• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith

CusswordJim

playing with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Smith as KC`s QB....I don`t see him ever being the main reason they win....but he just does a solid job. They need players like Charles and McCluster to make the big plays.

I hope KC can get a solid WR....I have never liked Bowe....hands of stone....and never shows up when needed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Smith as KC`s QB....I don`t see him ever being the main reason they win....but he just does a solid job. They need players like Charles and McCluster to make the big plays.

I hope KC can get a solid WR....I have never liked Bowe....hands of stone....and never shows up when needed.

McCluster is no longer with the team if I remember right.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAnthony Thomas should be even more explosive then DMc, he's faster and maybe even a bit taller.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really is deflating to see a QB throw an accurate pass, only to be thwarted by the WR. The Hemmingway drop arguably creates an opportunity for SD to score that never even should have happened. It's a pretty consistent problem with these WR's and probably shaves 4-5% off of Alex's completion percentage for no good reason.

The AJ Jenkins play, where he ran out of bounds, was equally frustrating though. In a heavily horizontal, mostly by design, WCO, he was in the clear for a TD after a great effort to get the 1st down, but stepped out. The offense still scored 23 points against a defense that was 2nd in PPGA only to Detroit coming into the game, minus some DB's or not, so I am pleased with the performance overall by the offense from a points perspective.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is deflating to see a QB throw an accurate pass, only to be thwarted by the WR. The Hemmingway drop arguably creates an opportunity for SD to score that never even should have happened. It's a pretty consistent problem with these WR's and probably shaves 4-5% off of Alex's completion percentage for no good reason.

The AJ Jenkins play, where he ran out of bounds, was equally frustrating though. In a heavily horizontal, mostly by design, WCO, he was in the clear for a TD after a great effort to get the 1st down, but stepped out. The offense still scored 23 points against a defense that was 2nd in PPGA only to Detroit coming into the game, minus some DB's or not, so I am pleased with the performance overall by the offense from a points perspective.

I have to eat a bit of crow here...I really thought KC had the worst offseason (draft/FA) of all 32 teams and would take a huge step back...I still think they are taking a step back, but from where they were LY...the step back has been anything but huge.

They're playing pretty good football now, very solid on the road vs a pretty good team last week...I still think Smith is going to eventually have to challenge DEFs deeper downfield but with Davis & Charles being so explosive, they can still move the ball.

So far...better than I thought.

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is leary throwing to his receivers. I don't blame him. to many butter fingers

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is leary throwing to his receivers. I don't blame him. to many butter fingers

9.6% drop rate tops the league as of right now. For extra kicks, PFF has Alex Smith as the most accurate passer in the NFL right now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and not 1 TD by WR yet this year

He might have had two if not for Hemmingway's drop and Jenkins stepping out of bounds. However, it doesn't matter who scores but rather how often you score. Indirectly, targeting more receivers lead to more open non-receivers, but heaven forbid that happen because then the ball would go to non-receivers. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best stretch I can remember - Alex Smith, who's just been shredding lately. I don't think I'll ever come around on the financial side of it all (a conversation that's only relevant in the offseason), however I am slowly but surely coming around on Alex Smith: The Quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs. I've been really impressed so far this season, in two facets of his game, especially:

1. His consistency. I've hardly written about him this year because there hasn't been much variance from his best (New England or San Diego) to his worst (San Francisco - remember, that Tennessee game never happened) performances. But that's kinda nice. I know exactly what I'm getting from Alex every week, which is crucial because it'll keep the Chiefs in contention every game they play.

2. What Alex is doing on third downs. The Chiefs have now converted on 50 percent or more of their third downs in seven straight games. That's absolutely why this team is playing at such a high level right now. And before you say that's because the running game is picking up third and shorts, or leaving Alex with third-and-manageables, check this: Alex Smith is the NFL's best quarterback at converting third-and-8+ pass attempts into first downs this season (a whopping 57.7 percent !!!).

So I say that the last seven games have been Alex's best stretch (obviously, all relative). Most would probably lean towards the end of 2013 because of the numbers, but those were enhanced greatly by a five-TD screen pass day against this guy's team. Also, a certain soul-crushing playoff defeat still looms over that time period. Where as now, I've reached a point where I feel a sense of confidence with Alex Smith under center, the first time I can truly say that since he's been a Chief.

Jets vs. Chiefs: The Best and the worst - Arrowhead Pride

Last edited by a moderator:

StarsFan

noob extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyone else think Alex Smith should be worried about losing his job to injury again? Chase Daniels looked good and has the added mobility!