• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

27-57-87 MLB Draft Chat

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think it's more than a little sour grapes buddy. The guys who do these drafts and vote have more than "limited knowledge" on players. There's a reason why all these teams are so close and really really good.
I'd have to agree with 500. I doubt there's no more than a handful of players selected in the entire draft everyone doesn't know well. I know in a draft like this, where 200 players are picked, nobody on my top 75-80 slips past 100. These guys know their stuff. All the teams are great

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, if it helps any, I had your Bullpen ranked #1.

You had the best closer ever. And the best non closer ever, IMO.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fully agree with this statement ^^^^

Milk had the nastiest bullpen.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think it's more than a little sour grapes buddy. The guys who do these drafts and vote have more than "limited knowledge" on players. There's a reason why all these teams are so close and really really good.

That was not a knock on you or anyone that does this... But there is no way anyone knows more than just a minimal amount of stats from players from the past..

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not upset at all... Just found the voting process not to be as much fun as the actual draft... Not even close... I really don't care that I lost, I do care that nobody was able to see my strategy, and why I made some decisions...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not a knock on you or anyone that does this... But there is no way anyone knows more than just a minimal amount of stats from players from the past..

Honestly I believe we do, I know that even before we started doing these drafts I knew more about baseball and the history of baseball than any other sport, I have read and searched the internet and read books about the history of the game.

With that said doing these drafts has taught me things I didn't know, I consider myself very knowledgable on all things baseball especially the history of the game.

I can say without question the people that have been doing these drafts have gotten better meaning these drafts have helped teach people more about baseball as well as football and basketball. Like was said there's a reason everyones teams are so good now, it wasn't always like that, when we first started there would be 2 or 3 really good teams and 7 or 8 less than great teams.

I also wanna take a minute to thank all of you for being so active and awesome!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Milk I wanted to say it's been a great pleasure in joining this draft. You have brought a lot of in site and possible advice to this board. I truly hope you continue drafting with us. Most of these guys have been doing different drafts with Nos and myself for over a year straight now and it's a lot of fun. We are continually growing and trying to improve the overall experience and accuracy of judging teams. So seriously thank you for your input. :suds:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I gotta say that I find hilarious is I have won numerous mocks but I have never won a baseball draft, the sport I think I know most about. I believe it's because in baseball I tend to draft with my heart and not my brain... lolzzz

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think nos and I are campaigning for Milks vote in the playoff. :hope:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I believe we do, I know that even before we started doing these drafts I knew more about baseball and the history of baseball than any other sport, I have read and searched the internet and read books about the history of the game.

With that said doing these drafts has taught me things I didn't know, I consider myself very knowledgable on all things baseball especially the history of the game.

I can say without question the people that have been doing these drafts have gotten better meaning these drafts have helped teach people more about baseball as well as football and basketball. Like was said there's a reason everyones teams are so good now, it wasn't always like that, when we first started there would be 2 or 3 really good teams and 7 or 8 less than great teams.

I also wanna take a minute to thank all of you for being so active and awesome!

I have a question to all here, and maybe this is where I am different...

If player A is better than player B, but player B fits a certain role that your team needs better would you take player A over player B??

Player A does not necessarily have to play that same role as player B...

Using an actual example... I drafted Fred McGriff... My team needed a 1B, and it needed power, McGriff was the best power guy left at the point of draft(and his offensive numbers are superior to other players drafted), would you have drafted Keith Hernandez or Dom Mattingly over him??

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't care if he votes for me all I want is for him to do more mocks with us, he's been a great addition...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Nos fixed the reason I voted against him in the first round... will be tough... But got to take a good look...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If player A is better than player B, but player B fits a certain role that your team needs better would you take player A over player B??

Using an actual example... I drafted Fred McGriff... My team needed a 1B, and it needed power, McGriff was the best power guy left at the point of draft(and his offensive numbers are superior to other players drafted), would you have drafted Keith Hernandez or Dom Mattingly over him??

I would normally take player B if he fits my team better unless there is a huge difference in value.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if you noticed how I said I voted. I said I look at the individual players and I also look at how the players fit together.

To answer your question if you needed a lefty bat and power absolutely I would take McGriff, I don't think anyone thinks McGriff was a bad pick, maybe that he was taken too soon or maybe everyone already had their 1st basemen and you could have waited.

McGriff was the first pick of round 12 and I was one of the people who thought that was a little early for him but on second thought maybe it was maybe it wasn't. There was only one other 1st baseman drafted in the next 7 rounds. But when looking at your team he did fit and it was a good pick.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know something else thats cool is I think we are all starting to know each other so well we know who likes what players and know others voting tendencies so that might directly or indirectly affect our drafting.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need everyone to please vote in the Semi-Final games.

Thank you...

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know something else thats cool is I think we are all starting to know each other so well we know who likes what players and know others voting tendencies so that might directly or indirectly affect our drafting.

Like how I know whoever drafts John Elway can kiss your vote good bye ;)

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like how I know whoever drafts John Elway can kiss your vote good bye ;)

But draft Montana and you'll get his vote or a AP well hell any Vikings player.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA, I hate you guys!