!

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come one guys, I'm bored. This board is dead and we're one day away from the biggest Big 12 game in Nebraska history.

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we have all seen Bo and know how he reacts. I'm fairly certain # 1 occurred but does anyone here see Bo agreeing with a players dad about keeping something on the down low so a player can transfer? IF daddy says they are transferring; Taylor would not be in the QB equation and would be lucky to be on the sideline. He would be considered a cancer to the team and not anywhere around them if he announced he is transferring. Bo would have came out and released a statement about a suspension. As far as the 'boot'; it's against NCAA rules to claim fake injuries (ie: Turf Toe) as a cover up for suspension.

A Texa$ fan probably sent the email around the circuit. Doesn't Phil have anything better to do than twitter or facebook about Nebraska. Talk about a player with issues...

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit Dillard needs to keep his mouth closed. All he is doing is hurting the team even more, but I guess hes just too dumb to realize that.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rules are rules, no matter who the player is, with this guy. Remember Castille, and boy did we need him too

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelini better learn how to manage Divas if he wants to win NC's. T.O. was a master at that.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is playing he needs to be 100%. The injury not only effected his running game it totally demolished his pass. If he can't plant he can't pass. Cody Green will be better than a non-healthy Martinez if he plays like he did in Colorado.

And personally I still think the line rallied around Green like they haven't around Martinez since Okie State. Even if he is healthy if we don't have the line step up Martinez gets no holes and he gets no run. If we don't have the line Martinez is under pressure all night and throws picks and drops.

I don't know if there is cohesion problems with him or not but I do know if he is not 100% healthy and plays or if the line doesn't play for him and he plays we lose.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk I doubt the line gives a shit who is in there in the Big 12 championship. They just want to win. I wouldn't care how much of a dick he was, I would want the guy in who's giving us the best chance. That is Martinez.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk I doubt the line gives a shit who is in there in the Big 12 championship. They just want to win. I wouldn't care how much of a dick he was, I would want the guy in who's giving us the best chance. That is Martinez.

I hope you're right. You probably are.
He does need to be 100% though. If he is unable to plant that foot he can't pass and he can't cut.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to be managing divas just fine...

I respectfully disagree. Just like Bo said that it is OK to disagree with a call, it's just the way you disagree with it, It's OK to come down on Martinez for feeling like he's above the rules, It's just the way you express it.

I know for a fact that Osborne had to deal with worse than a phone call to daddy. He did it in private. Bo should take the phrase "speak softly and carry a big stick" to heart.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. Just like Bo said that it is OK to disagree with a call, it's just the way you disagree with it, It's OK to come down on Martinez for feeling like he's above the rules, It's just the way you express it.

I know for a fact that Osborne had to deal with worse than a phone call to daddy. He did it in private. Bo should take the phrase "speak softly and carry a big stick" to heart.

he also has his doctorate in psychology, which of course Bo does not