• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noteboom is a pass-blocking only LT who has previously been pressed into playing G, (mostly unsuccessfully), and RT, (decent - but not quality starter level) . Based on his limited time at LT the Rams gave him an extension for $12M in each of the 1st 2 years and $15M in year 3, (2024). He isn't going to win the LT job ahead of Alaric Jackson and the Rams won't be retaining him at $15M. He has been offered a back-up value contract, which he hasn't yet signed. I would estimate his market value to be just under $4M. He is a 6th OL. If he is starting for you then you are looking for his replacement. If he isn't starting you're unhappy at paying such money for a back-up. I expect him to be released very early into the new NFL year.
Rams are retaining him at $6.6M. Not happy. It's way too much for a back-up LT, and putting a low $4.89M 2nd round RFA tag on the much better starting LT is unwise.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford started earlier and couldn't even throw two years ago.

Kirk was 24 his rookie year. Stafford was 21. Kirk didn't play full time until he was 27. Stafford was 23. They aren't on the same cycle.

Stafford is also 6 months older.
:heh:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, that's not a crazy suggestion. You have to wonder this because Pittsburgh is such a solid organization, but I find it crazy for them to put all their eggs in the Russell Wilson basket. He's a better QB than what he showed in Denver, but I'm not sure I'd want him as choice A, B, and C for the team QB. They'll need some kind of fallback option.
In addition, IF the guy has a great season is Pittsburgh the type of team that's going to give a guy his age big bucks based on that one good season in a while?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders bringing back DT Adam Butler on a 1 year deal.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle still needs some run stuffers, but if Nwosu is healthy and they can find another ILB in the draft, going to be a pretty scary defense given Carroll/Hurtt wont be asleep at the helm with non-stop soft ass zone and ILBs that can actually cover. Least on paper anyway...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is a Steeler.

Well, this was probably the best thing for Fields as the best way he can get better is to learn from the older version of himself

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this was probably the best thing for Fields as the best way he can get better is to learn from the older version of himself
And for a conditional 6th round pick next year. It is a no brainer for the Steelers.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for a conditional 6th round pick next year. It is a no brainer for the Steelers.
For now, yes. But depending on if they want to keep him it could be a mistake if they never give him any playing time.

Renting him for a 6th for one year is OK but if they don’t plan on extending him, why even make the trade?

Either you let him walk and waste a 6th which isn’t a big deal, or you have to pay big money for his fifth year option and unless he sets the world on fire if he gets to start he hasn’t exactly shown he deserves it

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our GM is pretty good and has done a lot to make the Bears a competitive team. But Pittsburgh's GM literally owns our guy. This is the 2nd consecutive year the Steelers have fleeced the Bears in a trade.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now, yes. But depending on if they want to keep him it could be a mistake if they never give him any playing time.

Renting him for a 6th for one year is OK but if they don’t plan on extending him, why even make the trade?

Either you let him walk and waste a 6th which isn’t a big deal, or you have to pay big money for his fifth year option and unless he sets the world on fire if he gets to start he hasn’t exactly shown he deserves it
The only way he plays if Wilson is hurt. So I don’t see this hurting them. If he starts and plays well it is then worth but honestly I don’t see it.