• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyone else think Alex Smith should be worried about losing his job to injury again? Chase Daniels looked good and has the added mobility!

Smith is more mobile than Daniel. If Smith is worried, it would be about the draft. KC hasn't drafted early, but Reid and Dorsey are different. I hope they draft OL and WR and if they want, a QB 3-5th (6th and 7th is a waste unless they feel a Brady is there). Give Smith this year (guaranteeing two) - if Smith can't elevate with an OL and a WR across Bowe, then draft a QB next year. Sit that QB while Smith fights him off or mentors him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyone else think Alex Smith should be worried about losing his job to injury again? Chase Daniels looked good and has the added mobility!

I really don't see how his limited throwing ability can work behind this O-line with a greater sample. At least with Alex he is 6-4 so he can see reasonably well over the O-line. Alex's contract is kind of a beached whale right now when combined with the FO. It's not going anywhere for a while unless some team offers something well beyond reason.

Drew Brees or Russell Wilson Daniel is not.

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Smith's injury will wake Reid up as to how bad this O line really is. im surprised Smith made it this far with out gettin' murdered

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Smith's injury will wake Reid up as to how bad this O line really is. im surprised Smith made it this far with out gettin' murdered

Smith has his flaws, no doubt. But it tires me when a lot of his short passes are those that are designed to be short. They are snap and throw. Those aren't checkdowns. Those are the designed play. Obviously, the coach could call it like that because of their quarterback, but in this case, I feel it's because of the offensive line. Even when Smith does have time, he doesn't know that, he can't rely upon it, so what is he to do? He has to get the ball quickly. He's all about the positive play, even if that's short. When the oline is better, he'll know the positive plays can be made farther.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is more mobile than Daniel. If Smith is worried, it would be about the draft. KC hasn't drafted early, but Reid and Dorsey are different. I hope they draft OL and WR and if they want, a QB 3-5th (6th and 7th is a waste unless they feel a Brady is there). Give Smith this year (guaranteeing two) - if Smith can't elevate with an OL and a WR across Bowe, then draft a QB next year. Sit that QB while Smith fights him off or mentors him.

:agree:WR and o-line SHOULD be the priority going into this offseason. If Reid does ANY different i'm calling for his ouster...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:WR and o-line SHOULD be the priority going into this offseason. If Reid does ANY different i'm calling for his ouster...

I would agree, except Reid isn't really the GM, Dorsey is. If Reid was the GM, I would want him out by now. No way I want the Reid towards the end of his run in Philly. I thought that was his biggest mistake in Cheesesteakland.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has his flaws, no doubt. But it tires me when a lot of his short passes are those that are designed to be short. They are snap and throw. Those aren't checkdowns. Those are the designed play. Obviously, the coach could call it like that because of their quarterback, but in this case, I feel it's because of the offensive line. Even when Smith does have time, he doesn't know that, he can't rely upon it, so what is he to do? He has to get the ball quickly. He's all about the positive play, even if that's short. When the oline is better, he'll know the positive plays can be made farther.

There are times to criticize checkdowns of course, but when some fans are claiming a 70 yd td to Knile vs Oakland was a checkdown, it is rather tiring. I just tune out now when the word checkdown is used since most throw it around so casually.

P.S.

Moar Wheel and RB angle routes for our RB's. Even Knile.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree, except Reid isn't really the GM, Dorsey is. If Reid was the GM, I would want him out by now. No way I want the Reid towards the end of his run in Philly. I thought that was his biggest mistake in Cheesesteakland.

If only you knew knew the bitching i'd hear from the Philly fans about Andy...:lol:

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see em run the hurry up but Reid insist on this west coast thing

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not mutually exclusive, but it does require fast calling - to me, that would require an offensive coordinator calling the plays, not the coach. Or he would have to have some packages of plays. It just seems like it would take too long for Reid to call.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It certainly needs to be more coherent. It is quite inefficient in about every conceivable way right now with the way the roster is constructed. If the solution, if there is one present to us, means letting Pederson or even Smith take command in such situations, then so be it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't care, don't watch it, but if you want to, watch it before it's removed by the NFL. They already removed it once and it was put back up.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, can't wait to see this kid catch passes for the Chiefs. he's got some VERY sick wheels...

He looks like an ideal X receiver to me if he can put it all together, physically. Big, attacks the ball, and can explode off the LOS. Additionally, we can move Albert Wilson to the Y which I think he can thrive in with his skillset, potentially. It's all academic right now given this is basically a clean sweep of last year's WR's, but there's a lot of speed in this group; Maclin might be the slowest WR starting on opening day, and that intrigues me.

All in all, there's a lot of unknowns with these WR's, but it's doesn't look lifeless like it has been since Vermeil. Legitimately intrigued by this group.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrowhead Pride retweeted

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar Jun 25
Chiefs had 0 TD catches by a WR in 2014, but had 6 TD passes to players lined up out wide or in the slot. Does it really matter?

So from players who were lined up as a receiver and were defended as a receiver, six touchdowns were scored. Right? So what is the big deal? I obviously would want more than six anyway, but it seems like there's a lot of power in the zero.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was tied with 4 other qb's for 2nd most "on target"/most accurate qb in nfl last season:

Brandon Kiley ‏ @ BKSportsTalk 38m 38 minutes ago
# Chiefs QB Alex Smith was "on-target" on 74% of his passing attempts in 2014. Only Drew Brees was more accurate.

Why Not All Passes Are Completions | ProFootballFocus.com

Yeah, yeah, yeah, how could you not be accurate throwing dinks and dunks? Still, he's operating what is called well and the offense is built to the team's strengths. KC's strengths are wider this year.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar Jun 25
Chiefs had 0 TD catches by a WR in 2014, but had 6 TD passes to players lined up out wide or in the slot. Does it really matter?

So from players who were lined up as a receiver and were defended as a receiver, six touchdowns were scored. Right? So what is the big deal? I obviously would want more than six anyway, but it seems like there's a lot of power in the zero.
Semantics are a funny thing when it comes to narratives like the 0 WR TD skit. They were bad in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013, too. I don't think they have received 1/10000th the attention as this dud in 2014 did.